THR Post Op LTHR:My new hip! :<

God complex? Can't possibly conceive of something they did not being perfect?
 
@Josephine he was scrutinizing it....or at least that's what it looked like to me, but for all I really know he was deep in thought about his upcoming plans for the evening or his Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet, Coffee sitting in the other room. :heehee: (He strikes me as a high-maintenance coffee drinking type.)
 
Last edited:
Oh Dana I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I know how optimistic you are but with all this hardly surprising you’re depressed. I hope you get some help soon. Lots of us here rooting for you! :flwrysmile:
 
@Mojo333 thank you for your warm thoughts, Hun!!!

Thank you @GrannyC I was giggling off and on for hours, imagining the offerings getting counted and then finding my mom's grocery list. Hahaha So funny!!!!

Thank you @newhip126 The depression has been annoying...I'm feeling fat and frumpy, having gained 25-30lbs since September so I'm just so anxious about that and eager to be healed enough to start cardio!!!! I'm not used to being so tied down. But then I tell myself this isn't a permanent state....it will pass...it could be worse..... Blah blah and various other cheesy eye-roll inducing pearls of wisdom hahaha
Sound familiar, @Descant ? I'm sorry you're feeling the blues too. I appreciate your sharing with me. How sweet of hubby to go to the concert with you.

@Layla as usual, your words warm the cockles of my heart! Hehe Seriously luv, you got it! All bang on!!
 
I recently requested / received ALL of my records that have to do with my THR, surgery report, x-rays, visits pre-op and post op.
There was a short paragraph written by my OS in relation to my x-rays. I would assume that all docs must record something in regard to Imaging. I'd be curious as to your OS's notations in relation to your latest x-rays. Consider getting copies of all to look over.....just a thought. It's not going to change anything but if he so readily said all looked "perfect", I'd be curious to see how he recorded that in your file.
 
@Layla I'm gonna call my OS office tomorrow and request the xray copies. I will be able to ask my gp the specifics when I see him on the 26th. The reason I'm seeing him initially was because we need to fill out a current medical update report for my work. I've been off on long term disability so it's a requirement every few months. Now, however, when I see him I'll he able to discuss our loose stem theory.
 
So sorry about this turn of events. Also frustrating it takes so long to get things checked out. Doesn’t help when you are getting one doc to pass opinion on another’s work, even if it may not have been anything the doctor actually did was wrong, except in this case admit it may not be perfect.

You seem to have a firm plan for pursuing. Focus on that. You know there are examples on here of success after a first failure. You are your own best advocate.

And cuddle with that grand baby.
 
Just a question. When I have an X-ray, ultrasound scan etc here, I’m no longer given hard copies or reports. It’s all digital and sent to the Doc electronically. I’d love to have the hard copies and reports because (and I have VERY good reason for this), I don’t trust the Docs to tell the truth or at the very least to lie by omission. I think I’ll take your advice and send a request for the X-rays etc ad reports to be sent to me as well. That’s my right isn’t it?
 
@Gidget - don't know if it is a "right" but if it isn't, it should be... I get copies of all my xrays/mri's on disc. Like @Layla I also have copies of my doctors visits and hospital reports. Sometimes you have to specifically ask for the Dr. notes and not just a visit summary...
 
Hi @Gidget
It is our right in the states...Not sure about Australia. Would think so though.
 
Well friends, not much to report today. Ice, ice, ice....feeling particularly sore. Ugh. It's funny (ironic, strange,not really) that it feels like my pain has increased now that I know there's a possible issue and it's not just in my head! Hahaha
 
I can see how that would be Dana.
It would be that way for me. It would also make me NOT want to push myself until I found out. Be easy on that leg until this is sorted...Try not to project until you see what's up.
I'm thinking of you !:friends:
 
I understand feeling like pain has increased since finding out it looks like there is a problem. I think our mindset helps us deal with pain. You tried telling yousrself you were just over focusing on it earlier and it really didn’t hurt that much, but it did.

Keep your ice pack handy. Any chance you can get into gp sooner than the 27th to get the process started?
 
@danabanana I've been following your story this week and hope that your upcoming appointments can get you started on a path to resolving your ongoing pain - you deserve that so much!

Now an Olympics question - as a Canadian, can you explain curling to the rest of us? Hubby and I were watching the Canadian Olympics broadcast last night and I just can't wrap my head around this sport lol. Plus it looks like you need some pretty flexible hips to send the rock down the ice.
 
Aww, Dana
I really feel for you. You've been such a sport.
While you're still suffering hopefully your next doctor's visit
will be the beginning of the end. I'm sure your pain is real.
Sending hugs and wishes for a peaceful weekend!
@danabanana
 
Regarding the x-ray question, I don’t know about Australia as I live in US. For the past year or two whenever my husband or I go for an x-ray, MRI, ultrasound, etc., we request a copy of the radiologist ‘s written report. Sometimes we need to request a CD as well for dr but always now we request the report for ourselves. This can be good and bad. The good is that you see what was actually written. The bad is that you can’t understand half the jargon so you’re looking things up on the internet and scaring yourself at times. Then you get to dr for results and he says all is well and the thing you couldn’t understand isn’t a problem. If the X-rays are done right in dr office, we haven’t requested those reports as the dr gives them to you verbally the same day. I think if I ever question the dr’s diagnosis though, I will request a copy of X-ray and report for myself.
 
My OS practice has an online portal that you can sign into and update your history, medications, etc. and see a brief summary of your past visits. I was hoping they would also post x-rays and other test results but I don't see a way to access those. The summary of my first visit made me laugh because the OS I saw (who didn't do my surgery) noted that he didn't think I was being bothered by my hip enough to do a THR yet, even though I yelped when he internally rotated my leg during the consult.
 
@danabanana My OS works at a major teaching hospital and we get all our records online. He kindly took a picture of the X-ray with my phone at the last visit. He said that many people ask for those, so he is good at taking pictures. Only the write ups are posted online, not the actual X-rays. Please let us know what your primary care says. My mom, may she rest in peace, said that some specialists think that they are gods from Olympus and never make mistakes. I think that they are scared of lawsuits.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom