THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josephine, I understand what you're saying, everyone needs to follow doctor's orders. That's what I find confusing, why so many on here do have really strict restrictions to the point some have said those restrictions are forever. I am wondering if the doctors are just being overly cautious then? And if that's the case, there's plenty of people on here that get very scared when they think they have broke that 90 degree rule.

Every time I read about restrictions, and I know those restrictions are very common, I'm so glad I don't have that to worry about too. I had the superpath after doing loads of research before my surgery I chose this because of no restrictions, less invasive, small incision and quicker rate to get back to a normal life and there is a surgeon in our state that does this procedure:yes!: . I am glad I went this route my recovery has been terrific. I give my surgeon credit and also this site for preparing me for the surgeries.
 
Seems to be a US thing as there are only a limited number of surgeons using that protocol in the UK. I definitely think it's a 'get out of jail free' card so surgeons can avoid litigation which is not so prevalent over here. Fact is there are hundreds of thousands of hip replacements done globally every year and I know for a fact that only a very small percentage are required to follow these restrictions. And of those that do, many just forget about them once they get home! :shrug:

Sandy, there is no need to quote a post every time you post. Just say or tag the person's name as you did me. There is particularly no need when the post you quote is only the one before yours!
 
Just checking to make sure you are still wearing your comfy clothes
Oh yes maam! :) i am in a t-shirt and either a thrift shop long sundress or as today, soft velour warm-ups. How have you been? I've seen you here and there, but never caught up with you fast enough LOL! :)

It's flag worship. Here's the whole picture with another taken a few seconds before
Ok given the little fish in your sig, and the cross I see the flags make, this is not people worshiping flags, but rather using flags in worship? It looks like a Good Friday service? I've never heard of that style but it sure looks good to me :)
 
GRAND RE-OPENING!
We are pleased to announce that The ZingleFooblisher Prune Recyclement Facility is back in business. One half off any 12 cases of PRUNES, 30% further discount for overseas orders, and free shipping until May 31, 2013. Order online, or, our telephone operators are awaiting your call. First 10 callers receive a special gift!
Bonus Extra: If your order is placed today, we will include absolutely free of charge this lovely prune dish, with a year's supply of prunes included. Hurry to your computer or telephone and snag yours while they're available!
Don't wait, don't be left out in the cold without the latest fashionable PRUNE ACCESSORIES!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :bicycle1:
 
@zauberflöteHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
You'veoutdoneyourselfwiththisone!Exceptmaybeforthetablettypingpostopwiththemedicationovertones!
YOU ARE TOO FUNNY AND I LOVE IT!:rotfl:
 
Apparently I have been set up as the class clown. :heehee: You see, when I behave like this IRL, it is disruptive, but when I do it online where people can look at it on their own time, people laugh! This place is such a wonderfully cathartic release!!! :) Thank you everybody for putting up with me :) :)
 
Liveringer aw gee whiz...:blush:

I am going to take a nap all rolled up in warm clothes and blankets! The temp shot down this morning to about 30 degrees lower than average for this time of year....need to wear my slippers!!:heehee:
 
I guess, as you say Josephine all surgeons are influenced by their experiences. I understand that as the " muscle capsule" around the hip strengthens the chance of dislocation lessens ...No doubt some patients have more trauma/ stretching of muscles due to leg lengthening or other more complex issues...at least that's my take on it. It is confusing though and makes you very tentative about moving incorrectly which can be restrictive in itself. I know when I had most restrictions lifted at the 6 week check, I was more confident and moved better and that has to be a plus for recovery! I still have the 90% rule and the mid line.
My OS is quite a guru here. Is a "tertiary specialist" I think they call it and hips that have gone wrong are referred to him. Am crossing my fingers that the 90degree rule will be lifted soon. I must break it at least a dozen times a day unconsciously! :scratch:
 
Maeve, that's what I found with my first hip - I just unconsciously relaxed the 90 degree rule on my own over time and all was OK. This spring for my 3 year anniversary checkup (which was also my preop for the other hip) OS told me that the bone had grown up around the implant so that the implant was essentially part of me now!

And I definitely have the feeling that the new one is still NOT "locked in place" yet - more about that in my own thread.
zauberflöte, I'm glad things are Moving Along! An important step in the recovery process!
 
My fellow hipsters one thing I would like to see amongst us is that in our signature have a link to your thread like I and some others have. Even though I watch most of you, your thread gets lost amongst other threads. I know we can do searches but that takes time. All you need to do is go to your own thread is go to the very top where you type the web address copy what is showing. Then in your signature type something like Here is my thread. Now highlight Here is my thread and above this box here you see a chain, click on the first one, then right click your mouse and paste the web address that you just copied. Example for this page zauberflöte magic new hip
It will become underlined and hopefully a followable link. Now I hope I didn't confuse anyone. LOL but just a thought.
 
Barbara do see in my signature My story.....Houston Liveringer has landed..... If you click on that in my signature it will automatically take you to my thread. If you want further help let me know.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom