THR Welshgirls recovery 'Ok Fab Four here we go!!!

Hi @EmEm thankfully it is warmer here which is allowing me to keep the walking up! However the past couple of days it's been so cold.... well 15c which I know is a far cry from 2c!!! I even had to put a quilt on the bed!! ;0)
So happy your son will be home for Christmas, it will be a fabulous time. I love it when the kids come home however it's a quiet one for me this year as they are both staying in the uk...boyfriends and girlfriends are taking over!
Hope you have a fabulous weekend, keep warm!!
:flwrysmile:
 
Need some advice please... @Josephine
I'm 8 weeks post RTHR and doing really well with my recovery.
However last night I was eating and crunched on something hard hurting a molar tooth.
I've had tooth ache all night so will have to visit the dentis asap. im sure I have read somewhere about having to see a doctor before having dental work done, can you please give me some advice before I make an appointment.
Really appreciate your help :flwrysmile:
 
Ahhh @alexthecat thats exactly what I was referring to, thank you so much for the info I tried to find it but couldn't! So really appreciate your help thank you and thanks for the well wishes I will be calling the dentist asap.
Have a wonderful day :flwrysmile:
 
Different docs have different protocol. Mine used to say antibiotics (2000mg amoxicillin) only for first 2 years but recently changed to lifetime. Some dentists might also prefer pretreatment to make sure no one blames them for any problem. Check when you make your appt because you only have to take it an hour before.
 
Oh that’s not good about your tooth! My OS didn’t say anything about antibiotics but my dentist did when I saw him last. I told him I’d probably be getting new hips and he said I’d need them before I saw him in January. So many different opinions!
 
Hi @Welshgirl @Gretel, I saw the dentist yesterday and she confirmed that antibiotics are not routinely prescribed in the UK for dental work when there has been a THR. The good news was that I don't need any treatment, bad news was that OH needs 45 minutes treatment which has made him grumpy. He doesn't understand why I wasn't very sympathetic. It might be sore afterwards but it won't take several weeks to get over it!
 
Thank you ladies, hopefully will get in to see my dentis next week!
And goodness me @Josephine where have I been as I've never looked into the library!!!
Wow learned so much! well worth a good read!!!
:flwrysmile:
 
A quick "Hi" @Welshgirl
It sounds as though your recovery is coming along great. I'm so happy for you.
The surgery really is a game changer. You Four are coming up on two months already....time sure flies!
I'm glad all is well, aside from the tooth.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend :flwrysmile:
 
All ready for our Christmas party and I have heels on!!! Well they are very little ones but it's a start woo hoo! :tree2;:tree lights:​
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Welshgirls recovery 'Ok Fab Four here we go!!!
    IMG_9108.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 279
:wowspring:You look beautiful!!
Pretty shoes too.
I hope you have a wonderful time :loveshwr:
@Welshgirl
 
Last edited:
Hi @Welshgirl
I hope you enjoyed the party. Did it become exhausting, or were you able to hang in there?
I can't believe the Fab Four is coming up on two months already.
Just think....you'll be feeling even better by Christmas.
If you're like, me last Christmas was rather painful, making this year all the sweeter.
Just wanted to stop by to say "Hi" and wish you a great week!
 
Ahh @Layla thank you so much for the kind words :0)
I am looking forward to feeling even better in the new year!
The party was fun and I managed to stay in my shoes all night!
There was no dancing tho!!!
Did feel it on Sunday but not too bad, just so nice to feel Normal again :0)
Hope you have a wonderful week also
:flwrysmile:
 
It's amazing how normal we look...after all that!
Beautiful, look at you.:treestar:
 
Hi @Welshgirl
I can't believe it's already the two month anniversary for the Fab Four.
I've so enjoyed following your journey.
You all seem to be thriving and getting stronger each day. It only gets better :happydance:
To a wonderful 2018!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom