Guest viewing is limited

TKR Two TKR in two weeks---let the fun begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I was a little late finding your message, now I'm ready for sleep... Lol it's hard to be online the same time, when I am so far under you..lol.
Your drugs sound like a great cocktail, are you sharing any.? Thinking of you at your phisio, don't over do it. Off to la, la land I hope, every night this is my wish, doesn't always happen. See you tomorrow.
 
Frogameni did my knee and the new Wild Wood hospital

I've heard really good things about Wildwood. I had both of mine at St. Anne's with Dr Foetisch. I had a femoral block as well and thought it was fabulous! They said I could go home with the catheter and pump, but I decided not to do that... I thought it would be best to have pain med routine in place before I left.
 
this current nurse is a pain I have to call her and remind her of everything. :shrug:

lol I had a nurse who screwed up my IV (something that is hard as hell to get in in the first place! :hairpulling:) Then she kept coming in my room pestering me. Finally she asked me if she did something to offend me. lol Reeeeally, I just had major surgery and you're wondering about your feelings. :headbang: Unbelievable! I told her not really, the IV thing messed me up. What I wanted to say is, I'M REALLY NOT THINKING ABOUT YOU RIGHT NOW!! When she left I prayed her, AND MYSELF. lol Turns out she needed someone to talk to. Um, :umm:wrong side of the bed lady. I'm on drugs! lol May she NOT be on duty when I go back. :beg:

Hope all goes well with your P/T :yes!:

Oh, I do have a question about your blood thinners. How's that gonna work along with the next surgery you have scheduled? I know they made me stop taking a bunch of stuff and I discovered a lot of my supplements and herbal meds were blood thinners too. Maybe they'll have you stop in a week or so. :what:

Running to the Dr now, I'll check in on you later. :flwrysmile:
 
Fantastic Janis, you are making wonderful progress.
Hopefully you can get home tomorrow.
Take it gently and I hope you sleep better tonight.
Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :egypdance:
 
[Oh, I do have a question about your blood thinners. How's that gonna work along with the next surgery you have scheduled? I know they made me stop taking a bunch of stuff and I discovered a lot of my supplements and herbal meds were blood thinners too. Maybe they'll have you stop in a week or so.
I will be on them 10 days, three days later I will have my surgery and go back on after.

Today I had an Anesthesiologist ask me how the Femoral Block was working out. I started to explain that the nurses felt my dressing was too tight and was causing swelling which I felt was causing me pain. He interrupted me and said I do not really care about the dressing being too tight. I said "please listen to me and perhaps you should care because since the dressing was removed the Femerol Block was working better and the nurse was able to reduce the amount delivered." He looked like I slapped his face, lol! When I was done he said thank you and apologized. Don't screw with me when I had no sleep lol! :headbang:
 
That's what I'm sayin' You Let him KNOW! Brought the finger out on him. :no-fin: lol A co-worker and would say, you went "Wu Tang!" on him. :yes: If you're unfamiliar w/that group/song, I'll explain it in a private message. lol
 
Good for you and good for him for apologizing.
 
You sound in great spirits, Janis. Yay for no catheter! I decided to ask them for one as I detest bedpans...I always seem to have to have the sheets changed after using one as it always seems to tip on it's way out of the bed...sigh. Plus, I have to pee a LOT after surgery and with an IV and hate having to ring for a nurse every 30 minutes to pee. So I plan to have one for the first 24 hours or so, until I'm able to walk to the toilet.
Any idea when you are going to go home? Keep up the good work and do it on your terms. Kim
 
You sound in great spirits, Janis. Yay for no catheter! I decided to ask them for one as I detest bedpans..
Kim, It is automatic here first 24 hours. You don't need to ask. :shrug: Looks like I will be going home around 1:30 tomorrow...I am ready I need to sleep! :zzz:
 
Wow janis you are doing so well! Congrats on your progress. That's an amazing rom. So glad you are going to be able to go home to moms good care,sounds asif you need to what with angst ridden and neglectful nurses and patronising anaesthetists ! But you socked it to em! I'm proud of you! What a strong woman you are! You are going to be well up for no. 2 in two weeks time. I am so sorry about the lack of sleep. That must be awful. It is a blessing for me, I have slept really well, that is why I haven't minded staying the extra days. They close the door, lights are right out, and they do not disturb me. They don't rush me up in the morning either! Do hope you had a better and pain free night last night. :egypdance:
 
Hey Janis,
Congrats on your new knee had my done on 9/5 had second surgery to replace drain on 9/7 doing fine today I am at home just got done doing my exercising.now resting an trying to catch up on everyone. Hope you are doing ok will keep my eyes on you. Take care!
A friend Linda
 
Hopefully you're all packed up and ready to GO HOME!!!! YAY! :yay: Don't forget to go Wu Tang on anybody who made need a dose before you go! :rotfl:
 
So yesterday started out pretty crappy I think I over did the physical therapy and the nurses and I figured out how to get me on my side to sleep so I crashed! When I woke up I was stiff and grumpy. I did not want to leave and being in my drug induced crabby self I over reacted to everything. My inner scared 2 year old emerged. "Fine, you want me to leave today get my clothes together I do not need any PT!" " Craig, you need to pick me up now, they are kicking me out!" "What do you care what my pain level is YOU ARE KICKING ME OUT!

I decided to stay at my friends house, it is a one story, ADA complaint house. The previous owners were 90 year old spinster sisters. the shower is walk in, there is a small ramp outside, rails in bathroom and tall toilet. Craig got me home and all settled in and when I woke up I had a new perspective. Baby Janis has crawled back into her hole! Day two of sleep has brought more relief. I can get up out of bed by myself but I have a bell if I need help. I am icing and I set my phone alarms to go off when I need medication. Well I am getting sleepy will post later.
 
Go girl, you can do it...sleep tight.
Keep up your pain killers, I thought I could cut them down very early after surgery, you can't, I had to learn the hard way. I'm a slow learner. Lol.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom