Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Gretel post op<

Hi there Bilateral Wonder. How are things going with your walking and ongoing recovery?
I hope things are steadily improving.
I hope your weekend is peaceful.:SUNsmile:
 
Hi @Mojo333 thanks for checking up on me. I think I’m getting a slight improvement with the pain in my thighs :) It’s only slight but I do think there’s a little movement in the right direction! My weekend is going very well. My friend who’s been in hospital for a couple of weeks in showing definite improvement. I am so happy.
 
Oh, me too. I'm happy for you.
I was afraid to ask about her as the diagnosis was so scary.
Hey, we can all get better.
As I said before, my thigh muscles stayed super sore for quite a while...so we can all get better.
:loveshwr:
 
Hi @Gretel
It's nice to hear you're feeling improvement, albeit minor, it's still moving in the right direction.
Also thankful to hear you're friend is improving, understandably it was upsetting for you.
Hope your Sunday is great!
 
I was just reading back on your thread and learned of your friend. It is sad when this happens but I was glad to read she is showing improvement. That is fantastic. AND you are feeling a tiny bit of improvement yourself which is good, too. When you stop and think about it, you are not even 4 months out yet so undoubedtly there is still lots and lots of healing going on plus we all heal at different rates. Hang in there and I hope you have a good rest of the weekend!!
 
I was given muscle relaxers this week! What a relief, can wear pants again! Have you considered them? My new Dr likes to use them. Old Dr, did not believe in them. Off ice fishing today! It is free fishing day in Vermont. A friend who lives on a lake has a party, bonfire, food, fishing, lots of kids!!!
 
Hi @Gretel
Noticed your pretty avatar, wondering how you're doing...
I hope well and feeling steady improvement.
Enjoy the rest of the week!
 
Hi @Berber7227 and @Layla i’m doing okay. I walked a bit extra today. Progressing very slowly. If I go to the doctor I’ll ask. About the muscle relaxers. :) :-) (:
My friend has been diagnosed with early onset dementia. It’s so sad. She’s only 55 and has young grandkids. She is pretty good just now but not long ago didn’t know her son or grandkids. It’s really upset me.
 
Oh @Gretel my heart goes out to your friend and her family. It is the MOST hateful of diseases. My late husband was diagnosed with it at 52. Our sons were only 5 and 7 at that time. John had been so overjoyed at becoming a dad but within 31/2 years he’d forgotten who they were to the extent that he physically attacked our older son twice. At this point I asked for him to go into respite for the first time. Sadly he never came home again as my gentle, kind man became too violent. He passed away with me by his side playing messages from the boys 3 years later.
 
@Gretel so sorry to read about your friend it's an awful disease and so hard on the familiy. How are you doing yourself? Hope you are having a good day - cheers Carol
 
Gretel, my legs were constantly reminding me they were there. Had to keep moving...did not like one particular place for any amount of time.
And then, those lively zaps and zings.
Perhaps muscle relaxers would help.
Know you probably went to wop me on my head when I say this by now, but Time is what it took for all that to get behind me. Good thing is IT DID get better, is better. Better at 4 months, even better at 5...etc.
9 months anniversary tomorrow...and for the past 5 weeks I'd say, I hardly think of my hips at all.
I am still healing too though...but 90% is pretty amazing!
 
Gretel,
Hugs to you, sweetie. I'm sure it's very difficult watching your friend struggle.
It's sad, scary and you don't want to lose her.
Prayers for her and for strength / peace for you. :console2:
@Gretel
 
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and words. @Jackie222 that would have been devastating for you all. I’m so sorry.
I’ve started to wear hubby’s Fitbit today to see just how much I am walking. I had one but it walked off on daughters wrist last year :loll:
 
Yes @Gretel I’ve noticed that things they like suddenly become their possessions! Recently I’ve “lost” some Wi-fi headphones and a Wi-fi speaker :heehee:
 
Hi Gretel,
Glad you are moving along albeit slowly. Just think, you got both hips done in one fell swoop. Of course, it's going to take a bit longer. Upside is you don't have to have the second hip done in another year or so. That's a big upside to my mind. Sometimes I feel like such a complainer and then something reminds me, like your friend's problem, that I could try putting things in perspective. My school friend was diagnosed with early onset Alzheimers but she seems to be doing really well. She takes beautiful photos the flowers she grows at the care facility she is in. They say aging is not for sissies. I believe it! It helps me to talk things out so heck, I'm just going to keep doing that.
 
Thanks @marita. Pleased to hear your friend is doing well. She’s going to be transferred to a hospital closer to her home. It will mean I can’t visit as often and I doubt her children will go often. Her hubby hasn’t visited her much and I’m not sure how much support he’s going to be....
I’m having a very quiet day today. I’ve been having trouble with vertigo lately and had a nasty bout in the early hours of the morning. I hate it!
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom