Hip Infection THR from hell

So sorry you are sore...get some ice on that.
Yay for giving PT a break.
I am praying you can relax and get some distractions as I can only imagine you are tired of sitting around.
I love my recliner.
 
Hi @Fractured
I'm sorry you're in pain. Hopefully some icing and rest has helped.
It seems men struggle way more than women with the sitting around biz.
Men are more risk takers than women.

We want you to get this right. I know you do to.
I think you should frame that jaw dropping picture from your initial post
and put it on the side table next to your favorite chair as a reminder of why you're chillin! :yikes:
I still gasp when I look at it. You're leg is healing and it's going to take time.
Soon enough you'll be moving about freely and that hip will hopefully last your lifetime if you do this right.
Wishing you a great week!
 
:wave: How's Trouble been lately?
I read elsewhere you're fighting a cold and your thigh muscle is bothering you.
Hope both have eased a bit since you posted.
Any big plans for the weekend, or is the pain to bothersome?
Say Hi when you're able and let us know how you're doing.
Wishing you a great weekend!
@Fractured
 
Yes, hope you are hanging in there.
Hope your weekend is sweet.
 
Last edited:
@Layla @Mojo333 I had therapy today OUCH! LOL I'm told my IT band is very aggravated. I don't know what to do with this IT thing. It's making me crazy! Hurts like hell all the time. I found this stuff called Thera Worx... Its a foam and it cuts the pain in half. Driving to Chicago Sunday and Monday. I have some Tempur Pedic seat pads nice and cushy to sit on. Driving is ok. Getting in and out is a pin. Slow going and frustrated! Hope all of you are doing better than me!!! Ill check in during the week from Chicago! Greg
 
Hi Greg,
Consider checking in with, Jo, our Nurse, about that IT biz to get her opinion once you get back to AZ.

Driving to Chicago from AZ....that's quite the trek!
Take lots a walking / stretching breaks and consider bringing some gel ice packs in a cooler.
I hope you have a great trip. Check in as you mentioned and let us know how the drive went.
Enjoy yourself and SAFE TRAVELS!
@Fractured
 
@Layla I have compression socks to wear. We stop every few hours for gas and to walk the dogs. I will check in with Jo... Thank you as always!!
 
Oh Greg, Chicago! Such a long drive.
I hate it for your IT band giving you fits. I have heard weak gluteus muscles, Max and min - can really affect this.
As you still have restrictions I would be oh so careful about any exercising but maybe glute squeezes can strengthen? Please check with OS or PT.
Guessing alot of this is effect of having to stay off of that and weakness in hips.
Wishing you the best for your trip.
 
We made it in 2 days.... Drove 1000 miles last Sunday and 750 on Monday. I bought a temper pedic cushion and it helped tremendously. Did some walking yesterday. I know why I moved form this state. IT's TO COLD HERE! LOL I'm a little sore today but my friend Advil helped. Laying low today. Leaving Sunday morning to go back to AZ!!! Hope everybody is recovering and feeling well!!!
 
@Fractured
You'll notice that I have merged your newest thread with your original recovery thread. For several reasons, we prefer that you only have one recovery thread:
  • That way, we have all your information in one place. This makes it easier to go back and review your history before providing advice.
  • If you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts and advice others have left for you in the old threads, and some information may be unnecessarily repeated
  • Having only one thread will act as a diary of your progress that you can look back on.
So please post any updates, questions or concerns about your recovery here. If you prefer a different thread title, just post what you want and we'll get it changed for you.
If you need an urgent response to a question, just tag a member of staff.
How to tag another member; how to answer when someone tags you

Here are the instructions on finding your thread, How can I find my threads and posts? . Many members bookmark their thread, so they can find it when they log on.
 
@alexthecat OOpsie.. LOL will do

@Mojo333 Got back to Arizona yesterday evening. Thigh muscles are very upset with me. I woke up with pounding pain in my thigh, had to take a norco to make it go away. Limping today but feeling better. No pain in the glutes or hip. Just the thigh, pain radiates to the ankle?? I feel a 2 inch dent or void in the thigh?? I wonder if the muscle was cut? All I can say is it's in the 70's today and I'm glad it is!! Hope everybody is doing well!
 
Whew....Crazy guy, it's good to read you made it back home safely. That's a whole lot of road trippin!
Maybe you should consider icing, if you haven't already.
Is the thigh pain radiating to the ankle something new?
Same with the void you mentioned. New, or its been there?
If so, maybe you should consider weighing in with Josephine...an option to ponder.
70 degrees, sounds heavenly. Snow still hanging around here and 40 :groan:
Enjoy your day!
@Fractured
 
Can’t comment on the pain you’re experiencing. But I also have a large dent in the incision area. It appeared after the internal swelling went down. I understand it’s due to all the fat and muscles being moved around when they do the op. I think that it has reduced a little so I’m hopeful it will eventually go. But tbh if it doesn’t it’s a small price to pay for being free from the OA pain.
 
Yay..sunshine. I have two dents.
Gotta problem with that:heehee:
Guess it's normal...
Glad you are doing well my Fractured Friend!
 
@Layla When the pain is peaking, as in the muscles and tendon's are beyond PO'd the pain does radiate into my ankle. I will touch base with Josephine... got to ready for RE class.

@Jackie222 I have a 2" dent which is the center of my pain. I can;t wait until this is all healed and over with...

@Mojo333 We should start a dented leg club?? LOL Doing OK pal o mine... I woke up with horrible pain this morning... Ibuprofen and ICE are my friend and I think I can make it to RE class today!! They say no pain no gain... I say ENOUGH with the pain LOL Have a great day. The drive was worth it. We got to see our daughter!
 
Mine look kind of like inverted parentheses.
Don't know why the "void"...mine kind of seems like that too though so I'm gonna pretend like that's normal since there is a consensus of two at this point.
Glad you saw your daughter...and wish you were done with the pain part of your journey.
Remind me, when will they check you out again?
Hope you have a Good Day!
 
A car ride worth suffering through in an effort to see your daughter.
How nice @Fractured ....happy for you!
Wondering if its become any easier sitting through real estate class?
I wish that pain would lessen for you..
Hoping you have a nice weekend and Easter.
 
@Layla Yes it was worth the ride! I missed my little munchkin LOL I love to drive. I did back to back days Weds and Thurs 5 hours each for RE class and Mr Thigh was not happy. I have a tempur pedic Office chair at home I can sit in just fine. The lil office chairs at the school are horribly uncomfortable. I hope the pain lessons as well. The pain area is shrinking but the spasms and pain in the thigh are a strong 8-9. Injection number 3 today!!! Happy Easter everybody!!!
 
Aww, your little munchkin. Sounds like you have a nice father daughter bond. Very sweet!
It's great you had a safe trip to AZ and back.

Hearing the pain area is shrinking is good BUT the spasms and thigh pain at a strong 8-9 sounds miserable!
I sure hope Injection # 3 brings you some well deserved relief. Keep us posted.

Wishing you a Happy Easter!
@Fractured
 
We figured out in the hospital that the medicines for pain did nothing for the muscle pain/cramping. A muscle relaxer helps me. It doesn't take much for me. Too little too late, but when I get in the car, I think Ladylike, a Lady in a Dress. Sit sideways in the seat and keep my legs together and swing them together, into the car. I too am happy & understand yhe drive to see your daughter @Fractured
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom