Guest viewing is limited

PKR UACats Navio Robotics PKR - Jan 4

Glad you're doing well with your recovery and found your sweet spot with the meds. Take it easy and rest, ice and elevate. It's been an enormous help for me.
 
Hubby wants me to go to the pub with him tomorrow to watch the Packers v Giants game. I can sit with my leg on a chair and we won't be walking. He thinks it would be good for me to get out of the house because I'm a little stir crazy. Do you guys think I should?
I think you'll be miserable and uncomfortable.

Your first outing should be a short drive to somewhere nice, or out for a quick coffee, somewhere you can prop your leg up and leave early if you feel uncomfortable.

At only one week after surgery, you should be spending almost all your time resting, icing, elevating and taking your pain medications on schedule.

Have another look at this article, to see what activity you should expect to be doing:
Activity progression for TKRs
 
I have to agree with Celle that it's probably a bit early for a long outing like that. But if you just can't stand it and want to try, just make sure your hubby understands that your knee rules and head home at the first sign of discomfort. I like Karri's idea of maybe watching the game with friends, though. You could lie on the couch with your leg up and iced. Is that a possibility?

You're the first person I have known with a Pelaton. Do you like it? I think it looks like an awesome bike.
 
@Jamie we also have a Peloton. We bought ours in mid December and have absolutely loved it. My wife rides is about 6x per week. I can't wait to get back on it. It will be a key component of my recovery.
 
Thanks for the advice everyone. At this point I'm not sure we will be going at all. I slept from 11-7am out of sheer fatigue. Missed taking pain meds at 4am, woke up in a lot of pain. Not sure how long it will take to get back on track.

@Jamie I don't use the peloton, but will for recovery. Husband has it set up with custom seat and pedals for clip in shoes.

P.s. Go Pack Go
 
So, got up to use the bathroom and ankle is really swollen, is this normal?
 
Yes, some have swelling down to the ankle. Be sure you're elevating toes above nose to get that swelling down. It may be a response to the 2000 steps as it can take a while to recover from over doing.
 
I think it might be because while I was sleeping, I must have pushed the pillows off the sofa so my leg was not elevated at all while I slept.

Icing and elevating now.
 
That could be, I found it difficult to elevate while sleeping also.
 
auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170108_5c81f7adab9704a4acf495182ae40d2e.jpg


auploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20170108_f930e83bcb4ae63238749849f232baaf.jpg
 
Glad too see your doing well. Hang in there.
 
So, yesterday sucked. Swelling was really bad. I don't think I was elevating enough, plus pushing pillows out of the way when I slept. Last night kept my leg super elevated, like I was in traction. Had Alexa wake me up at 2am to take pain meds. Slept from 11:30pm-7am (other than the 5 mins to take meds at 2am).

Today, laying on the sofa, leg properly elevated, ice machine running and working from home. Have advised company that my replies might be delayed or may contain gibberish depending on pain and meds. :D
 
@UACats70 ok, I'm gonna have to get Alexa set up today. I got one for Christmas but haven't really messed with it. Was kinda thinking that it couldn't do anything my phone can't do but it sounds like you are getting a lot of use out of yours.
 
@mbrown I like it. Especially if you don't have your phone within arms reach or can't find your glasses.
 
Day 5 post-op, working from home is going OK. I did get very sleepy just after noon. Other than that, so far so good.
 
When you feel sleepy, take that nap. It's your body telling you it needs a rest. After all, most of your energy is still going towards healing your knee. There isn't much left for other activities.
 
Back
Top Bottom