Guest viewing is limited

TKR Zombies Love to Dance<

This is one of the reasons why I will not go to PT next time!

You are doing great, don’t let them tell you that you aren’t. And how does that PT know your OS got 125 out of surgery?

Even so, surgeons and PTs can want a number all they want, but your knee is on its own schedule, not theirs. And your knee is doing fine. :console2:
 
@Jockette unbelievable she must of had a bad day or have to many patients to keep track of. She left the room for a couple of minutes and said she just reviewed the operation notes she had asked me what they said about the flexation but I said I haven’t seen any notes. Anyway, I really do think I am doing just fine. I had actually looked forward to these pt sessions. The ultra sound treatment was very helpful. She also noticed I have about 4 quarter size red marks on my lateral side of the operated knee. She said are you taking pain meds and I said yes she said you may be having a reaction. Nope I told her as I do not have any rashes etc anywhere else. I said I think t had a reaction to the lotion and shaving get I used. She told me to call the class coach to let her know. I literally do not like that woman! She has an attitude and gave me so much misinformation before surgery that if it’s still around come Friday I will contact the OS nurse.
 
Last edited:
Grrrr! Don't you just hate these people who try to knock you back when you're doing your best and feeling optimistic? Good for you for sticking to your guns. You'll get there. I doubt I'm at 120 or 125 yet, but doesn't bother me. Thank goodness for Bonesmart showing us it is possible to take a slower approach and still get there without causing ourselves unwanted pain. We get enough of that as it is!
 
Isn't it aggravating how PT can have a one-track mind. My tkr was going on 3 years ago and I recently started PT for tendonitis. My order was for ultrasound. When a young therapist was setting me up, she said that ultrasound sound was really good for breaking up scar tissue. I immediately told her that I didn't have any scar tissue, that it's tendonitis! Yep, there's that one-track mind thing again!
 
I love your new game. I'm playing that one too, with names for the pain. Today, I have Gordon pain, and Estelle, my calf pain, is joining in. It's frustrating when one or another, or two or three pains in concert, rear their cranky little heads.
 
I have that problem too. Even before surgery, my bad knee could do some things better than my good knee. I'm looking at it this way: Now that I've started doing exercises that require both legs do the same things, my new bad knee might just get a bit better as I go along with th new knee. Of course, this means I have to now ice both knees. I was pain free for one year, 1973-4. I'm kind of looking forward to being in not as much pain.

So for now, both knees hurt. Just because.
 
OMG! I just had the best day since surgery.:wowspring: I know I probably just jinxed myself but the new knee was not swollen I got out of bed and had a little stiffness but quickly eased. Even the other knee behaved. I did some stretches, walked a bit,did some stairs and then elevated and iced. I even made dinner (simple meal).now elevating and icing again. Nothing but Tylenol today. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel :happydance:
 
That is so exciting!!:dancy::happydance::spin:
 
6 week anniversary and this is how I celebrated- 8:30 am Blood drawn for blood thinner levels, PT at 9:40am my therapist was a little miffed at me because my extension went down from 110 on Monday to 105 today! No kidding lady! it was swollen from Monday’s escapades ( PT and a full day of errands and a check on my Mom) lots of steps involved.:bignono: PT said oh doc is not going to be pleased he likes 115 at 6 weeks. :holysheep: Don’t be surprised if he mentions MUA. I verbally went off and said no way I am doing fine.:censored: I said I have done my research and I am progressing just fine thank you. I was so upset I left.

I had my OS appointment right after. As tough as I think I am I was stressing about this appointment that PT got into my head! I had a long wait when he finally saw me he was pleased ! Scar looks good, he read over my PT reports and said I see you got 110 on Monday but looking at the swelling you have it’s probably less today. Yep! He then said keep up with the icing and I’ll see you in a couple of months! He said he still wants me in PT but where and with whom is up to me. I almost danced out of that office. He also said I can start back to work on Monday but only half days for a couple of weeks! He also suggested if ok with my PCG see if I can take a couple of weeks of Celebrex to help with the inflammation. I also will be wearing my teds for a bit longer as they also help.

Then my follow-up MRI from my stroke September 11. 2018 45 minutes of laying completely still with a head brace on, it was pure agony on my knees even with them elevated. The new knee was somewhat ok but the other one was not happy! I’ll know in a couple of days if that clot has decreased or even gone and if there are any nasty new ones.

This was followed by a call from my PCG office that my blood thinner results shows too high! Or too thin. Now a whole new dose adjustment. One bit of good news is I can take a short term (2 weeks) of Celebrex to help with the swelling :yes!:

We are also in for a heck of a snowstorm/blizzard tonight and tomorrow. Hopefully the last of this season.

Hubby made a great steak dinner tonight and my daughter just called me and is taking me to a play (Steel Magnolias) on Sunday. I’m now elevating and icing in my comfy recliner counting my blessings which are many.
 
Wow, my knee is stressed just reading all that!

I’m so glad your doctor was happy, it does make things less stressful when they are. I’m sure you know my feeling about that PT so I won’t comment on that.

You’re having a good recovery, I hope your other issues resolve.
 
Awesome Zommom! I'm two days behind you and starting work next week as well. I think I'm more concerned about my hour + commute than the actual work. I have a really good boss and if I need lay on the floor and elevate and ice my knee she won't have a problem, she'll just be good to have me back.
 
@Jockette you are right it was a lot but all the appointments landed on the same day . I’d rather get it all done in one day as opposed to several days. Operated knee ok except for swelling but then worse pain is the other one . I know what you went through with PT and that was an incentive for me to set my expectations. What confuses me is when we first started she was ok with a slow passive approach and now she is the exact opposite. She even pointed to the leg press machines and wants me to start that! I have a friend who was my personnel trainer a couple of years ago. I called her and set up a time to visit with her about her helping me with a non aggressive approach/ she’s on board! So will see . She is also a physio therapist
 
@FCBayern i am so looking forward to work too! What’s funny is I’m the manager so if I want to elevate and ice I give myself permission! It will be for 1/2 days for a couple of weeks and I am good with that because I’m pretty wiped out by afternoon. Not sure how your 1 hour commute is but is it possible to stop and stretch midway?
 
That's a great post Smokey. Thank goodness for your OS approach, I wonder if the PT gets brownie points for all patients she gets to 115 at 6 weeks? Maybe she's on commission! Sorry to hear the MRI was as bad as you feared. Fingers crossed for a good result. I had wondered if we could still have MRI's with a metal knee, but we can obviously. Hope you're not snowed in after tonight, Enjoy your play on Sunday. Take it easy Monday, glad to hear you're doing a phased return. Keep up the good work.
 
Got out of the house today! Met my daughter and mother for lunch and a short shopping spree - I needed some makeup and dress slacks that were wide leg as opposed to the skinny leg ones because of the swelling in my knee. Starting back to work tomorrow and not comfortable wearing dresses or skirts yet. I did ok but definitely paying for it now. Swelling and aching in both knees (worse on the unoperated one). I also discovered this is a small world. As I was walking into the mall a lady came up behind me and said “looks like you had a knee replacement surgery” I was dumbfounded at first but quickly realized I was using my cane and my gait probably gave it away. She told me she just had one too. She was walking really well with no aids. I asked when she had hers done and she was at 9 weeks. I told her I was at 6 weeks. She said her main complaint is the swelling when doing any walking. I used the cane today because I was unsure of how much activity these ole knees can handle. I watched her walk away and said to myself I hope I walk that well at 9 weeks. I also was looking for some good comfortable flat (or with a small heel) black dress shoes. Couldn’t find any but realized one foot seems larger than the other so I’ll wait until things settle down. Happy St Patty’s Day all!:cheers:
 
Awesome! Glad you were able to get out. It was a beautiful 75 degree spring day here so the wife, dog and I took a walk at a nearby wildlife refuge. it was nice but me knee is a bit cranky this evening as well. I go back to work tomorrow as well so now I'm thinking my journey today may not have been the best preparation for tomorrow. Que sara sara, too late to change anything now. Happy St Patty's day, I'm going to apply a little Irish whiskey to help the discomfort.:loll::cheers:
 
That's great that you had some time out. It feels good to start getting back to normal activities doesn't it? I think pain and swelling after such activities are going to be a feature for a while though. :groan:I've been amazed how much my knee has improved over the past 2 weeks since I hit the 6 week marker, so hope yours does too. Just take it easy going back to work. Don't overdo it either of you. :bignono:
 
First day back to work. All went well and I was glad to have the 1\2 days for a couple of weeks as I admittedly was tired after 4 hours. I also noticed my glasses that I use for computer work did not seem right? Ended up using my bifocals wierd right? Came home iced,elevated and napped. Knee held up well so good in fact that I left my cane behind (forgot it). Hoping for more good days to come!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom