TKR Zombies Love to Dance<

@Lindylee - Glad to hear you are scheduled, it won’t be long for you now, my thoughts are with you. I I’ll check in periodically.
 
Hello, I took a bit of a knee recess and I am getting on with life. Hard to believe what a difference a year makes. Last year at this time I was using a walker dealing with 2 painful bone on bone knees. January 29th the left was done at I am pleased at that outcome. I bend well, have great extension and no stiffness, swelling or pain.

Knee # 2 is progressing at 5 months I wish I was at where #1 was at the same time but I've been told " patience grasshopper". The swelling has improved, the bend and extension are good - not quite as good as #1 but not complaining and it is improving. My biggest issue is the pain that I have on the medial part of the knee. My last OS appointment he said that he had do some cutting and it will take longer to heal up. Not sure what was cut ligaments or muscle ? To be honest I can only recall 2 full days where I did not have this sharp searing pain. Its better when I walk around but as soon as I sit and bend my knee if flares back up. I sometimes need to take some ES Tylenol to take the edge off if it gets really bad but normally it is just a nagging sharp or searing pain. Has anyone else had this? Should I still be having this at the 5 month mark? I show no signs of infection or any pain other than that particular area?
 
Hi knee buddy!

Your second knee sounds rather like my first. I get pain still on the lateral edge, as well as swelling and stiffness at times, which I'm told is the IT band where it goes across the femoral condyle (or something like that). When I saw the surgeon in October he said it should settle after 18 months, so maybe yours will be the same?

I wouldn't say mine is a searing pain, although I can't remember what it was like 6 months ago, but it's there most of the time. Patience might be a virtue, but it's not always easy!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom