Guest viewing is limited

TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They totally flatten out. Nice staple job and well done on not needing the bucket.



I am looking forward to going home but have a 90# new dog (only have had him 2 1/2 months) who is a love bug and wants to be close so trying to figure out how that will go. For my last knee I still had my 16-1/2 yo large dog but she was way past jumping nad pushing and was very empathetic.
Look at you just had your knee done and you are holding my hand! How are you doing.
 
I think they just flatten out. Since mine came out yesterday, I've got the right leg looking nice and flat with a little dip at the bottom, while the left one looks bumpier, I think someone was practising on that, ! :yikes: but both look flatter already, than they did straight after staple removal.
Glad to hear that I thought I was going to have to add a caterpillar to my bee tattoos on my knees!
 
I had to Google "whack-a-doodle!" Tell him it as it is and you'll be OK! Really, they don't read between the lines, just say....I hurt, I really hurt, I really really hurt!!.....I'm in pain.....BoneSmart says, RICE.....

No, I don't need to EXERCISE!!

My Ds thought medical intervention mean you came home better, all mended!! Like new!!:yay:

Sue.
 
leejaa I hope that big ol' 90# dog isn't a lap dog! I used to have one (big ol' black lab girl) who thought she was, and she took a flying leap at me one time while I was in the recliner and turned us over when she landed in my lap. So there we were -- me on my back with my legs and the foot part of the recliner in the air, and she sitting on my chest licking at me lovingly with her tail going like mad. My son came in to see what all the crashing and screeching was about, and all he could do was laugh until he about burst (it must have been a VERY funny picture, indeed). It took him a few seconds to get his laughing under control before he could get us up. Fortunately no one was injured, the dog had a great time and was quite proud of herself. It WAS pretty funny all right, tho I do not recommend 90 pounds of dog sitting on your chest!

Peace and love to you.
 
I see some of my best Bonesmarty friends have made friends too. I wish I lived in the US although my mum came from your country, I've never been.
Wish you were in the US too, we were there, or...... you get the picture. :)
 
He is not a jumpy lap dog but is a pawer to get your attention and then he puts one paw on and then the next. Also, he has no idea of his size so as he goes past you he can run into you at times if he does not pick the side that has space. I think the walker will help there but the paw on an incision will be an issue. Also, he wants to be right next to you when you are trying to get up or down or sitting with legs down and we know that I cannot sit or get back into chair quickly or easily. We will see how the week end goes and then decide if he will have to stay tied outside while I am home alone. He is such a love bug. My husband claims he will know I am injured and will behave but I am not believing this since he is so needy to be touched and loved.
 
He is not a jumpy lap dog but is a pawer to get your attention and then he puts one paw on and then the next. Also, he has no idea of his size so as he goes past you he can run into you at times if he does not pick the side that has space. I think the walker will help there but the paw on an incision will be an issue. Also, he wants to be right next to you when you are trying to get up or down or sitting with legs down and we know that I cannot sit or get back into chair quickly or easily. We will see how the week end goes and then decide if he will have to stay tied outside while I am home alone. He is such a love bug. My husband claims he will know I am injured and will behave but I am not believing this since he is so needy to be touched and loved.
The last thing you want is a 90 lb love bug jumping on your new knee :yikes:
 
Definitely, I will be very careful. This is too hard to get through without doggy complications.
 
PT came out today and she noted that I do not use my walker or any other device around the house! I am at 95 and -2. She said I look much better then two days ago! Tomorrow is the big day, I am transitioning to my home for a week before the next surgery. I have stairs!
 
Mine hasn't got aspergers, but he has just thrown a hissy fit, because my daughter who has a 21 month old and a 4 week old is struggling tonight, because her husband who is a real hands on dad had to stay out at work all day and evening tonight. So she rang for a bit of reassurance and mother comfort,and interrupted our tv watching by 15 mins! Big deal. Pre op I would have taken the call in another room. He thinks she should have been more considerate, calling at this time (9pm) as he is so tired working his socks off looking after me!! You can tell she is not his daughter. Oh the joys of second relationships. His daughter doesn't call half as much as mine, she'll be calling her own mother, perhaps he feels that. At first I was sympathetic to the tiredness as he had been up a ladder all afternoon pruning climbing roses, but when he said he was tired looking after me, I would have burst out laughing, if that would not have made him madder, and rant on longer...anyway he soon ran out of steam and fell asleep!! I mean what is he doing looking after me? I am paying for a cleaner to come in for 3hours a week, so all he is doing is cooking and washing up which he would have to do for himself anyway, if he was alone, and watch me come down and go up the stairs, and help with the ted stockings! I'm not demanding, I don' keep asking for things. If he wants to know what it is really like looking after someone, he should try a shift as a nurse!!
Rant over, thanks for letting me vent! Feel better for that...ah...
 
Leeja, what you say is so true....I'm just waiting for dh to expect more of me, but I know this is going to take time... I guess if he is so tired looking after me it is because he is missing my doing all the things I used to do!!

And Janis, it is great that you have been able to develop a phlegmatic attitude to Craig's behaviour, and can laugh about it. Sometimes if we didn't laugh we would cry!

And Dabber start saving your pennies, the US is great to visit, so many beautiful places to see and so much to do,and the shopping is great and the food can be pretty yummy too! Love real hamburgers !I would love to go again, better start saving too! You must have relatives there you could stay with? My husbands sister lives in New Jersey. :flwrysmile:
And raQia...I think we had better work on our wobbly thighs a bit before we start bringing out the micro skirts!! :whistle: I think it will be maxi skirts for me for a bit!!
 
interrupted our tv watching by 15 mins!

Call the cops! Alert the authorities! :rotfl: WTH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You should'a busted out laughing, it's good for the soul!

I guess if he is so tired looking after me it is because he is missing my doing all the things I used to do!!

THAT'S what he's missing TRUTH BE TOLD! :yes: You've been home all of 5 minutes! :hairpulling:

On a lighter note... Can't wait to actually do get together! I want a micro mini KRS renunion, so I better get to work on my Thunder and Lightning thighs. :dancy:
 
I have stairs!

Good goes up, bad goes down. You should've seen me saying this in the beginning. I hope you get everything you need before you go upstairs, or visa versa. :doh:SERIOUSLY act like the floor is on fire and you are in the safety zone. Save them for your exercise, or learn how to "booty scoot." lol
 
I mean what is he doing looking after me? I am paying for a cleaner to come in for 3hours a week, so all he is doing is cooking and washing up which he would have to do for himself anyway, if he was alone, and watch me come down and go up the stairs, and help with the ted stockings! I'm not demanding, I don' keep asking for things. If he wants to know what it is really like looking after someone, he should try a shift as a nurse!!

You go girl! :dancy:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom