Guest viewing is limited

THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
zauberflöte, good news! Now get back to the resting and icing while you're posting like the super multi-tasker that you are!!!
 
zauberflöte Relieved your calf is fine, even though going to have it checked raised your pain level up a few notches. :sad: Glad you're not having some type of health crisis, even if you DO have 2 new diseases that you didn't have before. Jeez, are they just incompetant or were they trying to be creative? Nevermind, glad you're sharp as a tack and caught it.
Try to get some nice sleep tonight. I hope your pain is well-controlled. TTYL
 
Harrumph. As a Canadian I suppose I should stick up for that nice young telemarketing man, eh? However, I do not suffer telephone sales-fools gladly. For a few months my answer was: "I'm sorry, I've just had really big life-threatening surgery." That always gets rid of them. But since I am way past all that, my current response is: "I'm sorry, I can't talk now, I'm eating. May I call you back when you are about to sit down for your dinner?"

I am so sorry you are having some bumps Chris. Good for you for getting things checked out. I am frustrated on your behalf that you have 'acquired' those fictional health problems. Too bad they did not mark you down as having something exotic like Empirism or Lanchonophobia.

Oh yes, ByGosh is right about the pain thing.
PS. My cats say hi to yours. (Sorry it's sideways.)

[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
 
Chris - just catching up with your thread. My goodness you are having a time of it! Hope you can get some rest - and please do keep the meds regular. This too shall pass..... :console2:
 
zauberflöte, glad it wasn't anything serious.
I had a similar thing with the hospital notes. When the nurse took my history I told her I had surgery on my foot as a child cos it turned in when I walked. Stupid woman put it down as club foot. Next time the doctor was going through the notes he said oh you had a club foot? NO stupid nurse decided that was the label it needed :hissy:It was a few years ago and its been following me ever since.
 
@zauberflöte, Glad you hadyour leg checked. Love those percosets. Try to take it easy today with extra naps. Keep up the rants...they area a good stress reliever.
COPD, CKD..."the rabbit died"...Cripes! I have a nurse from my insurance who calls me every couple of weeks and starts out every conversation with how is the pain in your "knee" coming along. I have to tell her it was my hip each time she calls. Glad to know my insurance $'s are being spent so wisely!
Take Care!
 
Hi zauberflöte I am so glad that you went to the ER and everything is ok and that you have made the decision to go back on higher dose of your painkillers which you still need at the moment.The loo ( toilet ) experience sounds a little scarey and I bet you are glad to be home again with your own bathroom facilities.
 
zauberflöte and Vida Yeah, glad she doesn't have trixadexaphobia..LOL
LeeApril26 I would call the insurance. No sense having that in your record. It may be considered a 'pre-existing condition' at some point, which it isn't. (Or is that gone now with Obamacare?)
zauberflöte Now clifford149 has his EYE on you, no more both eyes. He's getting serious, sort of like a telescope, me thinks. :) Good thing you're behavin'...
 
ByGosh. NYS hasn't had a pre-existing condition exclusion, which is why self-insuring has cost me a fortune over the last nine years. I start Medicare on June 1, and I am relieved. But, you're right. I should check. I'd hate to be unknowingly treated for something I don't have. I just assumed it was routine, until I read about Z's new diseases.
 
LeeApril26 Not sure if I misread your statement or not. I received my health insurance for a pre-existing condition this past January knowing that I was going to need hip replacement. As far as the cost, it is the same for a regular monthly premium through NYS. Or any other outside insurance that I had looked at. To be honest, I am scared to death when Obamacare kicks in.
 
Liveringer I have been purchasing private health insurance for nine years as I am self-employed. In NYS private insurers could not deny me coverage because of pre-existing conditions. This made self-insuring expensive in NYS because many people who had major illnesses self-insurered. The early provisions of Obamacare, as I understand it, have made it illegal to deny anyone coverage because of pre-existing conditions. That went into effect already. I remember that when Medicare went into effect everyone was worried and it turned out well, so I hope it will be again. I know that in NYC we pay a fortune for medical care for the uninsured when they are treated for routine care in emergency rooms. It raises everyone else's costs. So we'll see if the changes are better or worse.
 
zauberflöte, sounds like you are having quite an ordeal! I hope the next week is easier for you. Emergency room?! Blood clot?! Someone entering incorrect info into your medical chart?! If would be funny if you weren't going through it. I thought you were doing Lovenox injections? Anyway, I'm glad you're ok, and hope you have a good week. XO
 
Thanks @everybodywhostoppedby!

clifford149 I laughed so hard my husband had to find out what it was about. Too bad he doesn't see the humo(u)r in tinned plums....
BarbaraR nope, no lovenox-- they told me I'd have xarelto, but I came home with regular aspirin 2x daily. Go figure.
Today was certainly better painwise, thanks to all I've learned here. it was only a trial anyway to see if it would help the low BP. BP seems to be staying up enough that I'm not death warmed over for that reason. Drugs, yes. BLERGH! Right now I've taken daytime doses back to 1 1/2 percocet+1/2 tylenol. So far so good. That leaves me with an extral tylenol to go with bedtime's 2 percocet.
Yesterday I tried no walker AND no cane, and was pleased. PT told me today I looked fine. I still need the protection tho-- even my husband tried to run me down LOL. So my new milestone is....
>
>
>
new tennis balls!!!!!!!! Wore the first pair right down to rubber, so they're my outside ones now, and baby got her a whole new pair of,,,, oh wait, we won't go there.....:heehee:
We have had 2 days of gorgeous weather. Yesterday warm and drydrydry, today warmer and getting sticky but still lovely. Cookouts all round, kids jumping in grandparents' pools, firecrackers all round, it's back to work tomorrow! Windows open tonight, maybe last time for months. We have certainly saved on electricity this month!
One week ago right now I was showering with that antibiotic soap stuff, hoping to get a little nap before going off on my grand adventure. Much of which I can now only hazily remember! Sleeplessness will do that to you? :)
PS I am not afraid of any vegetable (if that's the right one) that i know of, and the number 13 is one of my favorites! We need a new-minted "fear of hospitals and insurance companies giving you diseases you don't have". :hissy:
 
snigger. What is the deal with the tennis balls? huh?

You are walking without aids already? I am on crutches and can't imagine hobbling along without them.

I am so hungry at the moment!!! What is that about????
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom