Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR weak muscles<

I am going to melbourne on 7th jan..its a long flight with a 10 hr halt at Malaysia...how will my legs be? any tips...will the plane seat be too low...I have asked for a wheel chair. i also have 2 grandchildren with me...
 
Hi @pain free

Best wishes for your trip to Melbourne!

This article might help you:
Flying soon after surgery

Are your grandchildren old enough to help you?

Do I understand that you have 10 hours on the ground in Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur?)? That will give you the opportunity to walk around a bit, but you will also need to find somewhere to sit or lie down with your legs elevated.
Kuala Lumpur airport has a hotel airside (for passengers in transit) where you can book a room for a period of either up to 6 hours or up to 12 hours. This is the web site:
https://www.agoda.com/sama-sama-exp...html?type=1&site_id=1622884&url=https://www.a

Best wishes!
 
@pain free, good luck on your trip! Hopefully the kids will be able to help you somewhat. @Celle, your posting about the hotel for layovers at the Kuala Lumpur airport is just another reason I love this forum so much! People here go above and beyond to offer help and suggestions to others!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
hi all...i reached safely....not too much trouble though it was a very long journey,,,,walked a lot at the airport...started walks here also...but my left knee is overloaded....i can feel the metal in it...right knee is almost normal...though i always use left leg for steps....i am scared...has the transplant shifted or something? is that possible? i hope not...Oh God.
 
Glad to hear you made is safely to Australia
No two knees heal alike even the same person, most likely the left knee is just coming along slowly. Can you switch the the right leg for steps and give your left leg a break from the heavy work of leading going up stairs?
Unlikely anything has happened to your TKR, you are only 3 months out from your surgery, still very early in this year long recovery.
What is the pain level in your left knee?
Remember to follow the mantra and Rest, Elevate, Ice, and Medicate when you can.
Enjoy your trip to Australia,
 
thanks pumpkin....i am not having any pain in my knees..only calf muscles..yes today i will rest my left knee.
 
So you should well done tho

Legin THR Sep 14
 
hello friends..i am fine and enjoying my stay in lovely melbourne. Its truely a beautiful city. I have come here for the 6th time now. But this was my best trip.Knees are so much better and i am walking a lot. Earlier whenever or whereever we went I had to take a wheel chair. it was embarassing and alsoe depressing. but now i can walk!!! cheers to that.thank you for all your support and encouragement. though stairs are still problematic
 
That is wonderful that you can enjoy walking again.stairs get better too...Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip !!

Vinny
 
Hi @pain free
I'm glad you're enjoying Melbourne.

Don't worry about the stairs. It's still early days in your recovery and stairs are often one of the last things that come easily. Some people take much longer than you have, before they can do stairs easily. It's 4 months since my TKR and, although I can do the stairs, I wouldn't yet say that they are easy.

Best wishes! :flwrysmile:
 
oh thank you so much....i was thinking some thing is wrong...why cant i do the stairs...yesterday we had been for a programme and i did a lot of stairs..not much pain today....once I go back this thursday i will start physio again to strenghten my thigh muscles.
 
Don't worry about the stairs. It's still early days in your recovery and stairs are often one of the last things that come easily.
Yes, stairs were about the last hurdle in my recovery. It took me months and months before I could go down them "correctly."
 
Stairs are the nemesis it does take a long time for some. Be careful I have a.mirror at the.bottom and.twice found myself approaching it the wrong was and at speed. Hmmmm always knew.my.face would break a mirror. Seriously tho take.care

Legin THR Sep 14
 
hi @pain free I am so glad you are enjoying Melbourne - are you staying in the city? visiting all the little lane ways and hide away shops? At least Melbourne is nice and flat which is great for walking with your new knees:yes: What ever you do please remember to take time each day to elevate your legs and rest - ice when you can - packets of frozen peas are excellent for this - wrap in a tea towel so the don't burn your skin, when they get soggy put them back in the freezer for next time.

Keep getting better but do it SLOWLY - take care, I'll watch your progress - Maggie
 
Hello all...thanks so much for your support....maggie i am staying in the suberbs...noble park...its so beautiful compared to India....walking is a pleasure...
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom