Revision TKR Turtle's Revision scheduled for July 19, 2016

Mutley Dabber leejaa Jamie - Thanks for all your good wishes. Yes I have bee resting. We're going to friends for Thanksgiving and I'm on the couch icing and elevating as my Marie Cellender apple pie bakes in the oven. I am just so grateful I didn't hurt myself and for so many things, BS friends have been a lifesaver for me,and I wish you all a happy turkey day. We are also celebraating our 45th wedding anniversary Saturday.

Dorothy :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Happy Anniversary early. Glad you are resting today and will be able to take it easy. Have a great day. Happy Thanksgiving. Lee

Happy Christmas Dorothy,
I hope you have a lovely relaxing day.
Here's hoping that 2014 will be a happy and healthy year for you,
Hugs, Toothfairy x
:kitty chris::xmas-kitty::xmas-tree::xmas-merry:

@Toothfairy, Merry Christmas to you and your family. Enjoy those grandbabies, and here's to a healthy, happy and prosperous 2014.

:mer xm:
Dorothy

@Toothfairy Thank you for all of your good wishes and support. Best wishes for a healthy, happy, and prosperous New Year. Enjoy your Boxing Day as well.

Dorothy

Hi all, here's to a relaxing evening after a wonderful Christmas Eve and day. I've been so busy I just realized it's been 10 months and 3 days since my TKR. Moving, shopping, and entertaining must be good PT. Went to our daughters 3 story home for Christmas brunch today (where we lived for 3 months and I could not go downstairs normally), and without even thinking I found myself going downstairs normally. Great Christmas gift. Still a little tightness in the quads and swelling at the end of a busy day, but dealing mostly with lower back, which I am confident will get better as I begin to work on core strength.

It's been a lovely Christmas season, and being a part of Bonesmart has made it an exceptional one. Thank you to all of the moderators, administrators, and friends who have been such an essential part of our recoveries, and have taught me so much about patience and gratitude.

Hugs, Dorothy:xmas-kitty::gbhouse::xmas-tree:

@patient 99 @Dabber @Mutley @Toothfairy @Jamie @maryo52 @Josephine @Bionic woman2 @RunA42K and to all my other BoneSmart friends - I am 11 months post RTKR today and thought it was about time I posted on my own thread with an update, especially to maybe help those, like me who are having a long,slow recovery. I was perusing my thread a little bit and, indeed I have made significant progress in the last month. I have finally seen the light after a long bout with major depression, UTI's one after the other and have recently been more active than I have been in at least two years.

Still icing and elevating at the end of the day when necessary. Went to Macy's today (where I hadn't been to a department store since April), shopped for a couple of hours, went to Weight Watchers, then lunch, and then to Costco. Needless to say, I am now icing and elevating, but will be up and active shortly.

One of my guilty pleasures has been shopping for clothes. We are going on a 7-day cruise on Saturday, there are 80 of us going from our community, and shopping for new clothes has been so much fun - I have lost 40 lbs. since my TKR, now have my appetite back, and hopefully the motivation to keep it off will stay with me. That's why I went back to WW. I am still under goal, and it dawned on me this morning losing weight is another reason why I finally feel so great.

I want to give encouragement to all those who are struggling, I know I still have a ways to go, with a possible revision because of a loose PCL, but I do find that the exercise I have finally started (water and chair exercise and yoga) are helping with the laxity of my knee. If you read through my thread you will know that I have had a lot going on during the past year, including muscle pulls, major depression, pneumonia, moving twice, and I would not have made it this far without the help of the advisors and friends I have made on this Forum. You all have no idea how much has it had helped and encouraged me, along with providing much information that cannot be found anywhere else on the internet and certainly not through our OS.

I do want a new name for my thread so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Again, thanks to all of you for all your help. Too many names to mention but I think of you all every day, even if I'm not thinking about my knee.

Dorothy

:thankyou:

Thanks Josephine. Sounds like a great title to me - let's make the change, but how about Turtle Winning the Race, because it's still a work in progress.

Dorothy

@turtle68
I will think about a new thread title suggestion, but for now I'm glad to hear you are doing well. You had quite a year in 2013.

I changed mine to something like "turtle finally crossing the finish line." I guess the finish line is how you define it. There were no flags waving and crowds cheering but at some point I had to declare to myself, "I finished the race," and yes, I was the slow one too.

I am so in awe of your weight loss because no doubt all the difficulties have created lots of discomfort, and there is nothing like food to salve the sting of difficult days (my favorite: little root beer floats).

And isn't it amazing how much is accomplished not by us or the doctors but by Time?

And you're right, the folks on this forum are the best for helping us keep our courage, and refresh our approach, and remind us what we need to be doing. This is a GREAT forum.

1. Thanks Mary - The weight loss was not deliberate, for months when I was depressed, I had to force myself to eat. Maintaining is deliberate and I hope to keep the weight off by watching it and exerise. And yes, time is a wonderful healer. I am anxious to see what the dr. has to say when I go for my 1 year checkup next month.

Hi Dorothy, great post. You should be very proud of yourself. Suggestions for your new title. I like Turtle Winning the Race. Others for you to consider `Turtle Almost Home' ` Turtle stepping out' and my favourite `Texas Turtle Lost the Blues' xx Carol

Hi Dorothy, I am so happy to read that you've turned the corner. I wish we would have continued to live closer to each other and maybe I could have helped you some. You've been here giving words of encouragement to me and others all the while you had a lot going on too. Going on a cruise with so many from your new neighborhood sounds great. You definitely moved to the right area. Good for you my friend...Texas Turtle!

@RunA42K Thank you Bonnie, I met a woman in water exercise this morning who had TKR. 2 years ago and she Said for her after about 11 months, it just kept on getting better and better. Love those words of encouragement. How did working at the marathon go for you. It was a gorgeous day, so I hope you enjoyed it and didn't work too hard. By the way you have helped me a lot.

I like your new thread title.

I have my one year check up tomorrow and am posting a picture of my non-TKR where I fell last week. I'm going to show it to the dr. first and ask him if it should look like this after a year. Fortunately, it's just a big bruise with a little hematoma and only hurts lightly to the touch. (I took a spectacular fall in the garage last week) Wish me luck for tomorrow as I'm anxiously awaiting the new that my PCL is no longer loose (my tkr doesn't feel lax at all anymore.) Here's the picture. Wish me luck and thanks again to all my good bonesmartie friends @patient 99 @Dabber @RunA42K @Bionic woman2 @trailspud @Mutley @Nu Knee in June @mary 052 Will update you all tomorrow. Dorothy

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 179
Nice boo-boo! I'm betting that heals up just fine. It could've been worse! Fingers crossed for good news tomorrow.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88
Recent bookmarks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom