Guest viewing is limited

THR Welshgirls recovery 'Ok Fab Four here we go!!!

Thank you all you gorgeous people for the lovely words and most of all for all of your support, encouragement and friendship through this difficult but life changing journey.
Hope you all have a wonderful day sending you all a bunch of flowers
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Whew! Finally found you! I scanned down the avatars looking for your pretty face 3 x today!!
I need a new contact lense prescription I think, lol!

Wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed sharing in the journey of the Fab Four. Three months already, unbelievable! I hope all is well in your world and that it continues to improve weekly.
I miss not interacting with you all as we once did but life happens and time marches on.
Sending you a big hug and wishes for a very :merry christmas: and a happy, healthy 2018!
@Welshgirl
 
Merry Christmas dear Layla thank you so much for the wonderful message you are such a Sweetheart and a huge comfort and support for everyone on this site. Between you @Mojo333 the Fab Four class mates @EmEm @Gretel @weezie and many others who take the time to help all of us who have been or going though THR have made our journies so much better.... thank you x

I still pop on here to see how everyone is doing and to check all is well.

Yesterday I went for our annual Christmas Day swim at the local beach, the first time since my new hip... I was a little anxious but wow I had no problems whatsoever... it was amazing to be so free and mobile without pain woo hoo the best Christmas present EVER :0)

Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas hippy happy holidays
:tree lights::reindeerlights::tree2;
 
Oh that sounds wonderful Sue!
And very well said thanking everyone. I couldn’t agree more. The support from you wonderful people is brilliant :loveshwr:
 
Great news for getting back to life hip pain free...
It's why we did what we had to do...hope you have the best the new year has to offer.
 
Wishing all you Hippies... new... old...and almost... a very happy new 2018 pain free year ...
Thank you for being there with lots be and support...
:dancy::ok::spin:T:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile::happydance:
 
Back to life with no hip pain!
2018 will be splendid!
Best to you in the upcoming year!:yahoo:
 
Thank you @Mojo333 my hip is feeling so good what an amazing difference :0)
My Fitbit weekly report last week recorded 57.21 Kilometers (35.4 miles!!!) wow that's my best yet!
the only tiny 'snag' I have is that my other hip is now playing up with all this exercises!!! My MRI did show some deterioration in my good hip so will have to make sure I look after it well to prevent becoming a double hippy!!!
But feeling great, happy New Year to you and again thank you for all of your support :0) x
 
Hi @Welshgirl
Thinking of the Fab Four today. Happy 4 month anniversary!
I hope all is going well in your world and you're back enjoying life.
Time flies....can't believe it's been four months already.
Hugs to you :flwrysmile:
 
Life changing...life giving...it has been for me...
Keeps getting better!
Hope all is well with you.
Happy 4 Months!
 
Hello my lovely Ladies thank you both so much for thinking of me and the Fab Four :0) can it really be four months... wow time is certainly flying by! I have to say I am feeling fabulous! Life without the constant pain is heaven :yes!: At times i actually forget I have a new hip. I am still walking a lot and have now introduced an exercise routine at home, I will wait till 6 months before I go back to the aerobic class at the gym. I saw my surgeon last week, he was pleased with my recover and has distcharged me... happy days :0)

However on a sad note... my ex husband (whom I’m still very friendly with) has been diagnosed with bowel cancer, it’s terribly sad news and we are just hoping the scan results today will give us some hope. My beautiful daughter turns 21 tomorrow, she lives with her Dad so it’s a bitter sweet moment. She will be the one who will look after dad so a tough time ahead!

Life is so very precious, live each day the best we can as tomorrow is not guaranteed!

My new hip will certainly help me live every day to the max... feeling very blessed.
Have a wonderful day all
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Welshgirl very pleased to read that you hip is doing so well.

Very sorry to hear about your ex. I hope the scan finds that it not that far advanced and that it can be treated. Sending hope and prayers to you and yours.

I hope that your daughter is still able to enjoy her special day.
 
It's a hard thing for a young girl.
My daughter lost her father at age 19, and she was somewhat estranged from him before his diagnosis of pancreatic cancer. He was gone in 6 weeks.
The fact that she didn't have alot of good times with him affected her and still affects her every day.
Will be hard because they are close, will be better in the long run that they are close.
Tough for all. Sincere Sympathy
 
Last edited:
Hi @Welshgirl
I'm happy to hear how well your recovery is going.
I'm very sorry for your daughter. Her heart must be breaking. I'm sorry for any pain you're feeling over your ex's illness also. Just because your union failed and you've found happiness with another doesn't mean he doesn't hold a special place in your heart. After all, you wouldn't have your precious daughter had you never met. Hopefully the latest scans will offer some hope.

Keep up the great work in recovery. You're blessed! All the best going forward. :loveshwr:
 
Sorry to hear about ex hubby. These awful things certainly make us take stock of things don’t they? Glad you’re doing so well. It’s brilliant :spin:
 
Thank you all for the messages I really appreciate your thoughts and wishes. It is definitely going to be a tough road ahead for everyone, life can deal some hard cards for sure! Certainly puts life into perspective!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and again thanks you for your good wishes
:flwrysmile::loveshwr::flwrysmile::loveshwr::flwrysmile:
 
Sorry for that news. Rough on your daughter and you. Prayers.
 
Hi @Welshgirl
Illness and fear of loss sure do put life into perspective
especially when it hits close. Causes one to realize priorities
and what's really important in life. But while there's life, there is hope
so with that in mind let's hope for the best possible outcome.
Hugs to you and your daughter! :console2:
 
Happy 5 month anniversary!
Thinking of you and the Fab Four today.
I hope your daughter is holding up and her dad is doing okay given the circumstances.
Would love to hear how you're doing when you have time...
Sending love and hugs!
@Welshgirl
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom