TKR Zakie's TKR Recovery Thread

Girls I have been reading your recent posts about being frustrated with where you are, etc. My first knee was the week of many of yours. I was thinking about my knee and its performance. My left knee is so overshadowed by the right knee surgery June 5. My flexion and extension were okay going into this surgery but it's difficult for me to know just how good she is. She's strong, that much I know for sure. Just yesterday I felt pain in that left knee and it was a strange feeling. I have so much pain in the right I'm not noticing the pain in my left. I'm also back on the strong pain killers so that might be masking a lot of left pain. I'm not up for any extended time yet because the right knee won't let me. I know I felt like I had some good days in there right before my second surgery.

My hopes, prayers and dreams for all of us is that we all recover where we can just get on with life. Zacky, you have pressing things that you need answers to soon and that's so hard to be in limbo. Praying that in a few months (hopefully less) our knees are not the first thing we think of when we wake up! We need to have a graduation party when this is done! Here's to living life with pain free, strong healthy knees. It's coming!:cheers:
 
Hi Zakie! I agree with Diane. I have not done PT since Wk 6 but have just been concentrated on adl. My extension and bend have continued to improve.
You are doing great!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Don't sweat it, it will come if you just do your ADLs! When you quit worrying, before you realize it, you're there!
 
@zakmick No my piercing didn't hurt at all and still doesn't, I even sleep on that side:)
Hope you are having a good day:flwrysmile:
 
@Cybil62 Gosh I think my pain tolerance is low. Did a body piercer do yours? She used an instrument like pointy pliers to get mine in. Once I changed from the bar earring to a sleeper I could sleep on my ear comfortably and it didn't ache, I had to wait 3mths before I could do that though.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@zakmick I was told it really depends on the person giving the piercing. I went to a tattoo, piercing guy that was highly recommended. The only thing I felt was a little pressure, I slept on it the first night and it hasn't hurt at all. I think I am going to get the other side done soon. I can't wait until I can change it to a pretty earring:)
How is your knee feeling today?
 
The knee feel stronger, I can balance on my right leg today and I feel my whole foot surface is touching the ground which I think is helping with stability and the giving way has lessened. I drop the seat on my stationary bike today but I've had to ice afterwards... but it's all steps forward [emoji16]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Yes, they are steps forward! And icing is the right thing to do.
 
I'm moving around mostly around the house with no walking stick, but I go out I need the support.

Cut back on nearly all the meds and just take when I have reached ODIC or the pain wakes me from my sleep and I'll take meds then.

The ice I've found is my saviour.

Bend is slowly getting there but the stiffness and swelling is the pits! Has anyone used Electric soda to remove built up fluid? Use to use when I was playing basketball.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What is Electric soda? I still have the swelling and stiffness too. So frustrating :bawl::sad:
 
Interesting! I always use Epsom salts in my bath. I used to take a bath almost every night but haven't much since my surgery. Guess it's time to get back in there! Going to look into the Lectric soda!
 
Went to physio first time since home physio stopped at week 10 today, I'm now 4mths post op.
Thought it was really worthwhile.
He showed me some more strengthening exercises and massaged the whole leg...OUCHY it hurt ...found it helped with walking straight away but its sore now...so resting with ice. Going to see him weekly, lots of knots in my muscles.

GP has put me on mobic, an anti inflammatory arthritis tablet..it has definitely helped with inflammation and aches.

Have had constant tonsillitis now for 4weeks, 3 lots of antibiotics and it hasn't shifted. Was given a penicillin injection today and had a blood test for glandular fever. Go back Monday for results. Feeling quite exhausted.

Hoping to go back to work in a week or two.. brief chat with school, they seem happy for me to come back on a relief basis but dont think yard duty is safe. Going to have more of a chat tomorrow.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Sounds like maybe the massage was a bit too rough. Finding the right level can be tricky--be sure to tell him how sore you were afterwards.
 
oh gosh zamick, sorry you've had tonsillitis and going for tests not related to the surgery. hope your dr. can find something to relieve your throat. hopefully you'll get used to the massage ~ i really enjoy it although it isn't exactly pleasant but feels healing. do they use laser and "tens" machine as well? hope you'll be feeling better soon.:flwrysmile:
 
Massage hurt at first but then it was nice... I know he needs to get the knots out and get this calf, quad and hamstring doing their job in supporting my knee.
It has buckled a few times this afternoon which I'll tell him but it's still felt stronger.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Oh Zakie, it sucks that you have been sick so long as well as dealing with your knee. I hope the doctor can figure out why you are still sick. It sounds like you are being reasonable about the pt, but do be careful not to overdo. I hope you can work everything out to get back to work.
 
I sure hope you feel better soon!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm glad that massage is helping you.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom