Recent content by debbyS

  1. debbyS

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    @sistersinhim, So glad you like your new OS. You deserve to have your questions answered. I have taken meloxicam for years for my knees. My ankle OS said the same thing about it slowing down healing. So right now I have been just taking aspirin and it has been working so far. Wish you luck in...
  2. debbyS

    TKR Debby's new knee

    @zalmick, It was so good to hear from you. I just caught up on your thread and sounds like you are busy. Things are looking up here. I saw my OS last Weds and he took me off of bed rest. Big yeah!!!!. I see him again in a week and if all is well, he will put me in a walking cast. I am counting...
  3. debbyS

    TKR Debby's new knee

    @Celle, Thanks, my right knee is doing amazingly well. Our house is a bi- level so I have to push myself up 9 stairs. As long as I am careful not to bend it to much and rest when I need to, I it does not swell and I have no pain. My OS's pa thought the fusion may slow down the recovery of my...
  4. debbyS

    TKR Debby's new knee

    @sandi4213, Sandi, Thank You for your kind words. I think the worst is behind me. Funny, how we never believe our OS. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  5. debbyS

    TKR Debby's new knee

    zalmick, Sandi, Hi! Sorry I have been awohl for a for a while. At 6 months my knee is doing great. I have minimal swelling and no pain unless I do something I should not,like push it so I try to be careful. On August 17 I had an ankle fusion on my left ankle. There were a few speed bumps (...
  6. debbyS

    TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

    Glad to hear the cortisone gave you some relief. It's a great feeling to walk without a cane. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  7. debbyS

    TKR Sandi's knees, take 2

    Sandi,glad to hear your surgery went well. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  8. debbyS

    TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

    That's great! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  9. debbyS

    TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

    Glad to hear surgery is over and went well. Best wishes for a less complicated recovery. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  10. debbyS

    TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

    Hi Zakie! I agree with Diane. I have not done PT since Wk 6 but have just been concentrated on adl. My extension and bend have continued to improve. You are doing great! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  11. debbyS

    TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

    Best wishes tomorrow. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  12. debbyS

    TKR No Kneecap and a TKR Experience

    I had wondered the same thing. Thanks for bringing it up! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  13. debbyS

    TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

    Three months is not that long when you think of it. I remember not being able to move my leg at all. The next morning I can move it side to side. It seemed like a major victory. I remind myself of that when my leg hurts a little and I am feeling down. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  14. debbyS

    TKR Debby's new knee

    Thanks, yes we have! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. debbyS

    TKR Jennszoo Staged TKR, working on running again

    Hi @ Jennszoo, I have been there and to say it is annoying is an understatement. My SIL asked my husband if it hurt. Really!! These statements are coming from people have not had a knee replacement. Just bite your tongue, it will pass. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom