Guest viewing is limited

THR Welshgirls recovery 'Ok Fab Four here we go!!!

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a wobble recently, but very glad to hear you have overcome it and that your are progressing well again. I suspect the potential for unscripted ups/downs are an implicit part of the recovery process following a significant surgical procedure. You shouldn’t think twice about seeking support with or input about such if/when necessary (or if you just need to vent!).
 
Thank you all for you kind words and support I totally appreciate it :0)

Thank you @Strod great to hear from you. I'm feeling much better again and starting to see big improvements daily now. How is your journey going? Still non weight baring? Your doc appointment must be coming up soon? Layla you are a sweetheart and always know what to say to lift the spirits :loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
Thank you all for you kind words and support I totally appreciate it :0)

Thank you @Strod great to hear from you. I'm feeling much better again and starting to see big improvements daily now. How is your journey going? Still non weight baring? Your doc appointment must be coming up soon? Layla you are a sweetheart and always know what to say to lift the spirits :loveshwr::flwrysmile:
Hi @Welshgirl, good to hear you are feeling positive now.

As I’m inherently lazy, I hope the following link works, as this pretty much summarises my current position...

https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads/live-man-still-limping.43991/page-3#post-1087673
 
Happy 6 weeks post op ladies @EmEm @Gretel @:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Ha ha @Strod you make me smile :0) I hope you appointment went well with the surgeon, have your weight baring restrictions been lifted?
I am on a roll right now, I can move around the house without an aid but still have a limp so use a walking stick more often than not so I build my walking gait correctly.
I walked along the beach front yesterday for 49 mins ( with walking stick) and reached 3,000 steps on my fit bit! Woo hoo I felt so happy... I used to do 15,000 daily but small steps :0)
Certainly feeling it today though!
 
Wow what a great walk! I do love being near the sea. Don’t get there nearly often enough. Our dream is to retire to the coast.
 
@Welshgirl, well done on the beach walk. My local walk is a similar distance, any further and I have to tackle a hill. Be cautious about doing too much because I think I peeped into the ODIC yesterday after a busy day on Monday! My hip was OK but I felt really tired.
 
Oh EmEm I hope are able to rest up today! I did ice quit a bit yesterday just to keep on the safe side but as you say feel worn out today... but it's a nice worn out from if you know what I mean!
I Have been out again this morning but not as far, making the most of the wonderful weather before winter sets in.
 
So happy you are seeing progress. Isn't it great to start feeding live without hip pain!
I kind-of giggle when I see the Fab 4 discussing the restriction lifts from doctor as I was the same.
Can I sleep on my side?
Can I drive?
Am I allowed to do all of this?
It was nice to get affirmation that physically I was okay to do everything, but found my body did not always agree with it all.
Slightly disappointing in some areas...
Listen to your body. The adrenaline that comes from knowing you are going to be okay often fogs our judgement...
Just because I could, didn't necessarily mean I should.
You have all done so beautifully...
Deep healing does take time though.
Glad your stories are inspiring others!
 
:blush: Awww...thanks.
But we all just did what we had to in order to get it life back, didn't we.
Yay us!:friends:
 
What wonderful progress @Welshgirl
Walks along the beach....so happy for you!
It's so great to jump back into life without the pain. A natural high, it really feels that way at
first. It's like looking at things through the eyes of a child, amazed at
all you are able to do once again....without the pain you grew accustomed to.
Wishing you a peaceful week full of joy as you continue to heal. I've loved following your journey!
 
Ahh gorgeous @Layla perfectly put, that is exactly how it is! It still amazes me that I'm excited about going grocery shopping... a chore I really didn't enjoy before this journey! Ha ha long may I enjoy it!!!
Thank you for being such a constant inspiration and comforter it's really appreciated x
have a wonderful day :flwrysmile:
 
Wishing all is well with you. Life without hip pain is amazing.
Lots of recovery left, but hoping all is getting continually better.
 
Last edited:
Yes, just as Gretel said.....Happy Seven Weeks @Welshgirl
Hope you're having a great week and feeling stronger each day :flwrysmile::loveshwr:
 
Wow 7 weeks have gone by in a flash! Well apart from the first two weeks! They seemed to last an eternity!!!
So much has happened in these past few weeks, for me these last couple of weeks have been very exciting.
I am now getting about around the house without any aids. I do however take my cane when out walking just to give me support and to help with my persistent limp!

I have gone back to wearing my Fitbit to measure my activity and I'm so happy to say I am averaging between
10-12,000 steps a day! Which is about 4-5 miles a day!!!!

Having said that I still haven't taken a completely pain free step or a step without a limp! Hoping the walking and exercise will correct that in time. It's so god to be active again woo hoo :0)

I Would like to wish a Happy thanksgiving to all of our American buddies hope you have an amazing day.

Today is my husbands birthday and he is amaerican so a double celebration for us!
Have the most wonderful day to all of my hippy friends
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Wow @Welshgirl you are doing really well, that's a long way to be walking! I wondered why my step count seemed to be going down as the days went by until OH pointed out that as my walking improved my stride length had increased so the number of steps decreased. Even then I'm nowhere near 10,000 steps. Are you still taking any pain relief?
Enjoy your double celebrations today. Our son moved to the US in July and is experiencing his first Thanksgiving and his first warm November ever!
 
@EmEm I hope your son is having a wonderful time celebrating thanksgiving such a fun time :o)

I'm not taking any pain relief and haven't for a couple of weeks now. I had originally stopped then started to walk with weight baring which gave me a lot of pain so back on them for a while. Now I just walk with discomfort a bit like before surgery but not as bad which is why I don't take pain killers as I'm used to it!
Went to physio this morning and walked in without any walking aids, they were thrilled and couldn't believe the difference in me in a week!
However as I have said I'm still limping and they are trying to correct it.stilo seem way to go but getting there and I couldn't be happier :0)

Thank you @Gretel hope your day was a good one x
 
Hi @Welshgirl, how's the walking going? I'm sure it's warmer there than here where it is currently about 2C and it's not as appealing to do a daily walk but I'm persevering.
Three week's time and our lovely son will be joining us for Christmas (fog, snow and airline strikes permitting). His apartment in the UK is now rented out so he will be staying with us!
Have a great weekend!
 
Back
Top Bottom