Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Happy Thanksgiving to you also! Any chiropractic office should have a variety of services. Happy you have the long weekend:)
 
I've spent this morning researching chiropractic doctors. I'll give a couple a call tomorrow morning. There's a few within 20 miles of my house and I'll see if any can see me tomorrow. ( I live in the mountains so 20 miles is considered close to home!). Thanks to all! You all have been great with suggestions.
 
I had a good day with 2 of my daughters, a sister and a son-in-law. It's a 2 hour trip each way and I had to come home to take care of my dogs. My legs and both knees were very sore all day. I took some Tylenol while at my daughters house and just took more plus a tramadol since I'm not working until Monday. I am hoping I get to see a chiropractor tomorrow.

My avatar is now another one of my dogs. She is a Maltese Bischon mix 10 pounder.
 
Good Morning. Love the new avatar. Such a pretty dog. I always watch the National Dog Show and love to see the different breeds. Both of our dogs have passed along with one of the cats. We vowed to not get another dog, since we now have a cat with asthma, but sure do miss having one. I hope you recover from your trip.
 
I've called the all the chiropractors near my home and I guess everyone is out shopping today. I tried all of them within 30 miles of my home and either got an answering service or recordings. I've been concentrating on stretching my calf muscles and keeping both elevated since I returned home. I do feel a bit better today. I slept about 8 hours last night in my recliner. I'm happy for that. I still can't get comfortable in my own bed so I haven't been able to sleep there since I had my surgery in July!! I've got to clean up my family room since my youngest daughter is coming home late today and wants to decorate my house for Christmas.
 
I'm exhausted but I'm having one of my hard to sleep nights. I wish the sandman would make an emergency visit to my house tonight!!
 
I'm sorry that sleep is eluding you.

I didn't get back into a normal sleep pattern until about 5 months after my last TKR. I watched a lot of mindless TV during those long nights.
 
I did some Christmas shopping today with my youngest daughter. We're both having a tough time because I lost my mom a year ago and it's just difficult to 'get in the spirit'. Unfortunately my siblings have split apart so no big Thanskgiving meals and no big family get together for Christmas either. I know this has nothing to do with my TKR but it does bring me down plus the pain I have in the new and old knee. We are starting to decorate my house now. I have some of mom's decorations that we will use this year.
 
I know holidays are hard after parents are gone. My BF lost both of her parents within a year of each other. It's hard to let go of old traditions and start new ones. I can understand how this would compound emotions during your recovery.
 
Marian, I am sorry. We buried my mother on December 20th, 2013. I understand the sadness and sense of loss. That first Christmas, I just cried my way through it. Last year, I needed to have a new beginning in traditions and we changed some things. This year, with the knee, it is once again different. With both parents gone, there is a profound sense of not belonging to something greater...I don't know how to explain it. I had a very close relationship with my parents and miss them desparately. It is o.k. to be sad and it is o.k. if you want to smile and remember the happy times also. You are in prayers.
 
My bf's mom died unexpectedly in her sleep at my friend's house. My friend wasn't present through much of the next year. She doesn't remember much of what happened through the year, especially the holidays. Lean on your children, they'll be worried about you and will want to help you through as well.
 
Hi @newlybionic I have been MIA for the past two days due to Thanksgiving celebrations.
I know as we get older the holidays are a mixture of old memories and continuing to make new ones. I understand the sadness of loss during this time of year and it is heartbreaking, but like you since the death of my parents and one of my siblings the family has split apart.
Blessed though now that we have grown children and their families.
Doubly hard to deal with the pain and recovery of your surgery added into the mix. Here's a gentle (((hug))).
I am so hoping you find the answer with a chiropractor. Does seem like the hamstrings are giving you a fit and the quinine or a muscle relaxer might be of help.
I do think you are a very strong woman and I would be so miserable doing 10-12 hr shifts without knee problems!!
Use this long weekend to rest!
 
@Karri and @Glamg1979 Thank you so much for your kind words. It just was hard this afternoon when my daughter started to cry while we were in the car ( she's 24) and I couldn't comfort her. My other two girls are married and are 5 and 6 years older so they can handle it better.

I tried calling a chiropractor in the area and everyone I called was closed for the long weekend so I'll try to get someone on Monday. I'men we came working then from 5 am ( and I hate mornings!) :bored: until 3 pm when I switch from the floor to a class for 90 minutes. I just hope I don't fall asleep.

We didn't get to the grocery wrote so I didn't pick up any quinine but I'll try anything. I did take Tylenol and tramadol when we got home to help with the pain and achiness.
 
"With both parents gone, there is a profound sense of not belonging to something greater...I don't know how to explain it"
I do! It doesn't matter how old you are when you lose your parents--you are now an "orphan." You have lost that quiet sense of security that has always been there since you were a child.

I have a suggestion for those suffering from cramped muscles that works very well for me--magnesium. The tonic water is also a good idea--my dad used to take quinine for his muscle cramps.
 
This is Contessa--she is a purebred Arabian, one of seven that we still have. We bred Arabians for 30 years but are now retired. At six years old, she is our next to youngest.
 
@Kssii I used to ride horses every week when i was young even though I lived in a city. I had a favorite (though rented) who was a 7 year old chestnut. I was even doing jumping classes albeit low fences.

My daughter has finished my Christmas decorations in my family room. I've changed my avatar to this year's version. She worked hours at it. There are over 800 lights on the tree alone.
 
LOL! My hubby waited until he was 69 to learn to jump; he has a 15 yr. old Arab mare that doesn't know that Arabs aren't suppose to be good jumpers--she easily flys over 4 foot jumps. (Although hubby is restricted to under 3 foot ones!!!:whistle:)
 
Your family room looks beautiful, she did a great job. My family has also had losses this last couple of years. I lost my father and where the family was split my boys had is worse..2 more grandparents and their father. I have 2 sons 35 and 32 who are so much of my life. They are very close to my husband (step father) and I love my daughter-in-law. They have taken such great care of me these last few months. I love the holidays and we will be starting our decorations tomorrow:)
It sounds like you are starting to feel a little better and glad you had time with your daughter.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom