VSlowLife
post-grad
My surgeon’s fellow just looked in on me. Dressing comes off in a week. Self dissolving stitches. Hard to believe it comes off in a week!
bonesmart.org
United Kingdom
I also went home, then major log leg / swelling kicked in till the end of the first week. But then, really started to see good progress, with the usual ups and downs and blues mixed in. No doubt about it, the first 7 days were definitely slug like and mostly in bed and lots of getting pampered. Well deserved! Congratulations, you are on your way!!! Rest and ice and elevate as much as you can, keep up the pain meds (don't try to be a hero) , and you will make good steady progress.
I can't wait to read your progress reports.
United States
United States



Thank you. Yes and small steps. Let the walker slide just a bit in front, I was told.Pace yourself. Rest and Ice.
United States
here today which is wonderful. I hope the sun is shining in your part of the world also. If not here is some just for you




United Kingdom
Sooo nice but I was remembering just the other day that it was a major ordeal at first. I was so exhausted I had to sit down and rest a couple of times before I finished drying my hair and doing a small slap of mascara and under eye concealer. It was a huge accomplishment when I could make it through shower mornings without having to rest along the way! You'll get there step by step, you're doing great!!! 


I just put my hair in a towel and took a long rest. No energy for make up,for a while now, but my daughter was my make-up artist in the hospital for discharge. That felt great!I was so exhausted I had to sit down and rest a couple of times before I finished drying my hair and doing a small slap of mascara and under eye concealer. It was a huge accomplishment when I could make it through shower mornings without having to rest along the way