Guest viewing is limited

We can rebuild him. We have the technology

I agree with @SE Florida ! love how you put a humorous spin and lighter outlook to your posts :loll:
Good luck with your op! Can't wait to hear from you on the other side!:happydance:
 
Prescriptions.

The pharmacist explained that walmart has weird limits on narcotics and my insurance has weird limits on narcotics and the launched into calculations rather than just saying "your doctor wants you to have 50 Percocets but you only get 21."

I got so confused that just said thanks anyway and left. Also they were out by of the iron/vitamin supplement.

It's just as well - once I got home I noticed that the prescriptions had the wrong first name. Okay for antibiotics, not so good for narcotics. And I thought I could relax now.
 
I don't know how I missed this thread until today but it sure will come in handy for the rest of my recovery.......laughing, the best medicine ever! Thank you 59Billy, you'll do great and we're all here for you!
@Icespirit5
 
Last edited:
The wrong first name on your prescriptions????? That is crazy with all of the restrictions on narcotics now. Hopefully they at least have the dosage right but it sounds like another fun trip to Walmart. And not so funny when you're already in pain!
@59billy
 
I'll call the doctor in the AM; hopefully they can just call it in, but I bet I'll have to take them the original.
 
Wrong name on prescription for narcotics.. oh my!!!

Sounds like you need that new hip quickly.... Not long until you get it now.... i’m just passed two weeks & have NO pain (well, not in my new hip anyways).

Hang on in there! Keep that SOH .. it so helps.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Definitely going to have a heart to heart with the OS or office manager. Minor admin glitches are one thing, but this is beyond the pale. But now I know to proofread everything before I leave the office!

Interestingly, I've had less pain the last few days. Endorphins, maybe. I am definitely excited to be in the home stretch.
 
I agree, billy. That is disturbing to say the least. There is no excuse.

Regarding less pain the past few days,
Stress can magnify pain. I imagine reading of those who are quickly going ahead of you
and sensing their relief that surgery is behind them, reading that their pre-op pain is gone, witnessing their sense of humor intact, which would be difficult IF you were in excruciating pain, is all helping ease any
stress you're experiencing...resulting in less pain. In addition, they're all doing well!

In less words, following their recovery stories is easing your stress and in turn your pain.
Whatever the reason, It's good to read you're suffering less.

Wishing you comfort as you await Tuesday.
@59billy
 
I got a VERY apologetic phone call from a nurse at the OS. Went and they gave me new scrips, and a promise to renew whatever needed to be renewed. Proceeded to the nearest Walgreens where and got 42/50 Percocets and 100/90 of the iron/vitamin supplement. The pharmacist said that the whole bottle was cheaper than counting 90. Decent outcome. Now I have 10 extra weapons-grade iron pills. Thought about starting them now instead of after surgery, then thought I should ask the OS, then thought I'm sick of calling people and asking questions.
 
If your bottle doesn't say when to start them, you probably should call your OS first :thud:.........I was taking them prior but they took me off of my iron and vitamin supplements 1 week prior to surgery. Not sure why because I felt like I needed them to stay healthy but it all worked out!
 
If your bottle doesn't say when to start them, you probably should call your OS first :thud:.........I was taking them prior but they took me off of my iron and vitamin supplements 1 week prior to surgery. Not sure why because I felt like I needed them to stay healthy but it all worked out!

They'd already told me to start after I got home.
 
Wow, I didn't think you could get prescriptions ahead of time. Everything I have heard to date has led me to believe prescriptions are only available after the "event". I'll have to message my PA tonight and ask about that.
 
Wow, I didn't think you could get prescriptions ahead of time. Everything I have heard to date has led me to believe prescriptions are only available after the "event". I'll have to message my PA tonight and ask about that.

I've never seen it done this way
either, but it sure beats stopping at a pharmacy on the home from the hospital.
 
Last edited:
Sounds like you are set!
Hope you have been toning up that patience muscle so you can get this recovery off to a great start.
:SUNsmile::SUNsmile::SUNsmile:Three more days...but whose counting?:)
 
I learned the hard way about keeping pain meds to myself. After my first hip I let a homeless family stay with me. Thought I was helping until my last full prescription got lifted off my kitchen table. Now I have them on me all the time. Just to say I finally got family out of my house. Never again, never again.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom