TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

Hey Katy!

I haven't been to PT since about week 9. I still have lots of stiffness and tightness. Some days I get the squishy feeling and then other just the tight band feeling. Nights are still my worst with the achy sore stiff feeling. I just can't seem to get comfortable and have resorted back to taking a pain pill some nights.

I've thought about going back to PT to start getting my strength built back up but then I'm afraid they are going to push it too much and make the swelling worse. I can tell by just my walking more that it makes it flair up. Ugh.

I have been seeing a massage therapist that I've used for several years. She has been working on loosening up my quads and hamstrings as well as a lower back issue I've had since before the surgery. That really seems to help with those issues. However on Monday when I went she really massaged the knee itself for the first time. It didn't hurt at all when she was doing it but several hours later it just tightened right up to more than it had been for awhile. I'm going to have her stay away from that from now on and just concentrate on the other parts. She does have to dig into some of my muscles in my butt, thighs and hamstrings to help them release. It's kind of like it "hurts so good when she does it!" The next day I can feel a soreness but I can feel things are a lot looser at the same time.

I'm trying to push it a little more each week to see what my knees can handle without lashing back at me. I am so ready mentally to get back to work but physically I afraid it's just not ready for the long days on my feet.

I still get the heavy aching feeling in my knee area and just everyday routines tire me out. So ready to be back to normal but I know I've still got a long way to go.

My doctor gave me a script for Mobic/Meloxicam as well but I'm not really sure I notice any difference while taking it. Who knows.

So sorry to hear that you've been sick. That just makes everything worse :-( Hope your infection clears up quickly!
 
Hey girls!
Quick post I reached 115degrees today..woohoo!!! Did a little dance [emoji126]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Has anyone had a cortisone injection in their replaced knee? Booked in to have one tomorrow but nervous, it's still swelling so much and painful at times. Hoping that the injection will give me some leeway to work on strengthening my muscles.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm no expert but I'd be pretty worried about the possibility of infection.
 
It's the OS doing the injection @DebM so I'm sure he wouldn't do it if that was a concern, oh gee I hadn't thought of that as a possibility...?!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I hope the injection helps. Does he think maybe it's a bursa? Cortisone should help that where no amount of stretch or massage would. Let us know how it goes AND congratulations on the bend!! Yah! :loveshwr::wowspring:
 
I had a cortisone injection in my operated hip last week for my Bursa problem. It really helped that a lot. I'm still getting a lot of tightness, stiffness and internal swelling with my knee. In fact these last two days have been worse and I haven't done anything out of the ordinary in fact I've been babying it more because of it. Still very frustrating even though my doctor says everything is great :whistle:
 
He changed his mind to oral steroids as he is concerned with infection. On a high dose for 3 days then ween down to 15mg over 2 weeks... see him again in a fortnight to see if it has helped.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope you'll feel better soon.

I can't stand the idea of any injections. I look away when blood is being drawn too.
 
I used to be terrified of any injections but having migraines and doing ivf has changed that. The blood being drawn fascinates me once the needle is through the skin [emoji23]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I have had so much blood drawn in the last 10 years because of a thyroid issue and several different surgeries that needles don't faze me a bit. I sit there and watch and I can tell the good ones from the bad ones. I am blessed with good veins so that's a big plus :-)

I hope the steroids give you some relief.
 
Yes me too or sleeplessness [emoji33]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom