THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning Everyone :) Liveringer I made a link to this thread like you said-- I didn't get around to it till you reminded me how very useful they are! Thanks for the reminder, and I'll try to get my intro thread up soon too :)

Fantastic... all systems 'a-go'......
:) is this how they say Down Under? We would say, "A-OK", or "all systems go" . But yes, all systems are go and have gone and no doubt will be go again:rotfl:
Peaches until this very moment I was just awful nasty mean. But as time goes by, and a hilarious sales call I just played with went on, I'm having the happy side of the mood swing:) Thanks for asking! And how are you, my dear?
Technicals-- Slept well last night, in my own bed. It's a water bed and the swimming upstream was quite pronounced, but we made it. BP way down again this am. Crabby as all get-out, and was the first one to get up so was faced with the kitchen where I couldn't find what I needed b/c somebody had put things away wrong. At one point this am I had my pills prepared and left them on counter, walker-ed over to frig, and cat knocks pills onto floor. Well there is no grabber in the world that's going to pick up pills from the floor. So I'm calling help....help.... and my wonderful son came to my rescue-- hauled himself out of bed b/c he thought I'd fallen! Major crabbies went on for hours, but lightened just 15 minutes ago, just in time for me to majorly mess with the mind of a Canadian who was apparently trying to bamboozle me into thinking that there'd been a security breach in my computer. I had a very good time with him, and laughed and laughed. Poor kid, I hope the rest of his day is a little better.....
Elosarabrab yup-- you did it!!! :)
 
My sweet zauberflöte... good to see all your systems are 'a go'!!! and excited for you to be sleeping in the waterbed :zzz: I'm very dopey on the oxy-stuff... and my kitties have been playing hockey with anything that will get them attention today!! ...you are naughty messing w/that solicitor :rolleyes:.
 
zauberflöte. I received a very similar cll on Thursday. Wish I had thought of driving him nuts! Glad he gave you an opportunity to cheer up.
 
Hi Chris,

It did get chilly, didn't it!! Glad you've got your comfy clothes and your slippers on and that the cat didn't eat your pills when they spilled!! I have two dogs.... there would have been a whole lot of yelling on my part, really loud to keep them off something I'd dropped!

How's your incision? Are you glued, stitched or stapled? Having any in-home therapy or nurse visits?

Have a nice weekend and I hope someone else is up first tomorrow to get your coffee and fresh fruit -- hint, hint...
Take care,
Cardie
 
Liveringer Duh, I don't understand how to make a link to my thread. First, where is the web address at the top of my page you're talking about? And the 'chain'? What's that? Sorry to be a dullard, but I'm clueless to just what you mean. Can you try to explain it again, please? Anyone??? Everyone????!
It is an excellent idea, by the way. How did you figure out how to do it? (another 'duh') Please help me, I want a link, too! :tantrum:

zauberflöte So your Canadian who phoned was trying to get some kind of info out of you to hijack your identity, break into your accounts, steal all of your money, take a second mortgage on your house, sell your cars and take everything you own away from you????!! I'm glad you gave that little scheming so-and-so a run for his money! And here you are only 5 days post-op, suffering in pain, medicated to the hilt, hobbling about, all bandaged and bruised, and still unable to be bamboozled... I'm impressed! I guess that's what a good 'movement' can do for you - clears ya out from head to toe, er, bottom..LOL
 
zauberflöte
This should be the link to your page (url) for you to copy:

[https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/zauberflötes-magic-new-hip.19621/page-6#post-465310]

When you are typing a post, on the lower right outside the box you are typing into, you will see a headline on the far right that says OPTIONS or OTHER OPTIONS.

Click on it.

When that opens there will be icons above the box you type in.
The third in on the right is supposed to represent a chain.

When you click on it you will get the letters URL inside brackets.

Replace the URL with the one I copied above, or go to the very top of the screen to copy a different address. The address starts with broken link removed: https://www.whateverthe addresses.org or com. You paste it in the brackets as described above.

I'm sorry I'm not explaining it well. It sounds much more complicated than it is.
 
zauberflöte. I'm sorry. Just realized you don't have to go to More Options. There is a CHAIN icon in a box on the right. It looks like a sideways infinity sign or a link from a chain.
 
Ruh roh I'm on the tablet again !! Elosarabrab my Canadian did hav4 quite aa thick accent. ?.
C Mac no stitches just glue and probably interior stitches. Actually the fresh fruit getter should sleep in,, he is verrrry exhausted fro4 keeping the son out of trouble sometimes literally. And don't forget he has a business to run! Usually he works all Saturday but yesterdays he didn't start till nearly midnight. ?.you get the picture...

So. My turn to be a worrywart. Yesterday op leg all cramped up calf knee thigh and back. Felt like I was catching flu. Blergh! Relaxe relaxed some overnight. Back with a vengeance today BUT. The calf cramp is higher in the calf. Hmmm. Do ee have a clot going here? Will call either home nursing or OS. Also on changing dressing last night was a red flush at top. Sry forgot to mention leg swollen bit PT said was not bad. Ice elevate etc etc and the more ice, the more cramps. Waaaaaaauhhhhh!
So I wil ne calling somebody today I think.
 
Hi, zauberflöte. If I were you, I'd sure as heck call the OS's office. That's why they are paid the big bucks. So sorry you're going through this. When you said you "changed the dressing," did you mean you took off the big bandage and then put something else on it? I too had the Krazy Glued method rather than staples and sutures. My OS said I could take off the big bandage the day after I got home. The visiting nurse did that, but then the VN decided to put something like a saran wrap-y type of thing on top of that. Turns out my OS didn't want anything else put on top; just wanted the wound to remain open and free in the breeze. Well, dumb me should have not let the nurse do that. So a few days later I took off the 'saran wrap' and the skin around my wound was red. Not horribly, but enough that I noticed it. My OS's nurse told me to take a picture and email it. I did and she and the OS thought it looked like I had a skin inflammation (from the adhesive in the bandage) and considered putting me on antibiotics "just in case." But the redness improved, so they did not. The OS's nurse assured me several times it wasn't a big deal if it was just a skin inflammation. Not saying this is the case with you, but you never know. We can't be expected to take all of these recovery quirks in stride since we aren't doctors. Hope you get an answer soon. FYI: My surgeon's nurse tended to email me back even when it was the weekend. Not that she was working weekends, but she tended to monitor her emails. I think that might be standard, so email away.

I'm sorry too about the mean reds, if I am quoting Breakfast at Tiffany's correctly. Hard to imagine you being testy, but I have been there many times with this hip thing. Being the squeaky wheel may get us grease, but it isn't pleasant and doesn't make us feel too good about being squeaky. I was irritable just this a.m. with the health ins. company in ref to the staggering bill from the anesthesiologist that they say I have to pay and which I kick and scream before I do so. You have so much going on--not just internally with all of your organs complaining about the surgery--but adapting to this new life. And you have a house of people and critters and their concerns, too. Be kind and patient with yourself. Please keep us posted.

I took got and still sometimes get so crabby at dropping every dang thing and having to spend so much time picking it up. It's exhausting and annoying.

Don't worry about that puffed up leg, either. That seems to be an extra goodie we are given with this surgery. Mine looked like a pig's foot.

Take care.
 
@zauberflote Yes, please call the OS and let us know what he says. Take care of that calf, honey. Is it red or swollen or warm to touch there? Does it hurt in 1 spot? (Don't feel it too much and don't massage it until you know it's ok) Are you on blood thinners? Keep us posted, you're our Team THR cheerleader! :) I hope it feels better soon!
 
Kim22 ByGosh Peaches sqwerlie LeeApril26 Aww thanks for concern! I waited till everybody was up and eaten and shaven etc. Called the home nursing (Peaches, my OS is 45 minutes away and I was pretty sure they'd tell me to go to ER...) who told me...
All together now....
Go to the ER and have it checked out!
So I did, and they did, and it was negative, and while the pain is 8x worse from the hard table, I feel such a relief. Determined to take 2 percocet (had cut back to one+tylenol/6 hrs) and hang the low BP!
The toilet there was LOWER than mine at home! had a diagonal and useless bar on the right wall, and open as the prairie to the left. At home I use the seat itself, and my sink (on the good side) to get up with but this OSHA-approved toilet of course is the NASTY divided seat kind, so you can see what the last person left for you, and get your clothing in it, too! (oh dear I took my 2 percocet and am about to rant ):rotfl:
I also found out that during my recent hospital stay I had acquired COPD and CKD:yikes: :yikes: :hairpulling: This is what happens when you let somebody loose on a computer which does not let you put in what you want, rather makes you select from among choices and click the box. What if they had hospitalized me, and I'd not been able to tell them they were full of it??? this is so very scary, knowing that if even a nurse with whom you are discussing just such a situation as having wrong diseases attributed to you, if even she can then do exactly that, where ARE we???
Peaches, am I testy enough yet? Believe me, testy is actually my IRL persona! I can let out the funny stuff here, but I tend to be quite earnest and demanding IRL.....
I'm working on another rant, but those blessed percocet took it right out of my mind LOL.
And I washed my TED-hosen, and my leg pain thanked me for it, but on they go again, sigh...
Thanks again everybody for circling the wagons for me :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom