Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR Zumbamama is getting ready to shake it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvocados (daily) really helped me with constipation (along with prune juice.). A nurse told me what works well is warming some prune juice and put a little slab of butter in it and drink it. I never had to try it but she said it always worked for her patients!
Not to get too graphic but that second night I felt like I was having labor contractions! Thankfully, that didn't last long, I was worried it was going to go on throughout the night!
 
Hi Zumbamama

Have you enjoyed your prunes yuuuuuuuuk not one of my favourites. Hoprfully now you have your med under control things will only get better. A nice hot indian curry might help with the toilet two step. :thumb:

Billy
 
@Zumbamama re: constipation Is there any particular food that you really like but that your digestive tract does not like? For me it's onion soup - I love onion soup!!! But it always gives me the opposite of constipation ..... when I got home from after surgery I had my cousin fix me a nice big bowl of it .... in an hour or so ..... no more problem :heehee:
 
@Zumbamama Hi, sounds like you are getting better! It took me 8 days also but that was okay by the time i used the toilet my hips didn't need the riser and i was not sore. I drove the same day i did the ole #2. Cheers
 
FINALLY! A big relief!!! Only to be followed by the opposite problem. I'm quickly improving my speed on the walker! LOL!
 
You poor thing! Just remember if you are still taking meds, it can still continue to be a problem so you may have to keep drinking prune juice and some of the other strategies to stay on top of it.
 
I feel like I've reached a turning point! I'm getting around much better although I still haven't made it upstairs. I did make it into the kitchen and made myself some oatmeal! My appetite seems to be returning but I have such dry mouth all the time, it hard to eat things like crackers or bread. Fruit is the best. I guess it must be a side effect of the mess. Anyone else have this problem?
 
@Zumbamama Your body needs the fruit better than crackers and bread. The cleaner the fuel the better for you! Your body is loving the nutrients. Keep it up!!!
 
The dry mouth is a side effect of the meds for sure. I drink SO much water throughout the day to keep my mouth from feeling dry and stay lubricated.

I've also been eating fruit like crazy. I remember in the hospital thinking that melon was the best food I'd ever tasted. I've been eating cara cara oranges and strawberries (both high in vitamin c so good for healing) and throwing strawberries and lemon slices into my water.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My appetite seems to be returning but I have such dry mouth all the time, it hard to eat things like crackers or bread.
Meds! Keep drinking lots of fluids and yes, fruit and fresh veg if your tummy can take them. Glad you are seeing progress!
 
Today when I woke up, I noticed some redness along the side of my dressing..... I hope it isn't a sign of infection. I don't have a temperature but I'm very swollen still. Could it be too much ice? I'm laying off the pt exercises for today.
 
Have you been wrapping any ice pack in a towel before applying it to the skin? Or are you reacting to the adhesive on the dressing? Ice and elevate if you are still swollen. Still very early days for you.
 
I have gel pacs that I've been using and put a towel between me and the gel pack. I don't think I would react to the adhesive, I've never had that happen before, but then again I'm sure it's different than a regular bandaid!
 
I have gel pacs that I've been using and put a towel between me and the gel pack.
Perfect! I usually don't react to adhesive but I did have redness around the dressing after awhile. Got itchy and slightly red. Is there any heat around the incision?
 
I had a PA that I could call if I needed anything after the hospital. I even texted her a pic of my incision when I pulled the skin a bit for her to look at. Do you have anyone like that to call?
 
@Zumbamama

My incision has always been sort of pink, but the PT said it was a "healthy" pink not an angry red. The incision is warm and healing, but not hot. You probably do have someone you can call with questions, though. Hope all is well!
 
Definitely having a rough day today. I am shaky, I can't eat, everything tastes weird. I feel so weak and it's getting harder to put weight on my feet. My butt hurts from sitting in this chair. 2 steps forward one step back I guess....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom