Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

@Layla @AgilityDog Well injection #3 is done. I love the numbing stuff.... takes all the pain away. I did get some startling news. If this injection doesn't calm things down, there is the possibility if a psoas release in my future.

If it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none at all. So I am icing and hoping for the best. Happy Easter
 
:fingersx: glad you have some relief.
So sorry you are still having such issues.
Wishing you a peaceful beautiful Easter.
Good mojo coming your way, @Fractured :ok:
 
While the prospect of a psoas release procedure may not be appealing, but if it can provide permanent relief, that would be worth it, wouldn't it? I would think that the Fact that the shots help would indicate that the release would also help.
 
I feel a big difference today... Not 100% but pain was cut in half from yesterdays injection. Now the hard part. Sit my happy but down and let it heal. This 3 rd shot seemed to have the biggest affect. I go back to the Doc in 5 weeks. If I'm not all mo betta... LOL We discuss the release option. I'm gunna fast today so I can chow down tomorrow. YUM Enjoy the day! Greg
 
:wave:
Wonderful news that your pain was cut in half by last weeks injection.
Wondering how much you've improved since then?
Hopefully this does the trick and you won't need the psoas release.
Wishing you a pain free week and a mega dose of patience.
@Fractured
 
Well... Hello everybody. I'm told I have a tilted pelvis?? I'm chicken to try a chiropractor. How's everybody doing? I'm the same. Thigh hurts like hell!
 
Hmm :chinstroke: Does your OS recommend chiropractic?
I've read that some benefit from it, but I haven't been back to mine since THR.
I feel your fear....me too! Don't like the thought of him jacking my hip around :bolt:
How about you be the guinea pig and let me know how it goes, lol! :loll: Then maybe I'll try it....

I hope you're doing well and that your pain is decreasing. Injection must still be working?
A great weekend to you!
@Fractured
 
@Layla He showed my in the xrays how my left pelvis is tilted up and my left is titled down. My left hip did adjust very slightly. Didnt hurt at all. Back adjusted fine, neck is stiff as a board. I just don't know what to do with this thigh pain. Chiro Doc said it's L4 & 5??? So far so good today. Sitting just kills everything... walking hurts?? Can you say... FRUSTRATION? LOL
 
I have major back issues (L3 & 4). I saw an osteopath for adjustment post LTHR. I couldn't take the harsh adjustments the chiropractor does. Osteopathy does similar adjustments but very slowly and gently. I then had acupuncture after each session. Worked for me!
 
Did the chiro have you lay on your side and jack your hip.
That's what's holding me back and maybe that wouldn't be his plan for me these days anyway?
Plus....I can always say NO :bignono:

I wish you could get this under control, sitting and walking shouldn't hurt. I'm sorry you can't find some permanent relief. I still think you should consider getting Jo's opinion.....can't hurt :shrug:

To brighter days...
@Fractured
 
I cant sit in a mushy couch or super hard chair. I have a tempur pedic office chair that is perfect. Walking still is a problem. I give up!
 
I also had L4-L5 degeneration in discs, and one herniated disc. Every week Physio worked with movements and techniques designed for strengthening the core muscles. I was weak before THR from living in the pre surgery out of shape stage.This was the strangest exercise and helped so much. I'll try to explain it in case next time you go to PT ask about it if interested. A movement pressure gage was placed on my stomach kind of like a round tire Gage with needle to measure on the numbers for movement. While laying on my back knees resting on pillow, I was instructed to squeeze my glute and stomach muscles without making any movement that would show up on the gage on my stomach. This took a lot of muscle control and once I learned how to move each muscle in the bum,back & stomach area it becomes easier and strengthens all the core muscles and the lower back. The best muscle exercise for my back was sitting in a chair or laying flat knees supported and flex those glutes and start with 15 glute and stomach squeezes move up to thirty repeat 3-5 X's a day. It was like magic. After a few weeks my back was so much better. Also did massage and acupuncture and water exercises for strengthening back muscles and legs & also helps with IT band issues as I had all those little micro tears in mine . It all eventually comes together. As the saying goes practice makes perfect. So true...
 
Hi @Fractured
I'm so sorry you continue to suffer. It doesn't feel fair. It reminds me of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
This chair is too soft, this chair is too hard BUT you can't find the chair that's just right. Has to be maddening!
What is your game plan at this point? You need some relief.
Hope today is a good day....
 
Everything I read leads to the psaos tendon release. I barely slept last night. I eat Advil like M&M's I cancelled therapy today. In to much pain... Waiting for the Ortho Doc to call... I hopefully can get in there today!
 
So sorry @Fractured
Hopefully you were able to see your OS.
Wishing you comfort and pain relief. Update us when your able.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom