Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

I'm glad your new knee is doing so well, Marian.
Considering the long hours that you work, I'm not surprised thta it still swells. I'm sure that will gradually settle down.
 
@newlybionic I'm glad your new knee is doing well! You are a trooper going in for the other one. I have to have ithe left one done and it was planned for July but I'm holding off. I think I'll wait at least a year or two, lol. We'll be here throughout your journey! You go girl!
 
Yay @newlybionic! So glad you guys had a good time, and so happy your knee is doing well! I was actually thinking of a cruise for hubby and myself later this year, so it's nice to know that's a 'doable' vacation. Keeping my fingers crossed and thinking of you for the surgery in April! :roseshwr:
 
Another new first today. I walked up a long flight of outside stone steps at an office today foot over foot without hanging onto the handrail. The bionic knee was happy to oblige while my old knee complained every step. I even walked down the same way. My knee still gets stiff after sitting for a little while but within a few steps most of it is gone. The old knee has been causing me a lot more pain lately. I wish I could get this done sooner but I took a date in April so my youngest can be with me. I told her I could get one of the other two daughters to take me to the hospital but she would be worried unless she was there. I go back to my OS March 29th for my 1 year post op and my pre op visit. Two for the price of one!
 
I'm feeling your pain, Marian! Tuesday was my 2nd shot, the PA inserted the syringe then said, "I'm going to twist it." :yikes: My knee has not been the same since he did that. I'm not fond of this PA, he's the one who pulled my drain after the TKR surgery. I told him it was a good thing I couldn't move my leg otherwise I would've kicked him. I hope it gets better.

I'm sorry the work schedule is still so long and inconsistent. No wonder your knee sore.
 
Here I am, a couple of weeks before I'm a year out. Actually it's been a 20 month journey for this knee. Time went by quickly.

I can do almost everything I want at this time. My old knee is slowing me down. I still feel stiff when standing up especially after a long day. I also still get some swelling. I very rarely might feel a twinge of pain. I was doing stairs normally up and down until the other knee put a halt to that. My extension is still not at 0 but it does get better every month. I haven't had full extension for many years so I'm not worried. My OS actually thinks I've done much better than he expected after my revision.

So with that last note I'm officially calling my TKR a complete success! It's now on to knee number two.
 
I'm glad the revision worked out so well, Marian. Yep, it's my TKR that can do the stairs normally. The natural knee balks at them.
 
I'm glad your revision knee has done so well, Marian. I hope you get the same result with the other knee.
 
@dadman35 A revision is basically a replacement of the original TKR. For some reason the TKR failed and needed to be replaced.
 
@dadman35 It is very rare for someone to need a revision so soon after a TKR so I don't want you or anyone else to assume they are heading there when your recovery may not be as fast as we all thought it would.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom