VSlowLife
post-grad
Log leg is beginning to leave me. Focusing on fluids. Still not much of an appetite. PT was here. It was gentle. Napped after. My BP is very good.
United States
Finally ate a normal size breakfast for me this morning! Also, only took 1/2 my pain medicine this morning. Still icing. I am on Meloxicam for a month, per my OS, and that maybe helping with the pain from swelling. Day 4 was better than Day 3. Today, Day 5 is looking promising, too, for being better than yesterday.
United States
I wonder though why your PT would want you in socks rather than shoes. I also used the slide-in shoes (skechers?) after my surgery, even around the house. I found that I needed the extra support while using the walker and crutches, and didn't feel as confident walking in socks or slippers. Maybe the socks will be better for you, but I would do as I felt comfortable, in spite of what PT says.I think it is because she saw me toeing in more, even with sliders. She wants me to use a shoe horn. It seems my right leg toes in more, now that I have a correct-shape femoral head, or maybe I learned it as part of my compensation, pre- surgery? She would rather I toe out, than in. I have to keep a towel rolled up between my legs when resting, too.I wonder though why your PT would want you in socks rather than shoes.
I agree with Stripey. I prefer shoes over the surgical socks because I like the arch support and extra skid resistant bottom. Also for me the shoes are easier to get on and off.
United States
United States
United States
I think it is because she saw me toeing in more, even with sliders. She wants me to use a shoe horn. It seems my right leg toes in more, now that I have a correct-shape femoral head, or maybe I learned it as part of my compensation, pre- surgery? She would rather I toe out, than in. I have to keep a towel rolled up between my legs when resting, too.
United Kingdom
. I got worried and just wanted to track how bad it really was, and follow when it started to get better. At 5 days out there was a 2 inch difference. By 10 days out the swelling was going down and less than 1 inch difference. Gave me hope when my op side felt like Kim Kardashian. You're on the way!
. Ps, I toed out and had to work on that through PT. It eventually resolved with some concentration. I also loved my Skechers slip on ballerina pumps, but can understand the trip hazards of shoes and perhaps the appeal of slipper socks with nonslip treads. Whatever works for you!Not a bad idea, thank you. Amazingly, the swelling has gone down quite a bit. It Is easier to move now. I do not need the leg lifter to lay in my bed, although most of the time I am in the recliner.I had actually measured my leg circumference, just above the knee, on both legs to compare when the swelling got bad!

I had actually measured my leg circumference, just above the knee, on both legs
I did measure. Day 5 and now only 1/4-1/2” difference.Amazingly, the swelling has gone down quite a bit. It Is easier to move now.
