Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

In the US the only chiropratic services that are covered by Medicare are limited to manipulation of the spine. I am fortunate to have a PT person that does manual therapy on my bad shoulder and thus can get that covered by Medicare. After a motorcycle accident--no broken bones but serious muscle damage, my husband, at his physician's direction, went to a PT, a massage therapist and a chiroprator for about 6 wks.
 
So I'm back from my chiropractor visit. Because of my medical insurance ( Medicare from a disability I worked my way back from years ago) the only thing that is covered is spinal manipulation. She moved my leg and knee around to try to find if any of my problems were related to my spine. I am now in much more pain than I was in before I went there. My knee is greatly swollen and is burning and my entire leg is loudly complaining. I have it elevated with ice and took some Tylenol. I couldn't do anything else today on the way home. I had planned to buy some groceries and a couple of Christmas gifts on my way home. In my total frustration I called the OS nurse. I had sent an email to my original orthopedic doctor last week complaining about the OS and her lack of response to my pain continuing. She offered to specifically send orders for PT to do massage and some mild strengthening. She told me that they didn't want me to be in pain and I didn't have to change doctors. So I have an appointment next week with a new PT facility near to where I work.
 
I am sorry you are in more pain. Prayers for your visit with OS to be good and the PT facility to be just the right place for you!
 
I know you were hoping the chiropractor would be of help. :bawl:I hate to hear you are just feeling more miserable. I hope it will calm down with ice and rest. Do you have to work tomorrow?
So hopefully the new PT place will administer comfort measures.
I'm so sorry you are feeling so bad :-(
((((Hugs))))
 
@Glamg1979 I am working 8 to 4 tomorrow. I may be able to cut that a little shorter. I work Friday 5 to 12. Right now I'm working 4 days a week but I might talk to my boss to work fewer hours over more days but I'm not sure if it would be better or worse for me. I have my hours now at 32 a week.

Last night I went to get a glass of water and it was tan in color. The plumber was here and now I've got to go flush the water through all my pipes until it is clear. There's always something to distract me.:sos:
 
So sorry you are feeling worse! Bummer! I was hoping this might be just what you needed! Ugh!
Rest as much as you can. Hopefully the leg will calm down soon! :friends:

In my head, I'm hearing the old country song "If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all".... Unfortunately, the story of your journey! ( Says she who has been down "that" road more times than I like to think about! )
 
@Thesoutherncook Ive been down that road before and I've always found my way out. I'm just trying to think of this as a bump in the road. I guess all my Christmas shopping will be online. Hmm where did I leave that credit card?:type:
 
I do all mine on line now. Just can't take the crowds on weekends and too tired to shop after a day of teaching. I think the weather in PA has made my knees ache. The cold rain is just miserable and I feel it in my legs.
 
I do almost All of my shopping online! The UPS guy came up our drive one day, my DH went out to get the pkg and Mr. UPS grinned sheepishly. He had nothing for us! He said his truck just naturally came up our road! :rotfl:
I frequently bake cookies for him and I suspect he was hungry that day! I'll see a lot of him in the coming weeks....with lots of pkgs for 5 Grands!:heehee: Guess I'd better get those cookies ready!
 
Shoot. I myself have had mixed results with chiropractors. I do, however, have a great PT. She does massage on my IT band, which I think is working but it is slooooowww! Hope you get a good PT!
 
I'm sorry the chiropractor wasn't able to help. That's disappointing.

It always annoys me to hear that insurance companies dictate treatment. I guess they only dictate what they will pay for.
I do pay for my chiropractic treatment, as it isn't covered by my insurance. However, for that payment I get the treatment that I need.
 
@KarriB The weather in the NE side of PA has been pretty miserable too. I'd rather have snow than rain and fog.

@Thesoutherncook A couple of years ago because they finally set up the 911 emergency system here they renumbered all the houses so I always have to fight with UPS to convince them that my house actually exists. They finally got it last month. FedEx still hasn't agreed that I live in a 'real' house
 
I agree! Cold with snow is much drier than this cold rain. My bones just ache!
 
Finally!! OS office responding! Now I hope you get some help and answers.
I live in North FL so we do get some cold weather and snow about every 100 years :rotfl: It was cold tonight and had to see my GP and then went out to eat. I swear, I could feel my implant and it was colder than the rest of my leg. Very strange.

How did your day go?
 
I hope everyone is watching the live performance of the Wiz! It's really good. My new favorite part is on. The tin man is asking for his oil can!!:rotfl:
 
@Oldladyrunner Unfortunately I wouldn't have enough income that way to be able to pay all my bills. In 11 months I'll be able to retire early and get social security on my record and also my ex-husband's record. He has consistently been making over 100,000 for a number of years so the amount I get from home should be fairly significant.

I worked from 5 am to 12 pm today. I had a short meeting with my boss today and we discussed how things were going with the job and if I thought I was having any problems. He also asked me about my knee. After three months in my job I can cut my hours even further to 30 hours a week. I would still be considered fulltime with those hours. I told him I was going to go back to physical therapy and he told me we could work out my hours to accomplish that. PT is there until 6 pm and they're across a large parking lot from my job. I also asked to continue to take off on Wednesdays so I never work more than 2 days in a row. He agreed that with maybe some minor exceptions he is ok with that.

As far as my daughter and the MS diagnosis she has an appt on Dec 14th and she seems a little bit calmer. I offered to go with her if she wanted me too. She said she will be ok going without me. I'll probably ask her to sign a form to give to doctor to allow me to talk directly with doctor if need be.
 
Wow! You got a great work environment and boss. I worked until age 71, under a crappy boss. I had 320 hours of sick leave accumulated, but I was too healthy to use them, so I lost them. After I retired, my knee went downhill. However, since I'm on Medicare, with a Kaiser Senior Advantage supplement, my $36,000 TKR only cost me $270. It would have been completely covered by Workman's Comp if the doctors had given me an MRI when I tore my meniscus at work a year earlier.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom