Guest viewing is limited

We can rebuild him. We have the technology

Inspired by the USMC's "Rifleman's Creed" as depicted in "Full Metal Jacket":

This is my walker. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my walker is immobile. Without my walker, I am immobile. My walker and I know that what counts isn't how fast we move, but that we get there.

So be it until victory is ours and there is no limp.
_____
 
Wow, I didn't think you could get prescriptions ahead of time. Everything I have heard to date has led me to believe prescriptions are only available after the "event".


I was instructed to pick up all my prescriptions ahead of time also. I brought them to the surgery center, and handed them over for them to administer / record for the 24 hrs I was there. The thing I didn't like about it was my OS's office called in all the scripts for me and there were a couple I never needed, or opened.
 
Wow! You take a few days off and the posts explode - takes a while to catch up on all you movers & shakers!
I am not sure if you have ever seen any You Tube videos about Walmart shoppers but that is why Walmart restricts the restricted! If you haven't watched those videos and want to get your bladder to kick off, it's a 100% guarantee to pee your pants laughing!
 
Love the relationship you have formed with your walker!

Here is a great inspiration too!
"This is the beginning of a new day. You have been given this
day to use as you will. You can waste it or use it for good.
What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day
of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone
forever; in its place is something that you have left behind...
let it be something good."

You are doing something that is important, anxiety-producing but important -that will make your life healthier and happier.
 
Last edited:
This thread is so entertaining @59billy I can only imagine how much the nurses are going to fight over who gets to take care of you in recovery!

Almost there, can relate with the 90 degree rule and toe nail trimming. No reminder necessary lol, have learned amazing tricks on my walker but giving myself a pedicure isn’t one of them. You’re almost there. Glad you are armed with the good stuff and won’t have to wait on the way home from the hospital. So far, no recovery pain has compared to the pain of a dislocated brake. It’s all up from here. You will get through this!
 
:SUNsmile:one more day, but who's counting, right?:shrug:

It's going to be grand to say Bye Bye to Hip Pain!:ok:
 
@59billy ... Only two more days! I'm sure you can't wait to get this behind you and move forward. Wishing you a peaceful day as you finish your preparations for Tuesday.

Blessings for the day.
 
Not long now, billy.
I recall the mixed bag of emotions the weekend and day before surgery. At this point you just want it over already.
You sure have a great group of peeps waiting for you on the bright side. All doing so well. It's uplifting and inspiring. You're almost there, hang tight.
Wishing you comfort and a day of perfect peace as you await Tuesday.
@59billy
 
This morning, using a sock helper and dressing stick, I remember the camp where they said they'd provide those things post op. Um, okay. I am looking forward to some chipper young PT "teaching" me how to use all these aids!

PS: after looking at sock helpers, I just made my own out of random junk I had lying around. For this is the way of the Redneck People, as well as my ancestors, the Thrifty Scots.
 
Last edited:
@59billy nothing like good old redneck ingenuity! Nothing better than taking twine, baleing wire and duct tape making "art". You go!
 
I am so tired I'm stupid. I hope it's just from lack of sleep. I think I get a nap Tuesday.

Bad pain the last few nights; obviously don't want to dig into the oxy, but ow!
Sitting up is easier than lying down, so I've been sitting up in bed or in my armchair. Wish I'd gotten a recliner.

Oh well, only two more nights of this terrible old pain and then it'll be time for the exciting new pain!
 
Hang in there, @59billy . You're in the home stretch. I found a pillow between my knees and lying on my good side, with my knee pulled up a bit, relieved some of the pain during the last couple of weeks. You will just have to try a couple of positions. But honestly, nothing took it away.

Prayers for your peace of mind. You're almost there.
 
Oh Billy Boy! I am so excited for you to find your yellow brick road! You have been very patient, supportive and encouraging to all of us while dealing with what I know is so difficult. Keeping us all laughing has also been wonderful medicine :egypdance:

I will be thinking of you and wish the best for a pain free few days ahead. Don't get them giggling too much in the operating theatre or you will wind up with that thing on backwards and upside down!
 
Hang in there, @59billy . You're in the home stretch. I found a pillow between my knees and lying on my good side, with my knee pulled up a bit, relieved some of the pain during the last couple of weeks. You will just have to try a couple of positions. But honestly, nothing took it away.

Prayers for your peace of mind. You're almost there.

That's exactly the one position that kind of works! Told ya we were twins!

Oh Billy Boy! I am so excited for you to find your yellow brick road! You have been very patient, supportive and encouraging to all of us while dealing with what I know is so difficult. Keeping us all laughing has also been wonderful medicine :egypdance:

I will be thinking of you and wish the best for a pain free few days ahead. Don't get them giggling too much in the operating theatre or you will wind up with that thing on backwards and upside down!

Bet I could do some cool dance moves that way!

Thanks to both of you for the encouragement! It means a lot right now.
 
Last edited:
Oops...guess I missed a day...thought your surgery was tomorrow:blush:
PS: after looking at sock helpers, I just made my own out of random junk I had lying around. For this is the way of the Redneck People, as well as my ancestors, the Thrifty Scots.
That's how I did it. I iced with bags of peas and the grabber was hard for grabbing slick undies that had slipped to floor, so a hand shaped backscratcher of my sister's was drafted for an undy picker-upper. Worked like a charm!
Rednecks favorite exclamation "hey y'all, watch this."
Sister didn't want it back:shrug:
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom