THR Welshgirls recovery 'Ok Fab Four here we go!!!

Ahhh @Mojo333 & @Layla thank you both yet again for the wonderful messages, you guys seriously do keep me going that's for sure :0) and yes I should of popped on here for a chat yesterday... I will do if I need to in the future, just didn't want to be negative!
Mojo I did see the message on Emem's thank you for that x it's easy done with us 4 as a lot of our threads are linked! Thank you for checking in on me shame I didn't see it yesterday x
Have a w derail weekend ladies and again a billion thanks to you both :loveshwr::flwrysmile::roseshwr:
 
@Welshgirl i know what we need. The Fab Four all recuperating together! Hugs to you. The days do drag so much. I was just thinking yesterday though how long the nights were in hospital and even if I’m not sleeping at home at least I’m comfy :)
 
I’m on my way to wherever it’s warmest - Cyprus or Aus? ! Think western Canada might not be a lot different to U.K. - currently 12C here.
 
Ahh my lovely ladies, yes big Fab Four hugs to us all... @Gretel @EmEm @weezie xxxx

we really have done well and as @Mojo333 & @Layla and many others keep reminding us this isn't forever and one day we will have a giggle about these crazy times :0)

EMEm I do not envy you with those temperatures!! looking at 28-29C here today... sorry! It's my favoutite time of year still hot enough for a bikini and a swim but cool enough to sleep well at night with out the humidity....
nor sure which part if Aus Gretel you are from? My sister is in Melbourne and it's been pretty chilly there... so Cyprus might be the best bet as I'm sure Weezie it's pretty chilly for you!

Thank you guys lovely boost to start the day off :flwrysmile::yes!::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Welshgirl
Hope you had a nice weekend.
You'll be 3 weeks post op already in a couple days. Time flies.
I'll bet you're getting pretty mobile by now.
Best wishes for a great week!
 
Hi @Layla
Wonderful to hear from you as always :0)
I can not believe its nearly 3 weeks since my op! Time certainly flies!
I'm getting about quite well with my crutches, wanted to start to weight bare a bit to see what the new hip feels like!!! However my surgeon doesn't want me to for another 2 weeks (next visit with him 3rd Nov) feeling a little frustrated but will abide by Doc's orders!
A friend of mine just had THR in Malaysia four days ago, non cemented and is already walking full weight baring with only a cane to aid his gate! It's quite mind boggling how different the recovery process is to different surgeons and countries!
I hope that you are well and have had a wonderful weekend :0)
 
The 3rd will be here before you know it. Well, okay. NO. It will be dragging on but behave and those new hips will be oh so good.
 
Thank you @Mojo333 Hope all is well with you :0)

I can not believe it's been 3 weeks since the Op!
On one hand it's gone in a flash and on the other it seems like an eternity since normal life... if you get what I mean!!!
I'm so ready for normal life to resume, walking, exercising.... no crutches!
It will soon come I know patience, is a virtue ;0)
 
Hi @Welshgirl ! I’m west of Sydney. It was 30 here today. They are forecasting 36 on Sunday. A bit warm for spring. Won’t be long till you’re able to test the hip out. I’m getting around on one crutch unless I go outside then I’m being very careful on two. We went out for tea to celebrate three weeks post op. Mum rang while we were out then was all worried something was wrong when we weren’t home. I’m now sitting on ice packs. I told hubby I’d like to take the recliner next time we go out lol
 
Hi @Welshgirl and @Gretel, good to see you are both up and (almost) running. Your weather must make it easier to get outside. It’s warmer here today but the ground is covered in wet leaves so I’m not venturing out on my own.

I’m surprised how quickly the time has gone by but definitely getting bored with the restrictions. I don’t see the OS until 22 November which will be 7 weeks and presume the restrictions carry on until then. I see a Physio on Thursday who is used to working with patients from the hospital where I had surgery so will ask her.
 
Glad everyone is moving, albeit slowly. Giving those new hips time to get settled in there and seeing a future with no hip pain are sometimes contradictory emotions that test our patience. But we'll done, all three of Fab 4. Tried to check on Weezie...maybe she's busy out and about...:running:
 
I know the Fab 4 checks in here so just want to say I did some catching up and you gals all seem to be doing good. I can imagine it has been nice to have a group of 4 to keep you all sane thru the process. Here's to continuing pain controlled days!
 
I agree with all @mystikfairy mentioned.
At almost 3 weeks out....you ladies are old pro's now.
You all sound great, thriving, recoveries going well.
Don't hear from @weezie too often though.
Best wishes for a restful, relaxing week of healing @Welshgirl
Keep up the good work...
 
Good Morning everyone so wonderful to hear from you all :0)

I have also tried to contact @weezie but as you say @Mojo333 I guess she is busy out and about enjoying a pain free new hip!

@Gretel the weather is certainly heating up for you now! Just think of the wonderful summer you will have ahead of you walking the dogs on your new hips... heaven.

I wish I could say the same for you @EmEm, weather wise, please be careful on those soggy leaves if you venture out! (Good luck with the Physio on Thursday )

ladies can you believe it has been 3 weeks today!!! Wow how quick was that! However it has flown by in one respect but dragged by in others!

@Mojo333 @mystikfairy61 and @Layla thank you ladies for checking in on us, your constant thoughts, wishes and kind reassuring words have certainly helped me along this journey :0)
Have an amazing day everyone :flwrysmile:
 
Hey @Welshgirl Just popping by to say how all is progressing well before I begin my Friday Follies at Food Bank.
My charitable nature is waning this week due to some unsavory clients...will always be a few of those. Need to reset this weekend.
Hopefully your weekend will be peaceful.
 
Hi @Welshgirl
Just swinging by to wish you and the others a fab weekend.
I hope each day finds you pain free, stronger and more confident.
Best wishes for a relaxing weekend, pretty lady!
 
Good morning ladies :0)

It's been a very good week for me!

Huge difference once again in the recovery. Feeling much stronger, pain levels dropped so much that I have almost stopped medication. Only taking Panadol when needed which yesterday day was only one dose!
I went out for a walk (with crutches on docs orders still no weight baring!) lasted around 30 mins only gave up due to sore hands! It was the longest walk I have done since surgery. feeling happy with myself afterwards :9)
I was a little sore and achy last night in bed but I'm guessing to be expected.
Today I'm heading to the store for the first time with Hubby so that will be fun!!!
@Mojo333 i hope the food bank was ok today and you didn't get too many unsavory customers! Good for you devoting so much time to it x
@ Layla always so good to hear from you thank you both for checking in on me, trust me it's gratefully appreciated.
Have an amazing weekend, love from Cyprus
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Wow @Welshgirl you’re doing brilliantly! I can’t walk far at all without getting really tired. No way I could walk 30 minutes. I’m so impressed.
 
Thank you @mystikfairy61 and @Gretel even went with Hubby to the store for food shopping this morning!!! Who would have thought I would ever get excited over that chore!!!!!
Thank you both for your messages :0) and @Gretel dont forget you have 'double trouble' so you should expect to be tired. Sedning you big hugs xxx
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom