THR VSlowLife's Recovery Thread

I spent my recovery in the skid proof socks all 4 times. It seemed more secure and easier than even sliding into shoes in between the recliner and getting up.

You sound like everything is settling down and you are doing well. Slow and steady steps walking will get that proper style re-established. Have a good night.

Yes, it has almost settled down.

You sound like everything is settling down and you are doing well.

Hoping the poop fairy visits today. Much grumbling going on. Pumpkin purée has not worked its magic. I could manage breakfast and lunch, but dinner needed to be small ( appetite). Still all going in the right direction.

I could feel the extra steps today. Keeping it slow, for sure. Limiting PT to the easiest movements for now.

I’m jealous! You got TWO sets of designer socks from the hospital? :heehee: I bought all sorts of non-skid slipper socks pre surgery and pretty much lived in them any time I was just in the house. Eagle eye hubby made sure I had them on. I, too, liked the feedback against the floor and felt more “clumsy” in the shoes. I had socks to match any outfit! Lol. Glad to hear things are getting back on track. I’m a journaler and Layla advice is great. It helps you keep track of progress week to week, month to month. Keep up the good work, be patient and kind to yourself. Continued healing blessings. ❤️ Pat

Yes! My feet are cold, so paint on rug, non-slip backing, will be here soon to use on some thicker, warmer socks.

Thank you! Working on re-training my leg/foot so it does not toe in. All the muscles involved have something to say.

I agree about the journaling!

Poop fairy arrived! :happydance:

I wanted to get back to you, when I felt better:

If I ever get my other hip done, I'll wear the non skid socks again until my first outing or until I'm feeling comfortable on my feet.

Thank you for your story regarding wearing non-skid socks. It makes sense. I ordered some non-slip rug paint, to apply to some warmer socks. I can see this will take a while.

Day 6 and I am trying out just 1/4 of my pain pill, with the scheduled, Tylenol, meloxicam, and ice. I can feel the muscle pain more than before, but I know it’s just pain from what was cut and manipulated. I will try to rest more today, than yesterday.

I have found the folded reacher stick to be one of my favorite tools. I keep it on my walker.

Hoping today you start seeing improvements in all areas. @VSlowLife

Thought I would tell you what my PT said last time. I too had developed some balance issues after months of waiting for my non union fracture to heal before moving to THR. She suggested spending half the day walking barefoot on carpet. The idea being that the carpet cushions your heals, and gives something for your feet to grab on to for balance. The other half of day to walk with tied trainers. Focusing on heal toe walking. I am doing the same again this time. I do have to enlist help with tying shoes, but more stable than slip ons.

Sending healing wishes! ❤️

If you're talking about the grabber above....there is a thread in the social area on the topic as it quickly becomes the most valued recovery aid for most members. My hubs had to coax me to use mine....several times before I gave it a try and once I realized it's value, Grabber and I were inseparable :loveshwr:

After all that...possibly you weren't even referencing your grabber above? :heehee::shrug:
I hope you get lots of rest today! :)

If you're talking about the grabber above....there is a thread in the social area on the topic as it quickly becomes the most valued recovery aid for most members.
This was an old one I inherited.

It has rubber cups at the end fro grabbing, similar to this one:

I have visited that forum and posted there, too.

Yep, that's the little treasure I was talking about.
I might bronze mine someday, lol, but right now it still comes in handy grabbing things that fall behind my nightstand, or in awkward or hard to reach places. Couldn't wait to get rid of the cane, walker, leg lifter etc but don't touch my grabber! :tantrum2:
@VSlowLife

Lovvvvvvvvvve my grabbers! Moved one out to the greenhouse to retrieve pesky little things that fall behind the staging. I still keep one in the laundry room to fish out flattened items from washer. But the toilet seat risers are banished to the attic for the next THR. :giggle:

Love grabbers. One upstairs, one by laundry , one in the garage and I actually have a fourth. A couple were gifts. The best part is my husband started grabbing them to pick things up in tight corners or from the floor so he does not have to bend (he is very tall). Two of mine even have a magnet on the tip so if I drop a small nail I can just pick it up without working on the grabby part.

I also use mine to dust the front of my kitchen cabinets at the top where I cannot reach (they are very tall and I am not). I'm with everyone else, never getting rid of my grabbers.

I got a grabber with my original hip kit and liked so much I bought two more on Amazon so I could have them in multiple areas I was likely to use them.

I have 2 style grabbers and a dressing stick. One grabber has the suction cup deals the other one is rigid and has one finger. The rigid one helped with socks especially getting them off.

Oh last night was not a good night! Muscles did that angry, deep
spasm thing, I had read about. All sorts of assorted other things went on. Was able to get back to sleep, but it took a while. 1/4 pain pill was not working for sure.

Not comfortable writing at the moment. If I feel better later I will continue.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jaycey
    ADMINISTRATOR Staff member since February 2011

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts