PKR UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

Just measured... flexion is at 80.

Skin is itchy on the surgical leg. Itching is on ankle, calf and back of knee, not near incision. Is this normal? Maybe it's cold weather, but no where else on me is itchy. Can I put something on to stop the itching?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if it's itching because the skin is a bit dry? Sometimes, the lotions they put on your leg before surgery make your skin dry. Try some ordinary moisturiser and see if that helps - but keep it well away from your incision.
 
Just measured... flexion is at 80.

Skin is itchy on the surgical leg. Itching is on ankle, calf and back of knee, not near incision. Is this normal? Maybe it's cold weather, but no where else on me is itchy. Can I put something on to stop the itching?

I used organic coconut oil as soon as they removed the big bandage. It's amazing stuff, and a natural antibacterial moisturizer.
 
Did you have glue? I've noticed some people who've had glue on experince itchiness.
 
@KarriB - not that I'm aware. I have dissolvable stitches. It's weird that the itches part is my ankles. I put Vaseline w/ coco butter. It has seemed to help. @McKelly I have some Palmer's Coconut Oil, wonder that would work.
 
@UACats70 i have no ideas what awaits me after these bandages come off but those wipes i used the night before and morning of surgery were making me itch like crazy.
 
Day 6 - Working from home today. Woke up feeling pretty good. Slept from midnight to 7:30 am (was binge watching Netflix). I hadn't taken an oxy since 11 pm. Took one anyway, just to be safe. Walking around the house without crutches. Only walking around for 5 minutes at a time. When I'm seated, I'm elevating and icing. I'm going to call the OS today about getting off the Oxycodone. I don't like the side effects. I'd really prefer prescription strength ibuprofen, which I know is not recommended when on an Aspirin regimen. We'll see what he says.
 
When I was ready to ease off the oxycodone I began skipping a dose here and there, mostly when I knew I'd be icing/elevating. You can also try taking just half, to see if your pain is managed.
 
My doc had me on oxy for the first couple of weeks, then stepped down to hydrocodone. The key thing early on is to keep on a schedule, even if you're spreading out the doses, to keep the pain from getting too bad. If it really takes hold it's harder to get it back down.
 
@kneeper I took 2 oxycodone 5/325 at 11pm and one at 7:30am. I feel OK right now. If all goes well, I'll take one around 2pm and hopefully one before bed.
 
Sounds like a plan.
 
Give it a try and if the pain starts to set in, stiffness, burning, achiness, take something before it gets bad.
 
Back
Top Bottom