7:30 surgery time, report at 6am. I like getting it out if the way early. Last time I was headed home around 1ish. Hoping all goes as smoothly this time. About to go cook up some food for the next couple days, prep my nests some more.
Oh good, for the early surgery, my was early, too. I had asked for his first one of the day, and I got it! Is yours out-patient? That's scary to me. Of course, you have done so well with number 1, and you know what to do, so I know #2 will go great! Please let us know as soon as you can. I'll be praying for you, especially at 7:30!
Yes, I was so nervous about the outpatient aspect, pain control, waking up from anesthesia, how my GI issues would interfere, and stuff like that before. Now all that is old hat. I'm just worried about the stuff I know will happen - recovery. Lol
Thanks for all the positive vibes & prayers. I know stronger folks have walked this path before me and I will get through it.
@Jennszoo, oh how I know how you feel! I was so scared too. I finally had gotten to where I felt "almost" normal and here we go again. It's the right choice and good that you know it. It is really tough, but we are tougher. In the end it's gonna be great! I said many times, "I don't know if I should be relieved because I know what to expect or terrified because I know what to expect". Actually I ended up being relieved. It didn't hurt any less but I knew what to expect and what was normal. We are all here for you on the other side!
For those of us facing having both knees done a few months apart, you are such an encouragement. I asked about bilateral because I was concerned that I wouldn't want to go back for the second one either. Unfortunately, I'm not a candidate for bilateral. Enjoy your evening and know that after tomorrow you will have a pair of new knees.
I just went down the stairs one foot at a time (holding on, of course) and my daughter said "mommy, you couldn't do that before surgery! It's working!" Thanks kid. Anything to keep me moving towards that surgery center tomorrow am.
that's great Jennszoo going down the stairs alternate feet. i had my surgery same day as yours ~ can go up the stairs alternate feet; trying to go down the stairs alternate feet but have to give a little hop. i accidentally went down with my "good" leg a couple times and, wowza, did it hurt! i have no doubt you're going to recover just as well, if not better, from your 2nd surgery.
@Jennszoo, best of luck tomorrow! Think of it this way; NEVER AGAIN!!! You know the drill and know where things went off-kilter last time with medications, so hopefully, this will make things just a teeny bit easier. And hey, your whole family is now *trained* for recovery.
We'll all be waiting here for you with tea, sympathy, some humor and a cranked-up cyber, ice machine. Your bases are covered!
I filled my antibiotic and gabapentin a while back and now I can't find them anywhere. Oops. I hope the dr can give us another scriot tomorrow. I'm so not as organized this time around. Can I still blame brain fog at 10w post op? Lol.
Jenn, best of luck tomorrow. You need to set a good example for me. If you can get through this a second time, then I can too. Seriously, I know you will do great and we'll all be praying for you tomorrow.
Sending you healing thoughts for tomorrow's surgery. I will be doing my other knee within the next 6 months to a year and I know what you are feeling. You will master this new knee as well as you did the first. You have the strength and knowledge to take you where you want to be.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.