Bilateral THR Zumbamama is getting ready to shake it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Zumbamama thats just aweful, I am so sorry to hear that. Were you ever able to contact someone about your incision redness? I hope things get better real fast!
 
No, I didn't get in touch with anyone. It looked the same this morning and there isn't any drainage at all. I hope tomorrow is a better day... I feel really discouraged
 
Thinking of you today and hoping that your day improves. I'm sorry that it has been one of those days. You do amaze me with how well you are doing! Looking forward to joining you on the "other side" in mid-June!
Michele
 
@Zumbamama I wonder if you should check your temperature, make sure there's no fever given the incision redness. I imagine everything is fine, you're just having one of those days. I swear there is no rhyme or reason to why one day is better or worse than another. I feel like I do the same activities just about every day, and yet some days I wake up feeling like Superwoman, everything is easy, and other days I am inexplicably tired, sore, winded, and discouraged. I bet tomorrow will be a better day for you!!
 
Hi Zumbamama


You seem to be a bit up and down hopefully things will start to calm down and that redness will settle.

Billy
 
I think the meds might be making me feel bad
Quite possible. I am one who can not take the heavy duty pain killers. Can you call your family doctor and perhaps get something different? You really need good pain management to help get you mobile. Hang in there - things will look brighter when you get your meds sorted.
 
Finally got a hold of a nurse last night and we cut out the Tramadol altogether. I think I was having a really bad reaction to it or there was just too much pain meds with the Tramadol and oxycodone combined. Now I am feeling much better.... Tomorrow is a new day
 
I too had to ditch the tramadol. My first week I was just too drugged up all the time! I am now taking norco about every 6 hours and things seem better. These past two days have been very challenging and pain in my butt and down my leg has been acute. I have been icing it which definitely helps. On a positive note I have little if any swelling or bruising. Not sure how I escaped that but today I am grateful for anything. Sleep is very difficult but doable in my bed. Moving around the bed hurts so I basically sleep on my back or on my good hip,side. Also, no constipation as I have have been steadily taking colace. Hope u r having a good day. My day has good moments and terrible moments but I try to concentrate that in a few months I will be hiking again
 
@Molly12 this has been tough, for sure. I really was taking way too many meds I think. Sunday and Monday I couldn't stop shaking I was nauseous and I couldn't stop crying. I basically felt like I had a 2 day panic attack. My family almost took me to the emergency room. We were having a hard time getting hold of anyone at rothman.... No one was calling us back. It turned out something is wrong with our landline. Finally we got ahold if them on my cell. Yesterday was much better and today is better still. My swelling had gone down too and I don't look as much like a kardashian! I managed to do all my pt exercises this morning too. First time for that! Sleeping for me has been hard and I wake up with a stiff back and neck. All this inactivity is taking a toll on my body too. I'm trying to keep my eye on the prize and look forward to getting back to my classes, etc. We go to Maine for vacation July 2 and do lots of hiking there.... I will hopefully be ready for at least a few gentle hikes! I guess we need to keep our spirits up.....There's no way but forward now!
 
@Zumbamama

For whatever reason, I found week 2 to be an emotional roller coaster. I had a couple of down days and reminded myself about the post-surgery blues.

I'm hoping you have a better day now with pain meds getting sorted out and swelling starting to go down.

You're right...no way but forward now!
 
Great report @Zumbamama...you should be feeling pretty good by the time you get to Maine!
If not for this darn hip, we too would have been heading out to Maine sometime around the 2nd of July (we always celebrate the 4th of July there). Unfortunately, since our home is three stories, I wouldn't be able to navigate the stairways very easily. Oh well, it is what it is and you can enjoy it for the both of us! :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom