Guest viewing is limited

THR Welshgirls recovery 'Ok Fab Four here we go!!!

Ahhhh lovely lovely Layla thank you for the 5 months anniversary wishes :flwrysmile:
So hard to believe it has been 5 months already how time flies by so quickly without the pain!

So much has happened in that time, my ex husband has his full results last Friday after many tests and scans. The cancer has spread to his liver, however the doctors have said it can be removed with 2 operations! He has started chemo/radio therapy to shrink the tumor in the bowel. It’s going to be a long hard road but they are positive about a good result and looking to be completely curable we have everything crossed x

On a positive note my daughter and I had a week away to Mexico for her 21st birthday and it was an amazing time :yay::egypdance: I was able to kayak, swim , walk miles and miles I even repelled down a 90ft hole into the ground to swim a Cenote! It was simply amazing to have the ability to be so active again. The only thing I didn’t do was the zip lining into the water as I was afraid I would dislodge my hip! I can not believe how life changing it has been having my new hip. Being so terrified before surgery and questioning if it is the right decision seems a lifetime ago I am so so happy I made that decision :0)

To anyone who is thinking about having this operation or are near to having it done please know it will be the best decision of your life. Not going to lie there will be some difficult stages along the way but here I am at 5 months post op feeling a million dollars again :dancy::spin:

It’s Mothers Day in the UK today Happy Mothers Day to all of you gorgeous women have a wonderful Sunday
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
What a wonderful update!
You are a glowing example of how this surgery gives us a second chance.
It's great to read of the fun you're having enjoying life to the fullest once again.
What promising news on your ex's prognosis. I'm sure it brings great relief for you and your daughter.
It looks like she'll be able to witness both her parents getting a second chances in life. Prayers it all continues on a positive path.
Love hearing from you, pretty lady. May you continue to shine! :loveshwr: :friends:
@Welshgirl
 
Happy happy for you.
Prayers for your husband.
I'm so glad you were able to make great memories for you and your daughter for her birthday.
Life changing is how I describe my surgery also! :happydance:
Glad to know things are going so well.
 
Happy Six Month Anniversary!
I hope al is well @Welshgirl and that things are still progressing as hoped for your ex / daughters dad.
Can't believe it's already six months for the Fab Four. Just think....they say complete recovery can take up to a year. You're doing great now, can only imagine how you'll be feeling then. The sky is the limit!
Wishing you the best life has to offer as you move forward :loveshwr: Big hugs!
 
Ahhh lovely Layla thank you so much, wow how can it be 6months already!!! quite incredible how time flies by!
I have to say I am feeling amazing, life is so good without that awful hip pain. I did a Fitbit challenge last week against my brother in law in Australia my final count was crazy... in total I walked over 60miles!! I actually don’t think I could have done that before my hip problems!!! ;0)
My ex has now started chemo/radio therapy so have everything crossed for a full recovery. I am so proud of my daughter for coping with everything, her father is very lucky to have her x
Thank you for thinking of me you are quite amazing, have a wonderful weekend
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
:goodpost: so happy all is going well!
Happy for your daughter...best wishes for her father's recovery!:) :-) (:
 
All is crazy with work and family..but so so good with hips!
So much easier to deal with Life when one is feeling healthy.
Hope you have a great week!
 
I hear you there!!! Life is so much easier and happier with painless hips ;0)
Glad you are doing good albeit crazy busy!!!
Have a fabulous week Mojo :flwrysmile:
 
Hi there, pretty Welshgirl!
Noticed your name today and it jogged my memory.
Happy Nine Month Anniversary! You'll be celebrating your one year anniversary before you know it.
Hopefully all is going well and you're busy enjoying life. I hope your ex is still thriving and that your daughter is dealing well with the situation.
Wishing you all the best!
@Welshgirl
 
Ahhh dear Layla thank you so much as always for thinking of me and taking the time to message x you are quite incredible for remembering everyone and their circumstances! My ex is having a rough time if it, he had an emergency operation to instal a colostomy bag to elevate the pain. He has finished his chemo therapy and starts radio therapy next week. However there is some good news as the tumor is shrinking and the spots on the liver are also reducing so we have everything crossed x my daughter is amazing in all of this and is a true power house to her father, I could not be more proud of her and all that she is going through... feeling very blessed x
As for myself I am feeling wonderful and thoroughly enjoying life with pain free hips!!! I thank my lucky stars I decided to have the operation done when I did and didn’t keep dragging on and on with a life with pain!
I hope you are doing well and I love how you keep everyone motivated with your kindness and help wherever needed..
Thank you Layla have a wonderful Sunday
:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
As for myself I am feeling wonderful and thoroughly enjoying life with pain free hips!!! I thank my lucky stars I decided to have the operation done when I did and didn’t keep dragging on and on with a life with pain!
Yay, @Welshgirl !:yahoo:
So happy you are doing well.
I am also ever grateful for my surgery!
 
What a fantastic thread.. So sorry about your husband and all the best for his full recovery. I loved the comment about kayaking! I love doing this but with my current trashed hip it is impossible. I did go hobie-cat sailing on my recent holiday and it hurt like hell but glad I did it. Trying to get in the right frame of mind for the op which (hopefully) is due to take place next week. I am definitely getting the wobbles though. Off alcohol for 3 weeks before the op. Not getting much help as to what medication I can stay on or not. Hopefully will get a call from the GP today. But thanks so much for blogging the entire history of your post-op recovery - it is very helpful.
 
Hi @Welshgirl
It's always so nice to read an update from you. I'm sorry to hear the news about your ex / daughter's dad.
So very sad he's having a rough time of it now. Obviously it affects both you and your daughter and I'm sure you're wishing you could protect her from it all. It sounds as though she's handling it well, staying strong and offering her dad support that I'm sure he treasures. Thankfully things seem to be moving in the right direction. I'll pray for strength...for you all.

Thank you for your kind words, I'm doing well. I'm very happy to hear you are also. Like you, I'm also thankful I went ahead with the surgery rather than suffer that pain any longer. Watching your world shrink is no fun.
THR really is like being given a second chance and I'm forever grateful. Thanks for the update!
I hope you have a wonderful week!
 
Hi ladies @Mojo333 @Layla so great to hear from you both as always, also good to hear you are both well and enjoying pain free life :0)
Life is certainly good with New hips ;0)
@SurreyGirl thank you for your lovely message :flwrysmile:
I see you are due to have surgery next week and completely understand you may be having second thoughts, doubts and worries. All of those are totally normal, I remember being in the hospital an hour before the surgery asking if I could change my mind! However being through it all I would not hesitate doing it all again if I needed to. I won’t lie the first few weeks were challenging! Week 5 was my lowest point were I had thoughts of regret but thankfully the very next week my recovery seem to come on leaps and bounds. I can not express enough how amazing my life is now 8 months on! Living an active pain free life is precious and I cherish it daily. Try to not worry (easy said I know) try to look ahead in how your life will be wonderful again. Good luck and I look forward to seeing you on the other side of recovery :flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile:
 
Thanks Ladies and I will bear this in mind Cassidy! Currently typing this from the bath as making the most of them while I can...
 
Hi @Welshgirl
Happy Ten Month Anniversary!
I actually remember my 10 month anniversary. I recall thinking how in a very short time it will already be a year since my surgery! It really kind of flies by. I hope things are still looking up for you ex / daughters dad.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend and your new (we'll, sort of new) pain free hip.
Hugs
 
Getting our lives back after THR is :happydance:
Hope all is well with Welchgirl:ok:
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom