Guest viewing is limited

THR zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte, Chris, I also had really low BP from blood loss, and the percocet made me so constipated that i had a headache and was throwing up--so do stay on top of that. (I needed a dose or two of Miralax.) By week 2, I switched back to tramodol, but found that constipating, too, so then it was just Tylenol and Celebrex (which I had to take for a month to prevent heterotopic ossification--there's an article about that on here somewhere). Then I got off the tramodol too quickly and spent 3 days with flu-like symptoms and little sleep--withdrawal!--so don't do what i did.

Sorry about all the complications--I hope Mr. Z can handle the son crisis, and that you can get home soon so you don't have to suffer through your perfume sensitivities. (You'd think health care workers would know better than to use scented anything, but no.)

Every day will get better, I promise, and in a few weeks you'll start feeling like your old self again. Take care. XO
 
Hi Chris, low BP is a very common side effect of this op. Don't worry - things will balance pretty quickly. Just don't get up out of bed too fast and move slowly at first. We don't want any falls! :yikes:
 
My goodness what a lot of goings on there's been in your life!! I assume you have a bad reaction to perfumed products and the medical staff should respect that !! I normally have to take BP tablets for high BP but after my op mine was very low, in fact they wouldn't let me up the first day because of it. I didn't take my BP tablets for 3 weeks and only after I saw the nurse who checked my levels. Ha, ha, but as ByGosh says a bit of family stress is bound to bring the levels up!! :heehee: Hope you get to 'go' soon, and if you feel the urge, sod the PT, the President or anyone else that might be there, you get to the loo and do your best!! :rotfl: Take care Chris, we're watching you :angel:
 
Morning all :) :) Thank you to everybody who stops by :) :)

What procedure did you have done? Was it the SuperPATH? I see you have no restrictions.
Jojool no, it was direct anterior, which does dislocate you first. I told him I didn't want to bungee jump, after he'd said no restrictions, and the expression on his face was priceless-- obviously he hadn't thought of that one.....:loll:

Oh kids..... why can't they stay quiet long enough for us to endure our own occasional dramas in peace? Hope all is resolved soon Chris. Meanwhile, keep calm and carry on.
Vida Indeed. This child has a hx of not wanting mom to come between hiself and dad-- I wouldn't be surprised if his poor little subconscious cooked this scheme up to re-insert himself in the place he feels should be his...:wink:

I yelled for hubby "quick, put a towel down!" and he asked "what color?" :rotfl: It's funny now, but wasn't then!
oh ByGosh that is exACTly what mine would say-- I bet it's to do with how we separate our towels by function-- you know, gray for the guys, mom is ivory, stripes are for swimming or drying the floor after mopping, you know, all those little OCD things I come up with. Thanks for the comfort on the BP issue, and tthanks also BarbaraR :)

Sorry about all the complications--I hope Mr. Z can handle the son crisis, and that you can get home soon so you don't have to suffer through your perfume sensitivities.
haha that's the problem-- I am at home! They bring the stinkies in and the whole house is then unfixable. It's the asthma and allergies and chemical sensitivities, sigh. Can't wait to do outpatient PT-- come home and wash my clothes and it's all over :)

Hey everybody-- I think somebody really important to all of us has just recently had a birthday.....

:flwrysmile: HAPPY BIRTHDAY Josephine !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay: :SUNsmile: :egypdance: :cheers: :flwrysmile: WE LOVE YOU :) :) :)


#heterotopicossification
 
Absolutely :)

I acquired Chronic Kidney Disease because of the NSAIDs... but I have a wonderful RTHR :)
 
Was it the SuperPATH? I see you have no restrictions
Jojool that's not the prerogative of the superpath procedure or the anterior, it's just down to the surgeon's preference. Most of the surgeons I've ever worked with never impose any restrictions at all, whatever approach they use. A very few will always require it, also regardless of the approach.
 
zauberflöte Chris is does not matter if you are allergic. YOU put in the request, I would have done the same thing. I am not allergic but I get an instant headache if they bathe in it. Makes you wonder what the hell they want to cover up (sorry) but that felt pretty good. Please ladies and gentlemen be considerate.

Soooooo Chris how are things going for my favorite cheerleader?
 
Why Chris, that's awfully sweet of you but it's not for another 118 days yet! :heehee:
well Josephine , you've been 70 untill this week when your posted age went to 71-- that's all I had to go on LOL Unless the drugs have fried my brains??? :rotfl: PS like your new avatar, but what exactly are they doing?

Soooooo Chris how are things going for my favorite cheerleader?
Wellllll I'm about to make a quick trip to thee prune recycling facilities... :heehee:
 
Hi Chris,

Just checking to make sure you are still wearing your comfy clothes and not availing yourself to the family histrionics and such, you are recovering from surgery -- take advantage of that for a while longer!!

Nice to know the foam topper on your bed is working out well.

Take care,
Cardie
 
well Josephine , you've been 70 untill this week when your posted age went to 71
really? I never noticed that. :shrug:
PS like your new avatar, but what exactly are they doing?
It's flag worship. Here's the whole picture with another taken a few seconds before

[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
[Bonesmart.org] zauberflöte's Magic New Hip!
 
Josephine many people on here have the 90 degree restrictions, have to use the toilet riser, can't bend over and have to watch how they sit in chairs all to avoid dislocating the new hip. If I'm understanding you correctly, most on this site shouldn't have restrictions? If so, why do they? Just because the surgeon says so, not that they really need it?
 
Good morning, zauberflöte! I'm so glad to see they released you, though am sorry for all the noise, cat scratch fever, and stinky PTs. So glad to see you got a few zzzzzz'sss amidst all of that. As for the Prune Chronicles ... everyone has what worked for them. My OS's nurse gave me a laundry list of stuff to take, in a particular order (try this; if that doesn't work, try this; if that doesn't work, try this; if all else fails, give yourself a Fleet enema). First thing was Milk of Magnesia, of all things. That did the trick. I hope you've got the pain under control. I think I had missed somewhere you had the good ol' anterior approach, which means none or few of the annoying restrictions?
 
sandybeach Well, more because the surgeon believes they need it. Please understand that I am no way advocating that members don't comply with whatever their surgeons require of them in this respect, but it should also be understood by those who are not given restrictions that it's not a deal breaker.

For instance: I have two sisters who've had hip replacements. One had an uncemented posterior approach hip - no restriction and full weight bearing from day one. The other I looked after and having read BoneSmart for some weeks prior to surgery, assumed she had restrictions which we both complied with to the letter. She had a lateral approach and cemented implant.

At the two months follow-up she asked the surgeon if she could come off the restrictions and he just asked with a mortified expression "I told you to do that?" She thought for a moment and then had to admit - he hadn't. He went on to tell her that he had never, ever imposed restrictions and his dislocation rate was almost zero! I should add that this surgeon trained under John Watson-Farrar who was Mckee's registrar at the time I worked with him. Neither of them ever applied restrictions either and their dislocation rates were amongst the lowest ever recorded.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom