THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte Saw this and thought of you! :rotfl:
[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
 
sqwerlie love the cat!! :heehee: zauberflöte cats really don't know their place do they and frankly don't care!!:umm: My big boy has a lot of trouble keeping his claws in and I have loads of marks on my upper legs where he's dug them into me because I've asked him to leave!! :cry:Hoping he's gonna behave himself from now on!! :kittykiss:
 
zauberflöte, Littlejem, My cat has the uncanny knack of jumping onto my lap exactly on the tender spot. He doesn't keep his claws in either. I have many claw marks on my legs when he has been sitting on my lap and launched himself off taking my skin with him OUCH! Luckily for him I love him. ( a little less at times) He is a heavy lump too.:kittykiss:
 
Hey zauberflöte... how are you doin...day 3!? I see you're cleared for shower take off :yes!:... lucky duck... doc just came in and said 2 weeeeks can take shower! :scratch: aaarrgggg
 
Hi zauberflöte, I hope you are getting enough pain relief and that all is going well. Our cats are 17 years old, so maybe that's one reason they were gentle in their welcome when I came home. Still, the male always seems to hop on the op leg.
He is staying close to me. As I sit at my desk, he is in his new favorite spot, which is behind my monitor. Sometimes I don't know he's there and I'll be pecking away at an email and suddenly hear a little "cat groan"..... or see a paw stretch out toward me.....I've JUMPED a number of times! lol
Because of my chronic intestinal issues, I've taken 2 big helpings of Metamucil a day for almost 30 years...... so I got "straightened out" pretty quickly. I think once I got moving around a little more, that helped, too.
Happy zzzzzzzzs!
 
hey all! No issues with prunes, juice, beans, brown rice, vegetables, fruit, nor stool softener. There was enough noise for a room full of 8-yr-old boys early this am, but the window of opportunity probably passed while PT and nurse were here. My "tolerance" for a fiber-intensive diet may have set me up for this, I dunno. Maybe later, and also maybe check into those recipes.
PT and nurse first called to make appts. I went into considerable detail about how many perfumed or scentedd products they needed to NOT be wearing/using. PT said she was clean, but in fact she was "carrying" and I had to lock the two of us in a single room, with fan blowing out the open windows. Sheesh. Nurse was warned by PT, and her only scent was laundry detergen or dryer sheet. They both have had an earful, and understand the gravity. I was very tired (had just drifted off, even), and maybe a bit "post-op stress", and who knows maybe tramadol withdrawal too. Me=not a happy camper then.
Then a son called, and things went downhill from there. Suffice it to say that the quiet little family dynamic is going to revert to high-stress normality tomorrow.
Now for mmy "trouble of the day". Low blood pressure! ByGosh was it you who had that? I finally called cardiologist, who took BP med out of cocktail, halved heart med, ans suggested that it was probably the narcotic percoset causing the problem. She didn't want me to stop taking it, but I'm actually wondering if just plain tylenol won
t be as good! I'd had nothing but stiffness and soreness. Until the whole PT perfume thing blew up. The the old familiar S-I joint and knee pain trotted into the room. Still, that's what ice is for! Anyway, cardiologist told me that 90/57 was not to be worried about-- I felt better immediately! And then a local friend with 5 hips and 2+ knees told me to drag out the little hand weights and do a little weight lifting. She was advised o do that, and it worked for her.
Good stuff! I slept quite well last night!!!!!! Went to sleep on my non-op side; the only problem with that was the 5-lb (literally) ice bag draped over the upper hip. Keep in mind I have no restrictions... And I wish to announce that the memory foam mattress topper ( here post#156) is an undiluted delight!!! Almost as good as my waterbed!! Slept once for 3 hrs, and again an hour. Since this is pretty close to what I'm accustomed to, I counted it a blessing :)
 
Glad to hear you're on the other side! I've been away from the forum for a week or so, but was glad to see that you'd been through the worst of it and are on the way to recovery! What procedure did you have done? Was it the SuperPATH? I see you have no restrictions. Woo Hoo, way to go, and I'll keep you in my prayers for a resolution to the family drammmmmma.
 
Oh kids..... why can't they stay quiet long enough for us to endure our own occasional dramas in peace? Hope all is resolved soon Chris. Meanwhile, keep calm and carry on. The prunes will soon do their thing, hopefully in time for you to hot foot it to the loo. Your therapists will no doubt be dipping themselves in bleach before calling and your cats will stop scratching you, so your BP will go down. Here's hoping. Vicki
 
zauberflöte...welcome to the other side...glad your recovery is going well. my pressure dropped as well when I was on the pain killers. Once I was off it shot back up to my "normal." I hope you continue to feel better each day.

MJ
 
Hello zauberflöte :) So good to read your post!
Yes, I had horrendously low BP post-op, with low hemoglobin and hematocrit, too. My BP measured as low as yours for a good 2 to 3 weeks. I also had to stop the diuretic I take. Are you dizzy when up? Please be very careful with that, as I was very faint whenever I got up, and sometimes it happened after a while - especially in the warm shower. It must've dilated the blood vessels even more. Once I had to get out of the shower lickety-split, soaking wet and hobble quickly to the bed. I yelled for hubby "quick, put a towel down!" and he asked "what color?" :rotfl: It's funny now, but wasn't then!
So drink lots of fluids, and treat yourself to some salty foods, that'll help. (mmmm potato chips!) The arm weights are a good idea. My BP got better once I was up and moving around more. Oh, yes, and once the family stress dynamic gets going strong, it'll probably bring the BP up nicely..:)
I hear you about the smells people bring in. I don't like it either. You think they'd know, I mean they're health care workers, not bartenders, for goodness sakes!
Keep up the good recovery and the good night's sleep. :sleep: Glad to know you're doing well and giving those whatchamacallitworkersarunfortheirmoney! :heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom