TKR Debby's new knee

How is your trip Deb?

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

Deb it's been 6mths, how is your knee and everything else going???

zalmick, Sandi,

Hi! Sorry I have been awohl for a for a while. At 6 months my knee is doing great. I have minimal swelling and no pain unless I do something I should not,like push it so I try to be careful.
On August 17 I had an ankle fusion on my left ankle. There were a few speed bumps ( surgeon's words') along the way. At the 2 week check up my surgeon feared an infection an sent me back to the hospital for a wash out. Fortunately he did not find an infection and infectious desease confirmed. Than 2 weeks later I passed out in my surgeons office and had to go back to the hospital for testing.
Yesterday I got my staples out and on Oct. 2 I get my walking cast ( yeah!). Until now I have been on bedrest but now I can get up and move around on my scooter.
So glad I had my TKR first. I do not think I would do I if not.

Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum

Oh, Deb, so sorry you had to go through all this. I'm sure you are thankful that the tkr is so far down the recovery road. I pray that your healing from here on out goes smoothly and quickly.

Happy that your knee is doing so well! I had my right knee done 6 weeks ago, so I am back to trying to get better. OS said I am doing great. I'm still trying to believe him. :unsure:

@sandi4213,
Sandi, Thank You for your kind words. I think the worst is behind me.
Funny, how we never believe our OS.

Sorry to hear about your ankle fusion. I'm glad it's doing better now.
How did your new right knee cope with having to be the strong leg?

@Celle,
Thanks, my right knee is doing amazingly well. Our house is a bi- level so I have to push myself up 9 stairs. As long as I am careful not to bend it to much and rest when I need to, I it does not swell and I have no pain. My OS's pa thought the fusion may slow down the recovery of my knee but I do not think so.
Fortunately since I had the fusion on the left ankle I can use a knee scooter which makes live easier.

I'm glad to hear your knee is managing so well. I've read how helpful those knee scooters can be.

I may be facing ankle and foot surgery eventually (putting it off for as long as possible), but I won't be able to use a knee scooter, as I've had both knees replaced.

So happy to hear from you Debby!! But geez sounds like it's been a tough couple of months... hopefully recovery is kind to you now and getting out and about helps. X

@zalmick,
It was so good to hear from you. I just caught up on your thread and sounds like you are busy.
Things are looking up here. I saw my OS last Weds and he took me off of bed rest. Big yeah!!!!. I see him again in a week and if all is well, he will put me in a walking cast. I am counting the days.
Your therapy sounds interesting. Hope it works for you.
Debby

How are you going Debby?

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member