Guest viewing is limited

TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are his parents NT? Elderly and AS is not a good combination. Do you have the same OS? Could someone talk to him and ask him to wait?
You have my sincere sympathy.
Sue :friends:
Lol his whole family is a bit off but they are in their early 70 and healthy and active. We have different OS, problem with AS is he does not see how this impacts me at all. He says his is all financial because our out of pocket has been met and with all the insurance changes looming he does not know what type coverage we will have next year. He never see the impact for others.

Yesterday, he ordered the male version of a pair of glasses he knew I was going to get. He picked up a pair of glasses I had ordered and the office had put in MY bag a brochure about a second pair of glasses I found. I told the office I would come back after my second surgery. He saw the brochure in my bag, took it out, looked at it and the saw the men's version and ordered them! I said really! Are we going to start wearing matching sweaters! They are very stylized they have temple that are changeable so if we both wear them it would be obvious .... :gaah:
 
Can he wait longer, how bad is his knee. You need more time for both of your knees to heal. Does his doctor know about your surgeries. Talk to his doctor, tell him he won't have anyone to take care of him. He should postpone it till next year. How old are his parents. Hang in there.
his parents are 72-74 and his 42 year old sister lives in the same house. He was told three years ago he needed surgery, he went though pre-op and backed out. He claims watching me has motivated him
 
:headbang: I know this is hard , especially that he needs the surgery. Has he seen the video of the actual surgery. :no-fin:Would he be able to watch it. Maybe it will help him understand what you are going through. Is his doctor aware of your surgeries. Talk to his doctor, you will be the one taking care of him. Maybe he can go into rehab after. Hang in there. :console2:
 
Sounds like it is going to happen whatever you think or feel especially with the extra emotional upheaval healing brings. I am sorry. With his sister living with his parents also, it would seem the best place for him to recover and you could continue on your journey of recovery without impact to you. If you cannot change what will happen, all you can do is prepare for it the best you can which sounds like you already have. Take care of yourself.
 
my Aspie husband Craig has decided to get his knee done now, scheduled for Oct. 30, 2013 :hissy:

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! JEALOUS MUCH! :hissy: I wanna say other stuff, but since he'll soon be a member here I'll play nice. :gaah: It'll serve him right though. Now he'll see what you're really going through. :yes:

Hopefully his parents will take him in. :beg:
 
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! JEALOUS MUCH! :hissy: I wanna say other stuff, but since he'll soon be a member here I'll play nice. :gaah: It'll serve him right though. Now he'll see what you're really going through. :yes:

Hopefully his parents will take him in. :beg:

They said he can stay there! WooHoo
 
Jsankowski
Great to see your posts. I gives me a lift to hear you so positive. I go in the 18th and hubby and I are very busy getting the house and things ready for our home recovery, he will be my 24 hour rock and nurse for two weeks, along with my home health nurse visits and PT visits. I will look forward to reading all your posts. so please keep up the good work.
lookingforward Nanc
 
Hey Sue, I haven't forgotten about Skype. I'm just doing every darn thing under the sun right now to get ready for Wednesday. :scary:

I NEED to stay off of this site, that'll help.. but it's like Crack! :rotfl: So I've heard. :skep: lol Seriously, this site is like online dating without the heartache and disappointment. :yes:
 
Maybe it will all work out okay. You can have peace and quiet to continue recovering on your own and should be doing pretty good at that point (but NOT good enough to take care of him:rolleyes: ).

All I can say is you must have a lot of patience! Hang in there.
 
Today I venture out of the house with a friend we went to a friend's yard sale, I sat and then we went to lunch. I realize I have a good 3.5 hours window before I need to get home and get her iced and elevated. Knee was swollen and red but it is nice to venture out and learn to negotiate different terrains. Funny seeing the response of my staples. :yikes: I actually saw someone who had been facing me move their chair to the opposite side of the table so that their back was to me and they did not have to look at my leg. Don't know of any other reason for them to swap seats. Saw a kid do the cringe face! Lol! Can not believe I am doing this again in 5 days! I must be cuckoo bananas! :rolleyes:
 
Maybe it will all work out okay. You can have peace and quiet to continue recovering on your own and should be doing pretty good at that point (but NOT good enough to take care of him:rolleyes: ).

All I can say is you must have a lot of patience! Hang in there.
Lol! My husband always says to me you have no patience!
 
Jsankowski
Great to see your posts. I gives me a lift to hear you so positive. I go in the 18th and hubby and I are very busy getting the house and things ready for our home recovery, he will be my 24 hour rock and nurse for two weeks, along with my home health nurse visits and PT visits. I will look forward to reading all your posts. so please keep up the good work.
lookingforward Nanc
Well I will tell you I wasted money on some things. Did not need the leg covering for showers, I had a waterproof dressing and did not use it. The picker upper thing, did not use I can bend over or it is quicker to ask someone for help The leg lifter used maybe twice, it is better to get strange looks. :loll: My daughter asked me why I had a riding crop! I said I have permission to spank people that are not helpful! :yahoo: So bend over Missy! I think I could have done fine with ice bags or gel packs did not really need Cyro cuff. Best thing was a pad of paper and pen always at my bedside and setting my alarm on my phone for medications. I had Smooth Move tea and Magnesium Citrate for pooping issues. I also like having butt and facial wipes.
 
Paper and pen, wipes, phone and charger plugged in so handy to recharge. In hospital biscuits to have before meds if necessary. I have 5 gel packs and needed every one, that pillow stack....had to send Dh around the house to collect enough. A back support pillow. My big thing was trying to prevent pressure sores....mattress topper and chair cushion.
 
Paper and pen, wipes, phone and charger plugged in so handy to recharge. In hospital biscuits to have before meds if necessary. I have 5 gel packs and needed every one, that pillow stack....had to send Dh around the house to collect enough. A back support pillow. My big thing was trying to prevent pressure sores....mattress topper and chair cushion.
What in the heck is a hospital Biscuit? Oh and a plain ole' extension cord I found most outlets were behind my bed and my chargers were not within my reach
 
Ha ha, in hospital, biscuits. I asked for a wheat free diet in hospital. They were really good about it but I had to send out for my own biscuits. Yes, the positioning of power points in hospital seems to be not very patient friendly.
 
By biscuits, I'm assuming you're referring to what we Americans call cookies?
 
Can not believe I am doing this again in 5 days! I must be cuckoo bananas! :rolleyes:
No, you want to walk without pain. You're doing what you need to for that and I'll be thinking of you as you go in again in a few days.:console2:

I have not used my walker or cane for two days
:yay: Wow, I'm impressed by that!:beer:

did not really need Cyro cuff
Glad to hear that because I elected to order the wrap-around and fasten with velcro ice packs to save money. Of course I spent a tidy sum on the recliner but I'm already enjoying that. Yesterday I fell asleep in it and had a 1-1/2 hour nap (have to practice up you know).:heehee:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom