THR Trouble sleeping on my back

Keep fighting them @Dive17. My maximum out of pocket is $2,500. Thankfully we have a flex spending plan in which I put $2,500. Funds are available for use January 1 even though it comes out of check during the year.
 
It's a recovery journey, Dive.
Sorry for all the aggravations...but hopefully all will be worth it in the end.
Hope you have a Good Day.
 
Good morning, I am posting a short one and then back to work. The last few days have been pretty good. I had an almost today. I have a rear tire with a slow leak and have not gone to the shop. My DH was supposed to add air last night and forgot, so I had to stop at the gas station and pump it up. OMG, it hurt! I did the golf reach extending the right leg and reaching with the left hand, but try to hold that while uncapping the tire and adding air, and then putting the cap back. My knee and back were screaming. I am sure that the people at the station had a good laugh, there is that old woman with a leg in the air moaning and groaning as she adds air! My DH owes me one- wonder what little gift I will get.
 
Hi @Dive17
Great visual!
I often find myself thinking the same thing while striking some of those poses....in the privacy of my own home!
You can't help but laugh at how crazy AND unladylike we must look :heehee:
Gifts....what?!!! I never got any gifts for performing mundane tasks while in the golfers pose :tantrum2:

Hope the rest of your day is great!
 
gifts not needed - you now have something to use (for a limited time) to get him to do lots more for you - "Remember all the pain and embarrassment I had filling the tire because you forward got, we'll..."
 
Extortion is such an ugly word. It's merely providing gentle reminders to him of how much he loves her and wants to help her, especially now while she is so fragile.
 
Just when we think we are healed, we get a reminder “not so fast my friend”. I would definitely play the guilt card on this one!
 
@Dive17 - Come on Dive, get that tire fixed ASAP! Hitting the driver yet? I carry a 5 iron on my daily walks in my neighborhood, mainly as a dog putter, but I haven't needed it yet. Walking 18 holes is something like 5 miles. I think I'm about ready to start again. I stopped 6 yrs ago because of my hip OA. Best of luck!
 
Hi @Clipper , played 9 holes yesterday in mucky cart path only conditions. Scored better than before the surgery, which is not great but better. The best news, I was dog tired but not in pain, woohoo! Was going to go out today again and we got 3 inches of rain this morning. There are ponds everywhere in the middle of the fairways. Next weekend I will be going for 18 holes.

Have two more sessions of PT left, alleluia! Had an ugly experience at PT on Wednesday. I could not get there early enough to see my regular therapist and worked with another. She asked if an intern could work on me under her direction. I should have said no. OMG, that young man was out to prove how strong he was, pushing on my hip to see how much it would turn. Could not sleep that night as my knee, back and hip were all screaming that I had betrayed them. The good thing is that I was OK two days later, when the swelling subsided. I made sure to "give feedback" that this was unacceptable. I am pretty easygoing and not a wimp, but no more interns for me. They can practice on another hapless soul.

I can now use the stationary bike, do half squats and do steps up and down. I bought an exercise step to put in front of the TV to work on those leg muscles. Next Friday I will declare myself done with the therapy and go back to normal life. I do not hurt while walking and can pick up things from the floor mostly without discomfort. The next step is to go back to my gym routine, modified to not overstress the hip. Life is good!
 
You are doing superbly @Dive17. I’ve never been a golfer, but I can relate to the joy of getting back to doing what you like. In terms of you pt experience, I might have just slapped him. I think we can use temporary insanity from surgery as a defense. I am thinking of trying to find a pt who has used pt after a joint replacement. I wonder what their approach would be.

Looking forward to my stationary bike. Stand at the door and look at it. Hoping home pt will get me started in a week or two.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
 
What wonderful news on your golf game....back doing what you love!
Sorry to hear about the overly ambitious PT, it's hard to understand what some of these
people are thinking. Thankfully you recovered quickly.
At only two months post op you seem to be healing nicely.
Life is good! Have fun jumping back in :yay:
@Dive17
 
golf 2 months out , nicceee, I did hit 10 balls last week swinging at 70%. Would not try a driver for a bit. Im at 10 weeks on sunday. Glad things are well
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom