Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR Vancouver USA Recovers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome, Linda! Don't overdo it on your first days home, rest and take care of yourself. I haven't made my journey yet but I think it might be easy to over estimate what you are capable of doing. You've been through a lot! Physically and emotionally. Just enjoy being home :)
 
I was so glad to see your posting. Hang in there, beginning recovery is so very difficult. It seems that things will never get better, and then you realize that things actually ARE better. Take advantage of the lessons available at the rehab facility and know that when you do go home you will be strong and better able to tackle independence.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Sounds like you are doing well! I just can't imagine having a bi and think you are brave to have done so. Now it's all done but the dancing!
 
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!! :yay:Rest and then update us on how things are now that you are home!!!!:yay:
 
Cheers!!!!! Keep us posted on your recovery. So glad you're going home!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
So glad you're home! Hope you have a quiet, restful evening!!
 
Hope all is well and you have slept restfully in your own bed!


RTKR - 9th December, 2013

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
:happydance:Left rehab Wed morn and went directly to surgeon. Lots of walking and had to have x-rays, get up on the table, get staples out, etc. I was exhausted when I got home and then had some challenges :groan:adjusting to the situation at home. I slept and things looked better and I figured out that if I spread my legs like a giraffe it was easier to get on/off my toilet seat which is raised but not as high as the ones at rehab. I slept in the recliner but it was the best sleep since surgery.

Today I had my first out-patient PT. Again with getting dressed, walking a ways into the place and then an hour of exercise and ice. He urged me to push myself but wasn't pushy if you know what I mean. It was okay! They all say I have very good extension and the flexion is easier to come by so I should have no problems. Let's hope so. I came home and slept a good long time:sleep: and I'm feeling pretty good now. Tomorrow I have an appt with primary care doc and then no appointments for 3 days - hooray! I'm so happy to be home and thru the "firsts" of so many things. Now just lots of patience.:SUNsmile:
 
So glad to hear all is well with you today! Each day will get better now. Keep us updated on your progress, ok?
 
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((BIG-HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))):happydance::happydance::happydance:
So so happy for you!!!! Sounds like you are finally able to rest and enjoy the comforts of home!!!
See about gettting one of those raised toilet seats! That has been a LIFE SAVER for me!! Maybe your son could run get one for you!!!
Keep us posted we all love hearing from you! Again WELCOME HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes!:
 
So happy for you


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Congratulations on making it through. I am struggling with one knee replacement so you are so brave having both done. Rest as much as you can. I cannot believe how tired I feel just going to the bathroom. this is definitely the most challenging surgery for me, even after the fusion surgery I was able to get reasonably comfortable. This is much more difficult.
Take care, we are all thinking of you. Considering I was in hospital for 10 days for my tkr I think you are doing amazingly well.
 
So glad you made it home and things are going well. You've been through a lot. Just take it easy and don't overdue it And enjoy yourself while not having any appts.
 
Congrats on being home and on your way. :)
 
So glad to hear that you made it home! I remember how exhausted I would get just getting dressed. Things get better! Hope things go well for you.
 
@VancouverUSAgal How are you doing friend?? Just wanted to check in on you to see how things are progressing since you've been home! Hope all is well!!!:yes:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom