THR So many ups and downs<

You guys are the BEST! Thankyouthankyouthankyou! After reading your replies to my miserable post, I feel SO much better. Yes @Mojo333 , perhaps you’re right about the muscles, altho it feels like my joints are coming apart. But it does make sense that the muscles will take a lot of time. As to PT, I am not having any now. I did have a PT come to my house twice a week for 8 weeks after my surgery. It was not extremely helpful, though. I do have an osteopath who comes whenever I feel I need a treatment, but his is a gentle treatment - cranial or biodynamic therapy which treats the whole.

Keep rminding me, @MammaT and @Cas that I’ll improve. My daughter’s baby is due May 7 and I want to be able to visit her in hospital. I will persevere. I love this forum! ❤️❤️❤️
 
My youngest son was born on May 7 @MobiM. You must promise to post a picture for us of you at the hospital holding that baby!
 
Are you a Granny, Gramma, Nana, Mema?
Don't think you look old enough to be a granny, even if you do feel it sometimes.
Hang on to the small things, Mobi...we really want you to succeed in your efforts.
Don't you wish you had a crystal ball? So you could see what this time next year will look like?
Yes, a year of perseverance sounds awfully long...but what's the alternative?
Virtual hugs..:roseshwr:
 
@MobiM hi from over the water! You sound much happier today. Don't give up hope. You are doing great so keep at it. Your muscles do have a lot of healing to do as well as your hip. Slow but sure is the answer. Can't wait to see the new baby.
Here is a reminder of my hope:
Just bought a car on finance in the HOPE I can drive it soon if (WHEN) my hands get better!!!! LOL.
Am determined to get mobile again:hog: Couldn't find a car !!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
@MammaT my daughter was born May 7 - so her baby is due on her birthday. My mom and sister had the same birth days, too. Interesting that your son was also a May 7 baby.

Am feeling quite down today. One of our cats, Jessie, was sick all night vomiting. When we tried to clean her up, she couldn’t walk. Her back legs wouldn’t work. Long story short, we had to have the vet put her down. She’s been a member of our family for 18 years. I’m simply heartbroken. It’s the hardest decision to make, but there was nothing the vet could do.

And of course, being an author, my imagination then follows a direct line comparing Jessie’s fate with me. My legs don’t work, either, so perhaps I’m the next to go. Lol! I know that’s crazy, but my creativity doesn’t always work in a positive way.

Just wanted to share. It’s the Australia Day long weekend here and am feeling a bit lonely with my son and family going to his wife’s parents and my daughter and family sick with a flu. It’s supposed to be extremely hot the next few days - around 107*F.

I hope you are all doing well! Hugs and love.
 
Having to put a pet down is so sad @MobiM. 18 Years is a long time to have a cat. My two are around 8 1/2.

I didn’t know you were an author. Is that something you have been able to continue while you have been laid up? I would think that would be a good diversion. I wanted to write once upon a time, but became a government bureaucrat. Maybe I can give it a try in retirement.

Hope your pain isn’t too bad for you today. I thought we were doing good here today when it hit 51. You certainly don’t want your daughter and family coming over with the flu-that is the last thing you need.

Try not to be too lonely. It seems there is always someone awake on bonesmart. I won’t be up much longer, bad sleep last night so am going to bed early.

Take care my friend.
 
Aww, I'm so sorry Mobi!
Putting our little buddies down is very difficult. I know the heartache myself.
Our pets love us unconditionally and are fiercely loyal. It's very hard to say goodbye.

Whoa....107 F that's crazy hot! It never gets that hot here.
I imagine everyone stays inside with AC running 24/7...We'll have a string of muggy 90's in July or August that make me hibernate and an extremely rare 100 F but never 107 F!

I'm sorry you're feeling lonely....
Consider inviting a friend over, or call an old aquaintance for a phone visit to help banish the blues.
Maybe there is new series you could begin watching, on like a Netflix...Easy to get hooked and take our mind off all else. Hoping the loneliness fades fast and you make some strides this week.

Hugs and prayers for patience and perseverance.
@MobiM
 
That's a very long life your dear Jessie had.
My little Mojo is going on 15, and it will be oh so sad when he is no
longer with me.
But I will not want him to be suffering either.
I admit as much as I love hot weather that is a little too hot for me...
Thinking of you.
 
I’m so sorry about your puss. They leave a big hole in our hearts when they leave us :boohoo:
I know what you mean about people thinking you should be doing better. In a perfect world we’d all heal beautifully and quickly but it’s just not so. I’m nearly four months post op and would like to be doing better but I’m doing what I’m doing and in the long run I trust I’ll be able to get out there and walk my dogs. We’re not enjoying the heat either. It’s just going on and on this year.
 
I am so sorry about your kitty. My pup is 13 years old and showing her age, sleeps all the time and has a hard time walking in the cool weather with arthritis. I dread not having her with me some day.
Hugs across the globe:sad:
 
@MobiM So sorry about your puss cat. They leave such a hole when they cross the bridge but you did the right thing for her. Having had so many dogs and cats over the years I know how painful it can be. You sounded so positive last week and this is just another set back along the way. Hopefully you will start to feel better by the end of the week. Can't offer any advice except my support and send healing hugs. Let me know how you get on Love Carol
 
Oh @MobiM I’m so very sorry to read about your cat. It’s heartbreaking when we lose one of our fur babies.
I hope you don’t get too lonely and that your family are able to visit soon :flwrysmile:
 
Apologies for not replying to you all sooner! The heat wave knocked the power out in many areas here, so not only were we sweltering but we had no AC - not even a fan to help. Overnight didn’t get below 90F (31C). Aweful. Then today it’s down to mid 60’sF (19/20C).

Alas, I’ve overdone it yet again. I was determined to make it to the end of our driveway (a country driveway, not short) and did so over the past two days...still with crutches. It hurt more in my middle and upper back from the crutches! I also determinedly did the standing excercises the PT suggested, but holding each for five seconds. Haven’t done them until this attempt. I did two walks each day. “No excuses!” I said. LOL! Well, determination obvioulsy doesn’t fix anything any faster. Today I could barely stand up let alone go for a walk. Every muscle and joint in my back, hips and legs screams if I move at all. I think the sudden change in temp/weather has contributed, too - as well as the upcoming full blue/blood moon that ALWAYS affects my moods, nerves and sleep. So...back to the drawing board.

Our other cat, Sibyl, seems lost without our Jessie...she just can’t find her and is obviously worried. It surprises me because they never seemed to get along. Just goes to show You can never tell a cat’s true feelings. Our four labradors are missing her, too. But yes, we were not going to let her suffer.

@Mojo333 I’m “Grandma” - I have three grandsons, one granddaughter and another grandaughter on the way. Thank you for the kind words! My four year old grandson, Oliver, was lying next to me a couple days ago and suddenly said: “Grandma, you look old!” I quickly replied that that was good, because “Being old means you’re very, very clever.” Haha! But out of the mouths of babes, eh? I’m 65 and it surprises me every day. Where did the time go?

@MammaT no, I haven’t worked on any of my books in a while. I can’t use my laptop lying flat as it bothers my neck and in any case, my pain doesn’t make me feel very ambitious or creative. I HAVE begun slowly getting some old ones republished and back in the stores. And I enjoyed creating a book trailer for Return of the Gulls. Like making a short movie! It was fun. If you’re interested, it’s on theYouTube link.

Please let me know how you are all doing? I have not yet figured out where or what to do to follow you all personally in your own journeys. Any help in that regard would be appreciated.

I am praying that my current pain eases up by tomorrow. Does anyone else get affected by the full moon? Oh, I also wanted to attach a pic that my specialist sports doctor sent to me. Whenever I feel down about my progress. I look at it and take hope. Maybe it will help others here.

Hugs to you all!

[Bonesmart.org] So many ups and downs<
 
Last edited:
Mobi, I don't have a home PC so I work in my smarter-then-me phone.
If you click on someone's avatar, then on profile page, then information... you can scroll and see find all posts by
And. Find all threads by
Clicking on all threads by whoever will bring you to their thread.
Did I make that confusing enough.
I hate that you can't do more right now, and I do think due to your extended time of immobility , you are really going to feel it when you do.
I don't know how much is too much but I do so admire your courage and hope the baby steps translate into great strides for recovery.
We are rooting for you, keep the faith.
I'll be checking out your trailer.
How cool is that :)
 
Last edited:
Oh @MobiM, there you are overdoing it again! Remember, “walking is good but even that not to excess”! Maybe when you go back to it (and I know you will), try shorter chunks of drive. Maybe 1/4 of it there and back for several days once a day, then gradually build up. I know with my recovery I increased by one driveway (I live in a suburban neighborhood) every couple of days as I felt stronger, and I did not have the issues with which you have struggled. I also only went once a day the first few days. I would also imagine that heat would take it out of you.

Animals do miss other animals and people. When our oldest son left to join the Air Force, our English setter at the time kept going back to his bedroom for a week or so looking for him. As our animals have left us, the ones left behind have a similar reaction, even though we thought some of them weren’t very close.

Thanks so much for sharing book information, I will check it out, but may be the weekend. Putting in ling week at work this week finishing up some loose ends and getting some final things done around house before Monday.

Keep positive Maureen, you are making progress!

Ginny
 
Thanks Mojo! Will try following threads. I have a hard enough time finding my own! Thanks...would love your feedback on my trailer. I had fun making it.

Ginny, I really tried to go slow. I did do shorter walks up the driveway...increasing every few days where I could. But I just felt that I was still spending more time inert than moving and would get nowhere that way. But yes, perhaps starting excercises as well as longer more frequent walks all at once was too much. Thanks for sharing about your son and English setter. I never ever thought Sibyl would miss Jessie. They fought all the time. I do hope your son is stationed somewhere safe?
 
He is now out of Air Force. Lives in Arizona with wife and two children. Further away than I would like @MobiM, but our children make their own paths. Will fly out there in early fall once hip recovery is well along. Need some cuddles with those grandkids even if they think I look old!
 
Hey Mobi,
Do you own OR have you ever considered a fitbit?
There are wrist models or clip-ons (which I have /prefer) also cheaper brands which do the same.
That way you could monitor steps, you wouldn't need to count driveways, or anything else, but
could track your activity more effectively. It may challenge you to increase your daily
steps at whatever rate you're comfortable with. S-L-O-W and easy. You'll get there :yes!:
Hope today is a good one! @MobiM
 
@MobiM Hi there. Glad your up and about some more but don't overdo it! Small steps-don't go to end of the drive all at once. You are really amazing how you keep trying. I do too although my hip is now wonderful I have other probs. LOL! We have got to keep positive in all our adversities. So pleased you feel a bit more positive. All love and hugs my friend - keep it up you will get there love Carol
 
Ginny I’m so glad your son is ok. And I know it will be so wonderful for you to see the grandchildren. I wish I could see more of mine, as they only live about fifteen minutes away, but need to be able to be active and travel.

Mojo, it’s funny you mentioned the FitBit. My daughter got me one like it for Christmas but we found it was faulty so she has to returnit and wait for a replacement. So it will come in handy when I get it. :heehee:

Cas, I can sure relate to the ‘other’ probs! That’s what started all this nonsense in the first place. And still no definitive diagnosis. I got a call in regard to my blood test today. My GP wants to see my husband to give him another blood test order as apparently my fasting glucose was suss. So will have to try to make it in for a second blood test somehow. Just praying the next one comes back normal. Just really don’t need anything more to worry about.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom