Bilateral TKR weak muscles<

Nae probs tad blunt for me but tha knows what i mean
 
i noticed my calf pain is gone!! only knee muscles pain after stairs...i have iced yesterday as I went up 2 floors and also walked a lot. its so good to share...my back pain is also less now. .i work in a big school and my biggest drawback was i couldnt move around go up the stairs. Now i can and all are shocked!!!
 
hello...i have started stairs every two days...going up two floors...in school. i did put ice for 1 hr and some pain killers...not too bad...wow..at last I am getting more active...and walking more also....i will see my doc next week.its a 4 hr drive. i hope he likes my progress. here people are so negative...they are like..3 months and you cant do stairs....i feel so low...but you all are so encouraging...thanks a tonne.
 
Hey a little bit at a time--you're improving.
 
People can be so uncaring without thinking assumptions are made om visual in that hey you look fine and often ignorance in what you have been thru with major surgery. They arent important you are. If their comments cause you to overdo or worse think of consequences. Its hard to do the smile and just get on in a planned therapeutic way but you must. If any persist suggest the watch vodeo of the opp on youtube.
You are doing well back at work and walking more remeber what you were capable of a few weeks ago. So pat yourself on the back and a hug to you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
You're making good, steady progress. The stairs will continue to get easier. Just don't let anyone try to rush you or tell you that you should be doing better. They haven't had a knee replacement and they don't understand that it is very major surgery. As Legin said, you look normal, so other people have no idea that healing is still taking place.

It's almost 5 months since I had my knee replacement and I still have some difficulty with stairs, if the treads are too high. Smaller steps are easier.
 
hello..has anyone gained weight after this surgery...i am walking a lot..eating normal...yet weight is increasing...help...
 
Our bodies are all diff and react in diff ways I lost a lot but its coming back but even though I walk a lot its nothing like pre surgery I walked 15 k every shift and had to dodge fists and feet so still doing nothing in comparison.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
having lot of pain....did stairs continously for 4.5 days....better go slow now..
 
You see that finish line and speed up to get there then sheeeeeeesh its been moved again and head goes down. You are doing well stairs are the nemesis. Never mind the pain dont do a Legin. We have a big mirror at bottom of stairs, now I dont like looking in mirrors. But, seeing yourself aproaching it at the speed of light isnt recomended. Aye take it easy you will and are getting there. Take care

Legin THR Sep 14
 
thanks. I was recovering so well...now a set back....i have to again travel for work on tuesday.....stairs again....in India we still have stairs every where.
 
Grand big stairs equal several sets of smaller stairs. Dont worry about others just go at your pace.

Legin THR Sep 14
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom