THR Welshgirls recovery 'Ok Fab Four here we go!!!

Happy you could get it and get some normalcy. I'm guessing that's your beautiful daughter on your avatar with you.
2018 will be our year people!

Thanks @Welshgirl I know. But I’m impatient I miss doing stuff I never thought I’d miss. Just simple stuff. Hubby has gotten really good at all the chores. He’s been so great. He’s been cooking, cleaning, shopping washing.... feeding the dogs and cleaning up after them.

@Gretel i know that impatient feeling very well but the more patient you are now the better it will all be for the long run! And how lucky we are to have amazing hubbies... mine is currently changing the beds and doing laundry!!!! Bless them x
@Mojo333 i find it so funny that I'm ecstatic about doing normal day to day boring things!!! I'm sure it won't last ;0)
Yes that my daughter, she spent the summer working at a Summer camp in New Hampshire as a riding instructor and loved every minute mic it! It was her first year and I'm sure she will be doing it again next year! :0)

You're so right about the excitement in once again doing normal things.
It brings a mental "high" of sorts that does slowly dissipate. At least I feel it did.
There was an initial excitement in the freedom without pain. I'm certainly
thankful each and every day. I hope that gratitude never wanes.

You are coming up on 4 weeks already! Time flies in recovery it seems.
Wishing you a relaxing and peaceful week of continued healing @Welshgirl

You have done fabulously. It is nice to start the day with something other than another day of terrible hip pain.
Given time, that hip will taker you every where you want to go.:walking:

Four weeks tomorrow... wowza where did that time go!!!
Quite incredible to think that a month has gone by so quickly..
Each week brings huge development in my recovery, I am hoping to start to walk unaided this week after the Docs appointment on Friday. I haven't tried it yet as Hubby keeps on my back to follow doctors orders t the 'T'
I'm excited to see how it feels a) to walk without the crutches b) to see how my new hip works!
Exciting week ahead for me :0) Have to have something to look forward to each week to help with the Cabin fever ;0)
Layla and mojo333 I hope you have an amazing day, love to you both and many thanks again for your continual support :flwrysmile::flwrysmile:

Hi @Welshgirl, it’s hard to believe that it’s 4 weeks since our surgery. I hope your Dr gives the go ahead to walking unaided because the crutches must be hard work.

My check up was going to be 7 weeks from the surgery date until I queried it yesterday and the surgeon’s secretary changed it to next week. I’m hoping for a reduction in the restrictions starting with being able to sleep in a different position!

Hi @Welshgirl
Wishing you the best at your appointment tomorrow.
I experienced a mix of excitement and anxiety with those first appointments.
If your OS doesn't give you the green light to walk unaided yet, I'll bet it won't be long.
You all (Fab Four) sound like you're doing really well and your journeys have been fun to follow.
Enjoy the rest of your day and dream of ditching the crutches tomorrow :happydance:
Sending a hug and best wishes for your appointment.

Good morning guys :0)

Just back from Doctors appointment and I'm so happy I could burst!!!!:chuckmarch:

He is very happy with my recovery so far, gave me a full check over then asked me to walk (holding my hands) and 'hey presto' I took my first steps unaided and it felt so good. I had a little muscle pain and a limp but he said it was all to be expected. Now to walk with one crutch or cane until I feel strong enough to walk without them. I'm to Work with physio for a few weeks, as my back is still playing up. Next appointment with surgeon in a months time.

There have been times in the last 4 weeks that I have questioned having the operation as I hadn't had that 'wow' factor...... I take that all back now! Taking that first shaky step with out that horrendous stabbing pain was priceless. Happy happy happy :happyfeet::froggies:

Have a wonderful weekend everyone

Ps all restrictions lifted!!! He said I could do everything within moderation. I was to listen to My body as it will guide me in my limits!!!

@EmEm hope your docs appointment goes well next week please keep us posted x
And @Layla Green light given hoorah x

Good news:yahoo:.
Isn't this surgery life changing?
Have fun on cloud nine...you deserve it.

Hi there:wowspring:
I am so happy for you! What a wonderful post to start my day, your elation is palpable. You are on your way!
I've so enjoyed watching your journey as well as Gretel, EmEm and Weezie. The emotions you've all experienced are still so fresh in my mind as I'm only three months ahead of you all. It truly will continue to get better to the point that your surgery and replacement is not always in the forefront of your mind.

I hope you and hubby go do something special to celebrate. It's the new you, you are getting your life back and it is AWESOME :yes!::yay:
Best wishes for a beautiful weekend @Welshgirl :loveshwr:

Hi @Welshgirl
I hope all is still going well for you.
The 4 of you are coming up on six weeks already! Time flies.
Hopefully your back pain is easing up with the physio you mentioned.
Wishing you continued healing and a lovely weekend :flwrysmile:

Hi @Welshgirl i hope you are doing well and enjoying being more mobile now. Have you managed to sleep bettter? My restrictions were lifted but I found it difficult to sleep on either side so back to all the pillows!

Have a lovely weekend in the sunshine.

Hi @Welshgirl i hope you are doing well and enjoying being more mobile now. Have you managed to sleep bettter? My restrictions were lifted but I found it difficult to sleep on either side so back to all the pillows!

Have a lovely weekend in the sunshine.
@EmEm can you tell me how you arrange them please? I’m still having trouble!

Hello ladies thank you @Layla and @EmEm for popping in and seeing if all is good :0)

After my eurphoric post over a week ago about my restrictions being lifted I have had a rough week!!!
This journey is certainly a roller coaster of a ride!!!

I had a couple of days of being thrilled that I was getting about with one crutch and weight baring, felt so free!
Then came the pain, every time I would step on my operated leg I would get shooting pain in the joint/ groin to my knee and down my shin! I started to get worried that I had over done things or worse that I had done some damage! By Wed I was really low and actually said to hubby that I was regretting having the operation :o( Sleep was non exsistant which made it worse!

However on Thursday I saw my physio who is wonderful, we had a good chat about all that I had been through, explained what my body had gone through and the fact that I was in week 1 in walking terms as I had been non weight baring for the first 4.5 weeks! She reassured me that all was well and the healing going in the right direction! Reenforced that we all heal at different levels! I think I cried a little bit with relief and nice to have the understanding and compassion. She showed me a couple of easy exercises to help with the groin and knee pain which has helped immensely, followed by a wonderful massage... I left there floating on air!

I have since had huge improvement with the pain and walking.. feeling positive again :9)
Didn't want too post on here with my 'downer' attitude to bring the mood down... which I know is crazy as you are all here for support, which I am very grateful for :0)

Layla my back is up and down but does seem better these past couple of days thank you x
EmEm I hope you are dong well and sleeping ok?. I love your pillow fort idea.. ha it must take us 20 mins to get settled for bed ;0) I actually left the downstairs bedroom and went back upstairs to my own bed three nights ago and have slept much better. I Was starting to dread going to bed downstairs as I associated it with sleepless/ uncomfortable nights! @Gretel i hope your pillow reconfiguration works out :0)

Sorry about my woe-ish message but ending on a positive up beat note, the sun is shining, hubby is off work and I am feeling much much better thank you for listening have a wonderful Sunday :flwrysmile::SUNsmile::flwrysmile:

@Welshgirl sorry things got rough for you :( It certainly is a roller coaster! Glad the physio could help you. I’m pinning so much on the surgeon lifting my restrictions. I may be putting too much on that.... I’m moving back to my side of the bed tonight. Not a big move but will be good to be back on the right side. Hubby’s side is closer to the door and was easier with crutches.

Hi @Welshgirl
Sounds like you've been on a bit of a roller coaster ride this week. I'm happy to hear you were comforted, offered reassurance and are feeling better physically. Sleep sure helps too. It seems everything feels magnified when we're tired. What the physio explained about you just beginning to walk since you hadn't been fully weight bearing makes perfect sense.

Please don't hesitate to post when you're feeling down. I feel many of us are here
just for that reason, to offer love in the form of support, understanding, reassurance and encouragement.
You most certainly aren't a "woe is me" personality. You've done a great deal of lifting and supporting around here yourself. It's wonderful to hear you're feeling back on track. :flwrysmile: :SUNsmile: :loveshwr:
Sending a hug and wishing you a relaxing and peaceful week.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dave4562
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts