TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Janis, I hope all is well with you. Lee
 
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Ma! Just checking on you. You're Dr is right we gotta keep moving or it stiffens up. The problem arises when you move too much and it stiffens up. It's a vicious cycle with a weird balance. I was having a kneeeasy day after several rough ones, then I did some of my stretches and voila :tada: Ooow! Cuz she's got Brick...kne-ees! :rotfl:

The good news is that today is Friday and it's a "Swap your Medication for Information Weekend!" OOOoa Oooa! :egypdance: :egypdance: :martini: :martini: :egypdance: :egypdance:

Hear Hear! :cheers2:
 
Hey all I am still alive and still fighting! I am now wearing a Empi Advance Dynamic ROM brace at night to try and gain some extension in my left knee. I like the brace because it is gentle. When I was fitted with it they started at 2 lbs of tension. The rep. for Donjoy talked for awhile and then ask so how does the brace feel? I said well it is tolerable. He said well then we need to turn it down to 1.5 lbs. Every 4 days I turn it up .5 lbs. Last night was the first night I wore it and I was able to sleep with it on.

After the MUA and then 2 weeks later the scope and lateral release I am still at -5. I do not go to physical therapy anymore I go to physical torture 4 days a week. Biggest problem I have is I guard so bad that when I do my extension exercises my quads go into muscle spasms...so I am also now on muscle relaxers. PT and OS can get my knee to 0 but it does not stay and if I try to do it I can not get it past -5. Pretty apparent aggressive therapy does not work for me. It plain sucks! I also go once a week and have a lymph drainage massage which works fantastic with the swelling in my left knee.

My husband had both his knees replaced Nov. 1st and 4th and he is doing great both his knees are at 0 and he has 95 and 100 degrees flexion. He is just exhausted and has no giddy up! I told him perfectly normal. OS said he might be able to be back at work in another month. I am still working from home and hope to be back in the office by January 1st which will be 16 weeks ...arghhhh
 
Hi Janis, I am new to this board. It looks like you have been through so so much. I wish you good luck in your recovery and many blessings are with you.
 
Hi Janis, I am new to this board. It looks like you have been through so so much. I wish you good luck in your recovery and many blessings are with you.
. Welcome chestnc! Thank you for the wishes ... Stick a fork in me I am done with all this knee drama! how are you doing with your knee?
 
Hi Janis, thank you so much for asking. I was fine in the beginning once I got the right pain management medication going. Week three I said to myself maybe I could back to work sooner. Weeks four and five pain started to increase maybe because I was moving around more. Now it is up and down. Some days good some not so good.. But I am on top of it with the pain medication and icing.
 
Wow mama, I had no idea you've been through so much... An MUA and a scope! I am so sorry. :console2: 'm praying things lighten up for you and you're able to ditch Physical "torture" I finally just said NO THANK YOU to my physical therapist. He gave me great exercises to do, but the weights that he added to my routine would send me backwards every time. I went to him with the hopes of a manual approach, but he only use his hands once and the rest is all about him barking out exercises. I liked him but, I can't pay to be told what to do. I just need the discipline to do it myself.

I'm thinking about calling my old In-home p/t and see if I can pay here to come for 30 min of massage therapy. Even if it's only once a week, it will come in handy once I return to work on Monday. Yeah, I just said that out loud. :scary: it'll be painful and exhausting but I gotta go back sometime. :scare:

Hoping you had a great Thanksgiving and your knee stretches on out for ya.
 
Just wondering Janis did your husband have same Dr, hospital , therapy ... As you did ? What muscle relaxers work for you ? I hope you are doing well .
 
Just wondering Janis did your husband have same Dr, hospital , therapy ... As you did ? What muscle relaxers work for you ? I hope you are doing well .
My husband had a different surgeon, same practice, both of our surgeons are top notch. They say one issue I have is I heal very fast and I lay down a lot of scar tissue. My right knee's scar is ugly but it moves great. I use Flexeril.

I will say, since I started using the brace and muscle relaxer I am gaining extension! I am walking better and if I push really hard I can get to 0 with the left knee!!! Tomorrow it will be 1 week with the brace. My right knee is crazy good, I am 130 /0. I can even cross my knee!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom