Oh Marian, my heart goes out to your daughter. MS is a diagnosis of elimination - I went through this scare myself. I was sitting at my desk at work and experienced left sided numbnes, lost the strenght in my left hand and left leg. I also lost my hearing in the left ear. So began the diagnosis of elimination -what it could not be. No, I did not have a stroke. I have had so many neurological workups. The numbness went away, the leg slowly regained strength and I got most of my grip back. My hearing is about half and half in the left ear. I could trace my 5th trigeminal nerve exactly across my face. LOOONNNGGG story short, it was decided to just wait it out and see if I had another "episode" since the side effects of the MS drugs are not good. MS is a scary diagnosis and I remember the feeling of being told I may have it. I, like you, kept it a secret from my mother and daughter. It was excruciating to go through, but thank the good Lord, I had a wonderful husband and a great neurologist. Tell your daughter that there are MANY things that can cause MS like symptoms - MANY. Don't lose heart and don't let one doctor make the diagnosis. If she does have MS, there are wonderful therapies that can sustain and improve her life. She is in my prayers - as is the mother that loves her so.