Bilateral TKR weak muscles<

Yes I work in a school as administrator. Mostly it's a desk job but I do take a round daily.

Trainer means personal trainer....it's to be fit and not have any back problems etc.
 
I was OK few months back...I had gone to Melbourne for a month. I walked a lot there. Now after coming back, exhaustion has set in I think. I go out many times. Getting in and out of the car is also strenuous I think.
 
Hi Josephine,

thanks for your help. I have been taking brufen thrice daily or more for more than 2 years. I have put on 5 kg. Now I read that brufen causes water retention.:sad:

Is that so. I am now stopping it as per your advice. i hope my weight slowly reduces.
 
Hi read all your posts...you are a brave lady. i cannot imagine doing it alone...wow...hats off to you!!!
 
When I had ACL surgery 20 years ago, it was my first time in PT. I did five or ten minutes on a bike, then an elliptical and then on several other machines---or on the table---clam shells, for instance. I was amazed that at the end of four weeks, I was much stronger than before.

So, strengthening muscles is not about an hour a day of exercise. 30 min is plenty of time . And if you are working--fit exercise into your day. Walk up the stairs instead of an elevator, do leg raises when you are standing around. Clamp in your stomach when you are standing in line for anything. Do clam shells and other leg exercises while watching tv. Just do a little every chance you get---it will add up.
 
I just read in AARP magazine that you can increase your fitness with 10 min of steady biking a day, three times a week. I have a stationery bike and that is the best thing I ever got. I emailed all of my friends and asked who had a bike in the bedroom collecting clothing? I got three offers!!!
 
@pain free I had my first TKR in November 2014, and second in July 2015. I was OK until I lost a lot of weight after TKR no 2, then my muscles tightened up and became very weak. I had weekly hydrotherapy and swimming, and they eased considerably. However last August I was given Alendronic acid and my muscles and ligaments have become very painful and very stiff. I have lost some ROM and am having weekly massage on the muscles which is beginning to make a difference. Sometime my pain can be around 8, and although I was off all NSAIDs and painkillers I am back on paracetamol 3xday, which like you I don't think I should be after all this time.
 
I just read in AARP magazine that you can increase your fitness with 10 min of steady biking a day, three times a week. I have a stationery bike and that is the best thing I ever got. I emailed all of my friends and asked who had a bike in the bedroom collecting clothing? I got three offers!!!

I just started riding my stationary bike. This morning I was able to get a full rotation going backwards!! I am starting off with 5 minutes and I hope this will help build up my muscle strength in my legs. Think every other day would be okay at 10 weeks for me?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom