There are two very well-kept secrets in this world, and one of them is how much childbirth hurts. (unless you're one of those strange people who say "Pain? What pain? Loved every minute of it, it was a beautiful, life-affirming experience ". And other well-kept secret (unless you find the Bonesmart site very early on!) is just how much knee-replacement surgery actually HURTS afterwards!!!!! For weeks and sometimes months!!!!!! And yes, some lucky people (are they for real?) don't seem to have the same pain as the rest of us poor mortals. My friends who'd had it done said "Yeah there may be tines you'd wish you'd never had it done, but just persevere" . They never told me there would be nights I would sit up in bed and person with pain that wasn't touched by Codeine/ Tramadol/Morphine/swearing/offering to sell my soul to the devil for "ONE GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP PLEASE!" Or that I might still be doing the stairs one by one 8 weeks later. (Am 10 weeks today and can come down properly if I hold onto the banister, and can go up if not too steep but it's not always pain-free. But I still don't sleep in the same bed as my very patient partner because I thrash around trying to get comfortable most of the night) or that my energy levels would be so low I would look at the vacuum cleaner and promise "One day my son, I'll give you a run over the carpet. Just not yet" ( I'm still saying it and get my partner to do it....) But it does gets better, just not as soon as you think it will. Take note of what the Bonesmart smarties tell you - all wise people who've been there, got the t-shirt ( unlike the vast majority of physios or surgeons who proably have no idea of the pain involved. Or if they do, they don't let on. The swines.....)