Revision TKR Turtle's Revision scheduled for July 19, 2016

Just a quick update. Moving along as much as I can and it seems the more I do the better I feel. Have another Urinary Tract Infection but on a different antibiotic than the Levaquin which gave me so many problems in June. trailspud I know you can relate to that. On a good note we close on our new home on 14th November and move in on the 15th. We're very excited to be moving into our new 1-story nest. Have been living in our daughters three story condo in town, and while it has been fun, we're ready to rest from stairs. I do think the stairs have been good PT for me, because my ROM on the operated knee now seems to be close to the same as the left which was meassured at 141 a couple of months ago, and the right was at 123.

Wishing you all a Happy Halloween.

Dorothy
 
[Bonesmart.org] Turtle's Revision scheduled for July 19, 2016
Good to hear that things are going so well---just takes more time for some of us, but we do get there in our own time. Take care and keep us updated 'cause you know we care!
 
turtle68, hi Dorothy I am so glad to read that you are doing so well and that you'll be in your new house soon. I am so jealous of your ROM! I've never been able to say that both knees are about the same. As of right now, I am having trouble getting a sock on my foot or my leg into my jeans. My ROM Is so bad that my knee just won't bend enough for the simplest of things. Waiting on December 2 for this revision then maybe one day I can finally say that both of my knees feel about the same!
 
RunA42K, thanks for your good wishes. I'm so sorry to hear about your ROM, but it sounds like you have the best possible OR to do your revision, and you will be good to go in a while. I'm curious what is his protocol for PT? Enjoy your visit with your Mom and make sure you take care of yourself along the way. Did you have any flooding yesterday? I saw on the news where Grant Road was flooded. We stayed in and had a beautiful water view in the park out front for a while.

Hugs, Dorothy
 
:bow: :bow: :bow: You are the ROM Master! I humbly bow to you and your 141 measurement. :cheers2: "Did I ever tell you you're my Heeeeee-ro-ooh!" :whistle:
 
turtle68 you know how Houston and surrounding areas are Dorothy. The usual streets flood out and we just know where not to drive. This was the most rain we've had since we've been in our new house. We were high and dry, no street flooding in my neighborhood, I drove to Fleet Feet via Longwood Trace to Louetta and had no problems after hours of heavy rain. The bayous were fuller than I've seen them in a long time, but all was fine for me.

Just waiting for my dreaded revision day only for the pain I know I have to go through again, but I have to believe that this will set me free of pain and have knee function once and for all.
 
RunA42K Bonnie, I know you'll be glad when it's over and you're back on the road to a complete recovery.

Enjoy the beautiful weekend we're having.

Hugs, Dorothhy
 
Hi Dorothy,
I have just been catching up on your post. What an amazing ROM. I am so pleased for you.
You are an inspiration, hugs, Toothfairy x :thumb: :bicycle2:
 
I forgot to mention that my extension is not what it should be. The pt measured it at -11 a couple of months ago, but I don't think it's that bad now. I can do everything pretty well except walk for any distance, and I still go down stairs one at time. But I'll take what I have and get on with it,

Dorothy
 
Hi Dorothy,
I hope you are now happily moved in to your new home.
Take your time unpacking and getting organised. There is no rush.
Enjoy and post some pictures when you are ready.
Hugs Toothfairy x :bicycle2: :flwrysmile: :SUNsmile:
 
patient 99 Toothfairy Dabber @ Bionic Woman2

Just a quick update. We just got internet today, the move has gone great with the usual little glitches along the way. We love our new home, the weather has cooperated, and most importantly, the knee has held up beautifully. I have not worked so hard and so much for years, and could never had done all this a year ago before my knee replacement. I'm walking all the time, unpacking, etc. The back has actually given me more trouble than the knee. Just aches. Thank for all your good wishes, will post more later. By the way, it's 9 months today since my TKR.
 
:goodpost: :flwrysmile:
I am pleased to hear all is going well,
Hugs,
Toothfairy x
 
Brilliant news Dorothy :) The wait was obviously worth while! Take your time getting your place sorted, after all, all your belongings aren't going anywhere! So glad to hear your knee has behaved itself & life is sounding good for you :flwrysmile:
 
Ooh lovely, enjoy your new home and take your time sorting it out. Pleased the knee is holding up.
Dabs :friends:
 
How wonderful for you to be able to move around and do this without the old knee pain. :)
 
Finally forced to rest today. I managed to take my first fall since TKR. Fortunately, I didn't break anything, iced right away, and ended up with deep bruise on right cheek, left arm, and managed to get up okay with the help of a nearby chair, hubby, and kneeled without thinking on my TKR knee. Really annoyed with myself after being mindful for so long but have to remember that always, it's not a day at a time, it's each moment, and I just can't be the multi-tasking Superwoman I once was.

Enjoying our new home, it's so cozy, and it's so cold right now. We're in for a hard freeze Thanksgiving morning. Happy Thanksgiving to all. I'm so grateful for all your support and so many other things. :kittykiss: :thankyou:
 
Oh dear, hoping you're recovering now and there's no damage. It takes some getting used to how the new knee moves and reacts doesn't it.

Take care.
Sue.:console2:
 
Happy Thanksgiving Dorothy :) I spent thanksgiving in New York & Manhattan one year. It was fabulous but SO COLD :sad:
So pleased your happy with your new house but you take care of yourself & that knee :flwrysmile:
 
Those falls are so tough!!! Please take good care of yourself and let others do the Thanksgiving Day chores! If they argue, just show 'em your bruises!!!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom