THR VSlowLife's Recovery Thread

I figured out how to get my pain prescription filled in a timely manner since the hospital pain management team was not responding in a timely manner to my surgical nurse coordinator. I asked the nurse coordinator to call my local doctor and ask her to prescribe, while my OS was on vacation. That worked.
 
Help. I have a sharp, throbbing pain behind my knee, of the same leg, with the new RHR.

It started thie later part of the afternoon and I thought it might be as a result of a spasmed muscle. I iced it top and bottom and the intensity went away, but thought I should try 1 mg of tizanindine, at 9pm before going to sleep and see if it disappeared.

I just woke up. It is worse. Earlier in the afternoon, when my friend came over to help me, I was “rushing” with my walker for a bit, and I became short of breath.. I had no chest pain. It seemed odd, but I was moving more than I had in the last 9 days.

I tried to reproduce it. I could not. I am not coughing. My primary doctor, I just found out, does not have an emergency number. Wondering if I should call 911? Maybe I will call my insurance company nurse, next.

It’s has never looked redden, and it is swollen behind the knee more then the unoperated leg. I normally have a Baker!s Cyst behind each knee.
 
I would guess you just did too much today. It's not surprising to be out of breath if you have been rushing, I know I was completely out of shape after THR because I just couldn't move much due to the pain before my operation. Even showering left me out of breath.
 
Just got up and saw your message.
Did you try to call your surgeon right now?
Someone in the surgeons office should be on call all night long
If not, then I would go to an urgent care center to get it checked out if you are having a sharp throbbing pain behind the knee. Worried about a DVT. Better to be safe than sorry!
 
Last edited:
Sounds like you just did too much yesterday. Glad everything checked out in ER. Ice like crazy today and take your medication as prescribed, around the clock. Hope the pain has eased a bit.
 
The earlier shortness of breath with severe throbbing pain, with recent surgery, is what drove the decision to call 911 per my insurance nurse. I wish primary doctors had on call services, like they once did. Oh the good old days, before computers and coding.
 
I'm glad you got checked out, although I know you weren't exactly up to going anywhere, I'm sure. As leeja said, better safe than sorry and if nothing else...Peace of Mind, right?
Hope today is a peaceful Sunday...
:angel:
 
Yes, it was a risk I was not willing to take.
Our local ambulance is great, and the hospital is small so things were done quickly. They had to wake up the sonogram person in her home to come out here.
Peace of mind is best.
 
Here’s some inspiration for sleep during your recovery
[Bonesmart.org] VSlowLife's Recovery Thread
 
Good morning @VSlowLife . How is your recovery going ?
I hope your nausea has passed and the pain is easing day by day.
 
Oopsee. I just realised there are more than one page of your thread.
Glad to see you slept well even though it was only 2 hours. Take care.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom