Guest viewing is limited

THR VSlowLife's Recovery Thread

I am so glad you made it through, but so sad to see your dealing with pain and nausea. Did they try putting patches behind your ears yet? I had similar reaction during surgery with general. Hoping today is a little easier. I eventually ate saltines and dry toast and clear broth. Better than loosing lunch you know. Hugs to you friend. :console2:
 
Good Morning @VSlowLife
Sorry you're off to such a rough start. I'll bet it turns around soon.
Get lots of rest while you have the assistance of the hospital and until you're felling better. We'll be here.
Wishing you comfort. :console2:
 
I am so sorry you are having a hard time with nausea and pain. I hope they get you on an even keel soon. 3hr sleep sessions is nice especially being in hospital. I hope today is a brighter day for you.
 
Hi all! Thank you for your encouragement.

They doubled the Zofran. Its anti-nausea medicine in the IV. Still burping a bit and hoping breakfast stays down.
Sitting up at the side of the bed with the tray table in front of me if my pressure goes to low.

Sitting up more will help the gas in the intestines. Also I should have PT walk with me to help gas from anesthesia, which is making me throw up. May not go home today.

OT was here and had to stop after my blood pressure went down a bit.

All kinds of staff were here to decide how to proceed. I feel like it is slowly going in the right direction.
 
It sounds like they are getting the meds sorted out which is great. Might be the best place for another day till your blood pressure settles to a better number. I hope your day progresses well with no more issues.
 
I do hope you decided to stay an extra night. Except for the nausea, I had the same trouble with pain and swelling. I couldn’t subject my poor hubby to that and stayed another night. Make sure you get that leg up. Patch behind my ear helped with my arthroscopy when they had to give me more anesthesia than with THR. Sending you prayers for tame tummy, pain control, and more uninterrupted sleep. ❤️❤️❤️
 
Woohoo! Happy you've reached that turn around point. I don't know what it is about this surgery and the meds they use but I had nausea all that first day as well which I don't normally have. My BFF had to get the patch when they did her knee, only thing that kept her nausea at bsy.

Great news pain, nausea and blood pressure are under control so you can go home tomorrow! :happydance: :thumb:
 
That sounds positive. My first three days were rough too but much better from the forth. Make sure they give you enough pills to manage pain when you get home. Don’t push the physio either, all too easy to overdue it. Best of luck and welcome to the bright side.
 
Third day and I am feeling more human!
I don't know what it is about this surgery and the meds they use but I had nausea all that first day as well which I don't normally have.
Yes! Usually I do not have this reaction, either, but I guess it must have been a stronger type, to get through this surgery.

I have to admit, I can’t tell that I have an implant, except for the new pains.

I got a gander of my vaccuum sealed dressing today. Not bad looking. My temperature has not gone much above 98.1. So surprised. Maybe the icing has help?

The first step is a “Hello, you know you had surgery, so take it easy.”

PT and OT have been meticulous about teaching me movements. I am very grateful.

Home later today!
 
Good morning @VSlowLife Glad you are feeling improved and get to go home today. Very happy news on your temperature and blood pressure.

Hope your trip home is uneventful. I know you have prepared a great place to recover. Happy you are on your own healing journey.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom